Can we please get the old clothing stores back?

+
It's way too hard to find certain items of clothing now. I've been farming Wraiths to get the Extra-Cotton Utility Pants for over 8 hours now. But still nothing. And even if I do eventually find it I still have to hunt down the jacket as well. :eek:

Please revert the stores back CDPR. I want to get this outfit again on my new playthrough. :(

1666042339108.png
1666042376567.png

I was about to make a similar thread!

Something seems very wrong with vendor inventories, as well as loot drops and crafting specs. It could simply be bad RNG on my part, but I've spent a good few hours when I could be playing waiting 24 hours and re-checking every single clothing store in the game in order to find a simple, black leather jacket which were easy to find up until 1.6. Other items like Pozer jackets, Old Tyger Claws Motorcycle Jacket and various utility pants (which I need for Nomad characters) have just disappeared too. Not only this, vendor inventories are pathetically small now, like 2 or 3 rows in some cases, and 24 hour wait barely shuffles their stock.

In a lot of respects it feels like the game has been taken back to its early release in regards to finding these items.

In regards to loot; my game keeps throwing the same crap at me: Border Guard Multilayer Aramid Vests and Oxy Booster crafting specs. No Armadillo mods after 50+ hours and two cleared districts but I have enough Oxy Booster specs to build a house with.

Like I say, could be bad RNG but I think this update borked something. This random store item system has been a frustrating chore to deal with since day one and needs a rework.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
The availability of clothes depends on the vendor. For example: if you're into corp chic, you'll most likely find what you're looking for at Jinguji in Downtown. Make sure to check various stores - each of them now sells stuff that fits their regular clientele.

This feature has been initially introduced in Patch 1.2, when we adapted vendors' inventory to fit the general location and updated in Patch 1.6, where we went a step further and made sure each store has inventory appropriate to its particular theme.

The availability of clothes depends on the vendor. For example: if you're into corp chic, you'll most likely find what you're looking for at Jinguji in Downtown. Make sure to check various stores - each of them now sells stuff that fits their regular clientele.

This feature has been initially introduced in Patch 1.2, when we adapted vendors' inventory to fit the general location and updated in Patch 1.6, where we went a step further and made sure each store has inventory appropriate to its particular theme.
I have noticed that and it's much appreciated, however I am finding that certain items don't seem to be available at all, even from appropriate vendors. The clothes shop in the Trailer Park for example on seems to sell shorts or cutoffs now, and I'm yet to see a single set of Utility Pants (or Nomad trousers in general) from there.

But as I say, could just be bad RNG for me. Waiting over and over for an item drop does hit immersion a bit.

That's a great idea and I completely support it but unfortunately its execution has meant vendors are still missing HEAPS of clothing items.

The devs must be aware of this right?
Post automatically merged:

In regards to loot; my game keeps throwing the same crap at me: Border Guard Multilayer Aramid Vests and Oxy Booster crafting specs.

Ooft, agreed, the loot is profoundly repetitive. If I had a penny for every border guard vest...

Last edited:
My favorite legs equipment Duolayer tacticloth straightcuts for a nomad outfit was only available at the trailer park vendor (Badlands), but I couldn't find it there anymore. Also no luck with other vendors for now.
Also, some vendors have a minimal amount of items after the update. I don't see the point of not having more available items at once. Skipping time to refresh the shop is not really immersive. For example, I received almost at once all messages that River was supposed to send over the next 2 ingame weeks.

My favorite legs equipment Duolayer tacticloth straightcuts for a nomad outfit was only available at the trailer park vendor (Badlands), but I couldn't find it there anymore. Also no luck with other vendors for now.
Also, some vendors have a minimal amount of items after the update. I don't see the point of not having more available items at once. Skipping time to refresh the shop is not really immersive. For example, I received almost at once all messages that River was supposed to send over the next 2 ingame weeks.

Same with me. The Wraiths Extra-Cotton Utility Pants use to be at the trailer park vendor as well (in addition to many other Nomad/Wraith themed clothing). Now, I haven't found anything beyond shorts and tank-tops for the most part.

