Can we get an pre-release character editor?

+
I became a feature for ne MMO games to have an editor released early, so everyone can start at the same time. I'm not sure if it's as important in a single player game - if you take a long time to create a character, then you probably play a bit slower and try to be immersed in the game, so its not a race to the max level.

I would rather like CDPR to squish a few more bugs/add a couple extra customisation options rather than spend time on something that will be used only for a couple days before the game comes out.

Folks, why are we asking for anything other than the game in 94 days? These detractions from the main event, "i want multiplayer", "can we get a demo version created", "how about a stand alone character creator"... madness! All of these require separate resources, and by that I mean people, time and computer resources, that are currently needed for the game itself. Stop the scope creep!
welcome-to-the-insanity-meme.jpg

Folks, why are we asking for anything other than the game in 94 days? These detractions from the main event, "i want multiplayer", "can we get a demo version created", "how about a stand alone character creator"... madness! All of these require separate resources, and by that I mean people, time and computer resources, that are currently needed for the game itself. Stop the scope creep!
View attachment 11055989

What?

I agree with the above; plus its kind of a spoiler optional but alas wont it be more exciting the less you know?
A feature like this would of course be cool but I'd rather not want any more delays or focus upon more trival things other than getting it out there for November.
I haven't booked my vacation yet D:

Building a separate demo/creation tool from part of the game is in itself a separate game. Any focus on process outside of the game itself detracts from the ability of the devs to get the main game out on time. CDPR devs answered an interview in an article about this topic saying no to demos/creation tools/mod kits/crafting minigames/minigames set in night city/ or items that most assume would be a snippet of current game being released befor cp2077. It doesn't work like that, you can't just cut a portion of the game (especially an rpg game like cp2077) and say here play this; it won't run. They aren't meant to be stand alone modules, they are inherent interwoven parts of the body of the rpg game, and you are asking the devs to stop what they are doing and in analogy perform a tripple heart bypass and a lung transplant so you can stop twiddling your thumbs while still demanding the surgeons (cdpr devs) heal the main game of bugs, close it up, pat it on the back, and issue it out the door to us on November 19th. They can do one, or the other.

What is so confusing about that, or full sentences?

Last edited:
:facepalm:(not judging anyone, I'm just sad :( Cmon people, we have more energy in our hearts than this! :sad:)
*ahem*
Ryuji: We've come this far, we ain't gonna give up!
Ann: Yeah! You gotta do way better than this!
Yusuke: Don't underestimate our tenacity!
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::cool:(y)

but...
we would never see it coming... ;D

As someone who spends way too much time making characters (providing there's enough variety in the CC to justify it) I'd love that.

In the past I've spent 30 to 40 minutes making a character, started, made a save, then gone back to the main menu to make an entirely different character. After doing this several times, I then pick one and finally begin to play the game. I think the worst this has been was when I played XCOM 2 and spent several hours making characters to add to the soldier pool, so that they'd appear as recruits, VIPs and staff.

For CP, I think I'll be tempted to make one of each life-path before I actually start playing. Maybe even a male and female for each life-path. So six characters before I even play the game proper. Eek.

A pre-release CC would mean I could have the codes ready to just paste in and get started on day of release. I think ME3 did that, as well as one of the Saints Row games.

Very much doubt it'll happen though.

It makes zero sense for them to release that. Why would they do that? lol

They should save everything and hit you with surprises like a truck at release

Guest 4211861

I want to get the stats right before release, I still don't get what each really means!

For CP, I think I'll be tempted to make one of each life-path before I actually start playing. Maybe even a male and female for each life-path. So six characters before I even play the game proper. Eek.
Well, I'm figuring it would be more of just the appearance side of the creator. Not the stats and all that.
Basically I'd just like to make a couple of good character designs so that I'd be ready when the game starts (and I don't spend a day just making my character's face once I start). :p

yeah i doubt this will happen also lol, unless they release a demo beforehand, but even demo's wouldnt have 100% character creation options

I would love at least some kind of demo I can download onto my console so I can see how it looks and feels and determine if I have to get a next gen console or go all in on the PC, or if a current gen is sufficient.

(Spoiler: it won't and we'll have to upgrade to enjoy the game to the fullest)

I mean, a gesture of good faith would do them a world of good right about now.

It isnt going to happen.

Like, first of all the entire studio is already crunching just to simply release the game. So just from the logical get-go the answer "no" is a "no" brainer.

Also, this is just people being impatiant isnt it? What do you get out of being handed a character creator demo? Absolutly nothing. You just want to get your hands on the game in any shape or form, -which btw, is fair enough- Until you actually expect to get silly things like this.

I think a more reasonable hope would be some kind of post launch goodie available just to those with either preorder or bought game in first I don't know when half when it does come out. Like a special HD theme for pc and consoles. as a kind of sorry for all the heartbreaks but thanks for sticking it out with us. do i expect it to happen no but would be nice

Probably better to just pick up the sims and some mods and create some cybersims to fill that void rather than hoping for a separate character creator.

Probably better to just pick up the sims and some mods and create some cybersims to fill that void rather than hoping for a separate character creator.
Maybe Sims 3. The Sims 4 is facing its own public relations nightmare bugfest right now. I've had my copy shelved for a couple of months now, still waiting on patches for massive bugs that were introduced before the last two DLC, which introduced massive new bugs on their own.

Guest 4406876

Basically let us have access to the character creator so we can mess about with making characters we like the look of before the game's out. :)
If I'm not mistaken that's what Spore did before release. It's just this isn't Spore XD but would be cool, but extra work. So i don't think it's gonna happen.

Maybe Sims 3. The Sims 4 is facing its own public relations nightmare bugfest right now. I've had my copy shelved for a couple of months now, still waiting on patches for massive bugs that were introduced before the last two DLC, which introduced massive new bugs on their own.
Yeah, in reality in sims 3 you could not only make cyberpunk sims but you could build your own cyberpunk world.

Top Bottom