Can We have a life outside of Grunge Work?

+
Say I wanted to... you know.... Get Street Cred.... by Different Means... instead of Going around "FIXING" the problems of people we really have no Business Fixing problems for... why should it be our job to fix other peoples problems, what if V wants to walk a different path?
OR Instead of "Fixing" problems through Violence, Raise up to the top of Fame and Stardom... through other means. Like Say Modeling or what not... Very very Loosely used "What Not"

I guess what I should be saying is, why is Violence and Mayhem the only thing on peoples minds... why can't we use Seduction and Fame, or well yah become so famous we can get into the Elites, while also being a deadly shooter... or move from the BLOOD LUSTING Street Urchin, to a graceful flower.... With thorns.

Most games I always see... it is ether All performance and class with no guns and violence, or all guns and violence with out class and performance.... I think Bayonetta had the best mix of the two.

Take a look at how this game plays... so far...
- V goes in saves a girl... played out like I thought it would for such a situation...
- V then goes home gets up, has a nice partner...
- then V does her morning things and gets a job... from what I can guess is a Big PLAYER, who is working on behalf of another BIGGER PLAYER *Record Screech*

Ok right here.... Can we please be allowed to choose from jobs other than the Puppet and Grunt of Corporations, and Gunge Job worker?
I can think of several jobs.... that are not a "FIXER" of things.
= Day Job =
- Entertainer (Like a Dominatrix/Exotic Dancer or what not)
- Bouncer (Keep the Club Safe)
- Idol (have a Following and sing or model whatever it is Idols do)
- Fashion Designer (Make Fashion)
- Exotic Cyberwear Model.... yes you do get FREE cyberwear. ;)
- (insert) Model
- Weapons Designer (GLORIOUS TOOLS OF WAR...)
- Vehicle Designer (It Can go Zoom and Boom)

= Night Job =
- Whatever V does normally.
- Working to bring down all the corporations or bring them to their knees.
-- This job might also work into the day Job... by rising up becoming so famous you get into such places.
- Night City Domination.... Then... The world... :3 because people like the idea.
- Sleeping... being inside safe and sound.

Now all of these could work in the game... maybe.... I hope.
Maybe getting Kidnapped by some Infamous organization and instead of being bailed out, you find your big break... or escape on your own... I can tell in CP:2077 you are no one in distress.

World Famous Models, Actors, and Designers have lots of pull too.... just an Idea from me... about doing something besides whatever the NORMAL GRUNGE is ;3

Maybe Make it a Expansion or DLC of some kind.... call it "Another Life, or Lifestyle Alter" (Yes it sucks I know Y.Y)

*Sigh* I wrote alot then there was an error to your thread and it all got lost in a dark hole...

first , I think the word 'Fixer' in cyberpunk is probably the same 'Fixer' used in the shadowrun realm . Meaning , that word 'Fixer' doesn't mean you go fix peoples problem . Oh hell no! 'Fixer' is used to say 'The person who give you a job , who find you client and you go trough the fixer and he take a cut from your paycheck , cose he found the client' . In shadowrun thats what a fixer was . And every shadowrunner was someone without ID (Or SIN) , and it was illegal and most of them (if not all of them) where criminals working against or around the Laws .

Most jobs were about stealing stuff from big corp X and your client is Y corp rivals . Or killing someone who worked for X , and so on .

why is Violence and Mayhem the only thing on peoples minds...
because thats the world we are playing in , rules . The rules of each world is set . It give you freedom to do some stuff , but generally..the angrier and messed up the world is..the most obvious solution to that is shooting first .

why can't we use Seduction and Fame, or well yah become so famous we can get into the Elites, while also being a deadly shooter... or move from the BLOOD LUSTING Street Urchin, to a graceful flower.... With thorns.
we can't , because for obvious reasons . One is : it's the Dev decision . Two: it,s inspired from a book (or whatever) so the game is already taking inspiration from something that has been made . I never played the books , but maybe in there you have more freedom then in cyberpunk . (maybe you should investigate that ?) .

and Three: its story heavy . And cose of that , we already have the Label of a Merc . So we already have a Job .

= Day Job =
- (insert) Model
The only way I could see these 'Job' work , is by a miracle they did something like in DAO . Meaning an Origin that you choose from the beginning . So kinda like that mod in Skyrim where you have a different beginning ? (hey maybe you could request it as a mod ?) . And that would require alot of work , because then they have to change every dialogue line to fit every background (bouncer for exemple will react differently then say an entrainer and will have different goals and aim) .

anyway , these are just my opinion .

Say I wanted to... you know.... Get Street Cred.... by Different Means... instead of Going around "FIXING" the problems of people we really have no Business Fixing problems for... why should it be our job to fix other peoples problems, what if V wants to walk a different path?
OR Instead of "Fixing" problems through Violence, Raise up to the top of Fame and Stardom... through other means. Like Say Modeling or what not... Very very Loosely used "What Not"

I guess what I should be saying is, why is Violence and Mayhem the only thing on peoples minds... why can't we use Seduction and Fame, or well yah become so famous we can get into the Elites, while also being a deadly shooter... or move from the BLOOD LUSTING Street Urchin, to a graceful flower.... With thorns.

