can we have longswords as well?

+

Guest 3842833

In Cyberpunk you can apparently get swords but these tend to be katanas and ninja swords. What about western swords? Like the ones in The Witcher. I'd love to see a futuristic interpretation of these type of weapons.

In theory nanowire seems a bit more effective than any normal blade could ever be.
Given the choice, I choose plasma over metal.

If melee is a buildable skill, a wide selection would be necessary.

Although not bladed, I would like to dual wield powered escrima sticks/batons.

I think the reason for Katanas is because Night City has taken and blended a lot of cultural elements from Asia generally and Japan specifically. If you wanted a sword in the style of a European longsword (probably actually bastard sword, to be technical) or arming sword you would have to get it commissioned. Given that forging swords is a specific art, I doubt that even higher end weapons dealers in Night City will offer this service.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a Witcher-esque sword as an Easter egg, though this is obviously far from certain.

Damn. I hate melee weapons in futuristic setting. People are using guns for a reason. Katanas are cool, though :) Also, katanas are considered super swords (wrongly) so they are a must have for an aspiring cyberpunk. Morgan Blackhand once said "10mm always defeats Kung-Fu" The same goes for swordplay. However, we've already seen i Deep Dive that a hammer is as mighty as '50 revolver :)
And there is also a reason why no one is using revolvers outside the range :) Even hammers beats them ;)

Damn. I hate melee weapons in futuristic setting. People are using guns for a reason. Katanas are cool, though :) Also, katanas are considered super swords (wrongly) so they are a must have for an aspiring cyberpunk. Morgan Blackhand once said "10mm always defeats Kung-Fu" The same goes for swordplay. However, we've already seen i Deep Dive that a hammer is as mighty as '50 revolver :)
And there is also a reason why no one is using revolvers outside the range :) Even hammers beats them ;)

That was in the deadly Cyberpunk 2020. In Cyberpunk 2077 where you play Terminator physic laws aren't the same.

Not to mention the magnetic bullet shield available on the katana (in a different thread)...which is strange, because most projectiles are made from copper and lead, both nonferrous metals. :shrug:

Given the location of the setting I wouldnt rule it out as impossible but I suspect it will be in one of the free dlc packs that come out rather than right at first

Top Bottom