Can we get co-op for Mutiplayer? 2vs2?

+
This would be great as a casual random modes. Like arcade from overwatch. And would be good for the devs to test random modes and sees what sticks

2v2 Gwent Battels Yes or No?

Would you like to see 2v2 in Gwent, a new way to fight along side your friends.
If so, how do you think CDPR would be able to add 2v2 into the game?

Blind_Wolf thread merged

Short answer: no
Long answer: It's too complicated to implement and it wouldn't be worth it considering the amount of effort CDPR needs to put into this; they should prioritize more important things.

4RM3D, I understand the need to not over populate the suggestion forum with threads, but my idea is more involved then simple co-op. I am talking about a different type of ranked system/tournament where teams are not playing co-op so much as they are playing concurrently to try and boost team standing/rank (think more like bowling team.) I am not trying to be difficult (I promise) I just don't think this idea belongs in this thread.

Last edited:
The only way i see this working is a coop mode vs AI, it's been tried before in various forms in other card games and i quite like it

Crazy idea, what if there were 2 matches happening on 2 boards, (both visible via split screen) and both players on each team were forced to use the same faction. Then what happens is both decks are combined and both players draw from the same pool (smaller decks may be required.) The round total for both you and your team is displayed on each screen. The team must win or lose the round not the individual. Either player can pass whenever they want but the other teammate is not forced to pass. This adds a ton of strategy as you can decide which hand to protect and which hand to use up. Also of course burning one hand in favor of the other has risks (but what is gwent without risk.)

Any news about this?
2v2 in Yugioh is awesome, why don't make it here either??
Looking forward to it!!!

So, listen up Gwentiacs, what do you think about this suggestion?
I think a 2v2 Mode could really be a fun mode, like Arena. The Idea is, you play together with another player (preferable a friend) against two others. You dont share the same board, but you can interact with the units on his (and the enemys site) like you can with your own units. Your units strength are added together. You can pass, your friend can still play. You see what Cards he has in his hand and he can see yours. There is obviously a lot of room to elaborate, but I think this could be insanly fun with the combined tactics of different factions like in arena. I dont think this would make much of a serious game mode, but otherwise it would be awesome.

So I don't know if this is a horrible idea, but I think it would be fun to have team battles in gwent, like 2 vs 2 or something. Balancing could be a nightmare, but it might make some lesser played cards more viable. What do you guys think?

Coop.

Coop matchmaking with 2vs2 matches. You could play with another random player on your side with a lorefriendly ally faction or even the same faction. For example Scoia'tael + Nilfgaard on your side vs Northern Realms + Skellige in the other side or Monsters + Monsters in one side vs Skellige + Monsters in the other side, etc.

2vs2 would be crazy and super fun, because your ally player would interact with your cards on the board along with your cementery (E.g. Monsters or Skellige factions)

Please think about this. You could do this easily with 5 cards from your faction deck and the other 5 cards from your ally faction deck (10 cards in one side, 5 from your deck + 5 cards from the other coop player deck in the first round, both ally players could interact with all their cards, 50 cards minimum in a cooperative deck, the 2 other player skins in the right corner of the screen, etc) 4 players in total per coop match.

Please think about this. It could be amazing.

Add also the third row from beta gwent and The Witcher 3 gwent, you can do this and it'll fit perfectly if you zoom out the camera view perspective, you know making the point of view a little further. This way everything will fit on the screen, and please don't tell me that you can't do this because mobile devices, because mobile phones nowadays have bigger screens than my PC monitor... so don't be lazy, we want the third round for more possibilities and more fun. The game can be boring sometimes without new game mechanics. Sorry but is the truth.

I think co-op is pretty fun. I hope to release test version don't mind balance.
Each team has a shared board, but they should select different faction.
Maybe, it is possible like Starcraft 2 co-op(commander).

Honestly I don't play gwent for some time because I don't like the way that the gwent is heading for a long time, but I have idea that could be interesting IMO so regardless of my current attitude to gwent I want to sheare it with community. So, as it was said in the title: what do You think about 2vs2 coop game mode? You get a random ally and You face the another team. If the ally will be always random or if You could create a team with friend, I think it does not matter - the more interesting thing wll be two decks from two factions in coop aginst another two decks from two factions - interesting combos, possibility to aid teammate with good cards aginst certain opponent that he don't have counters, etc.
What do You think, good or bad idea? Or hard to say?
I invite to discussion and poll

Years ago when I played MTG on console there were at least a couple of variations of the game involving more than two players, I think. Maybe one of them was 2 v 2 and maybe there was something else where there was you versus a few other players, each playing for themselves. If I recall, many times there would be AI in the mix for a variety of reasons.

I think that it would be interesting to have options like these in the game. It might even be fun. Or not.

Top Bottom