Most games I always see... it is ether All performance and class with no guns and violence, or all guns and violence with out class and performance.... I think Bayonetta had the best mix of the two.

Take a look at how this game plays... so far...
- V goes in saves a girl... played out like I thought it would for such a situation...
- V then goes home gets up, has a nice partner...
- then V does her morning things and gets a job... from what I can guess is a Big PLAYER, who is working on behalf of another BIGGER PLAYER *Record Screech*

Ok right here.... Can we please be allowed to choose from jobs other than the Puppet and Grunt of Corporations, and Gunge Job worker?
= Day Job =
- (insert) Model

= Night Job =
- Whatever V does normally.
- Working to bring down all the corporations or bring them to their knees.
-- This job might also work into the day Job... by rising up becoming so famous you get into such places.
- Night City Domination.... Then... The world... :3 because people like the idea.
- Sleeping... being inside safe and sound.

Now all of these could work in the game... maybe.... I hope.
Maybe getting Kidnapped by some Infamous organization and instead of being bailed out, you find your big break... or escape on your own... I can tell in CP:2077 you are no one in distress.

World Famous Models, Actors, and Designers have lots of pull too.... just an Idea from me... about doing something besides whatever the NORMAL GRUNGE is ;3

Maybe Make it a Expansion or DLC of some kind.... call it "Another Life, or Lifestyle Alter" (Yes it sucks I know Y.Y)

Personally if I had a vote to give you'd have mine in as far as implementing some of your idea's into the game and I think it could really flesh out the world even more so. I too would like to lose myself in Night City in other ways than simply blowing people's limbs off with guns. I find much of the gaming industry too focused on providing a casual experience for the average players and rarely going that extra mile to bring the game world to life but that is something CDPR is good at.

I'm not sure what we can expect but I like your way of thinking.

AlexiaRevan.... I don't know Cyberpunk world well

Gillian_Seed
You get what I am saying :3 thank you
Hugmeee.gif

Attachments

• Hugmeee.gif
    Hugmeee.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 44
AlexiaRevan.... I don't know Cyberpunk world well

Gillian_Seed
You get what I am saying :3 thank you
View attachment 10975910

Thanks for sharing your ideas, you've got a creative mind and that's good for well almost anything in my opinion. I was never able to play the tabletop game myself but I learned a lot about the game and it's lore from a YouTuber named Mad Queen who has an excellent channel that is very much worth checking out if you're interested in learning more about the universe that the game will be based in.

Mad Queens YouTube channel

I would enjoy having a profession, or just have more casual things in Night City I could do. Compare it to Skyrim were you could decide to go out and hunt, or chop wood, and sell it. Or make potions and sell that. Thus you could in a way have a profession. Mods of course expanded on this concept. I doubt it's in and I doubt the devs will ever give us a chance outside of missions. But it would be interesting to say, be a cop. Work a crime scene, solve cases.

We don't really know what choices Cyberpunk will give us. Let's be honest, First "Witcher 3" gameplay reveal never got into official game, so...
Besides this brings me The Sims in mind & that's not good. V is Cyberpunk, fighting against the system (or she could join Corpo to keep that system), being hired mercenary.
Witcher 3 had big range of different side quests, I think Cyberpunk 2077 won't disappoint us in that manner.
Speaking about that other stuff, maybe we got to do it inside the game, but why I think it would be bad idea to give us that huuuuuge range of things that could bring us fame? (like modeling, being bouncer or singer)

STORY

This is the thing why we get 3 main classes (other classes bring us perks too, but not as big ammount as that 3 main). This is the thing that make you hired mercenary, rather than model or singer. It's like Mount & Blade, you've so many things to do that story break up. With specific playstyle/gameplay & forcing V into mercenary path, they can truly focus on bringing us solid story, without worrying about stuff like "We can't make this happen, what if Ravonies played as a model"
I hope you'll understand what I tried to tell because my english is pretty random.
There's still chance for people like you, if the game turns out to be a success, with proper modding support you'll get to see stuff like that in the game

first , I think the word 'Fixer' in cyberpunk is probably the same 'Fixer' used in the shadowrun realm . Meaning , that word 'Fixer' doesn't mean you go fix peoples problem . Oh hell no! 'Fixer' is used to say 'The person who give you a job , who find you client and you go trough the fixer and he take a cut from your paycheck , cose he found the client' . In shadowrun thats what a fixer was . And every shadowrunner was someone without ID (Or SIN) , and it was illegal and most of them (if not all of them) where criminals working against or around the Laws .

Actually Fixer is also a real world job. For example the fixer is the one who will introduce a journalist to dangerous peoples such as a terrorist group so he can do his journalist job.
Post automatically merged:

we can't , because for obvious reasons . One is : it's the Dev decision . Two: it,s inspired from a book (or whatever) so the game is already taking inspiration from something that has been made . I never played the books , but maybe in there you have more freedom then in cyberpunk . (maybe you should investigate that ?) .

Actually the books had other roles for that:
eh159k8nwe411.png

Actually Fixer is also a real world job. For example the fixer is the one who will introduce a journalist to dangerous peoples such as a terrorist group so he can do his journalist job.
Post automatically merged:

Actually the books had other roles for that:
View attachment 10975961
yeah I saw that in another thread (was it you ?) , it's a shame these aren't background we can choose .

Top Bottom