20221022135029_1.jpg

I've been to almost every clothes shop and am yet to find any Epic or Legendary gear for sale, my character is in the mid 20's level, Before 1.6 most stores have epic and legendary items. I only want them for the mod slots.

I've been to almost every shop I can find, I have the piggyback map. I have never seen a clothing crafting spec for any clothing at a vendor either, or in fact anywhere else. It's like they disappeared off the face of the earth.

All I have are the ones you get for levelling crafting and the ones Vic gives you that upgrade to legendary when you upgrade them 12 times, except when you put them is the stash at level 5 and take them out at 23 you can only upgrade them once. You have to carry them around so you can upgrade them.

What you also did was remove all clothing mods from the vendors too. I used to put two immunity mods (coolit and another) in the pants slots now I cannot find the mod themselves anywhere and have to use the perk versions or the shoulder cyberware that use up the slots.

I've been to almost every clothes shop and am yet to find any Epic or Legendary gear for sale, my character is in the mid 20's level, Before 1.6 most stores have epic and legendary items. I only want them for the mod slots.
I can't recall exactly, but I saw Epic gear appearing when I was level 35 and over, will double check for Legendary stuff, but I believe rarity availability is now dependent on player level and/or Street Cred.

I've been to almost every shop I can find, I have the piggyback map. I have never seen a clothing crafting spec for any clothing at a vendor either, or in fact anywhere else. It's like they disappeared off the face of the earth.
All clothing crafting specs have definitely been removed from vendors, I am also yet to find a single clothing crafting spec from Gig/Scanner Hustles or anywhere in the game world either. Maybe they're waiting in a mission I just haven't done yet, but I doubt it.

I can't recall exactly, but I saw Epic gear appearing when I was level 35 and over, will double check for Legendary stuff, but I believe rarity availability is now dependent on player level and/or Street Cred.
Below level 35, no epic clothes will spawn in shop. And it doesn't change in 1.6 :)
Before, there are the legendary items, which are no longer there. But epic, always start spanwing around level 35+.

What you also did was remove all clothing mods from the vendors too. I used to put two immunity mods (coolit and another) in the pants slots now I cannot find the mod themselves anywhere and have to use the perk versions or the shoulder cyberware that use up the slots.
Until now (level 35) I found mods like cool it and cut it out (immune against bleeding) only attached to clothes. I invested in the perk that removes the mods when disassembling clothes. I guess the general idea of the changes is that people rely mostly on attributes and perks.

Below level 35, no epic clothes will spawn in shop. And it doesn't change in 1.6

I used to have them all the time pre-1.6 at low level, legendary clothes too. I have checked with a level 50 and 50 SC and can only find Epic clothes at Avante and Jinguji near corpo plaza, I went to 3 or 4 other shops and didn't find any legendary clothes only epic. The only legendary clothes I have are ones I picked up before 1.6 or the ones I can make.

I still can't find any immunity clothing mods anywhere. I have found most of the ones like Armadillo. The two perks I always get as soon as I can are getting the mods when disassembling and the one for carrying more stuff.

I used to have them all the time pre-1.6 at low level, legendary clothes too. I have checked with a level 50 and 50 SC and can only find Epic clothes at Avante and Jinguji near corpo plaza, I went to 3 or 4 other shops and didn't find any legendary clothes only epic. The only legendary clothes I have are ones I picked up before 1.6 or the ones I can make.
Legendary clothes (like the mods) were removed from all shops (and before 1.6, they were always available whatever your level).
But I'm confident that items in shops have a chance to spawn in epic, only if you are level 35 or above (rare items > level 15/20 and above). And I say "I'm confident", mainly because since release, I always waited to be level 35 or higher to buy my favorite clothes in shops (useless now^^)

So if you are below level 35, no chance to see a single epic clothes in the shops ;)

Legendary clothes (like the mods) were removed from all shops (and before 1.6, they were always available whatever your level).
But I'm confident that items in shops have a chance to spawn in epic, only if you are level 35 or above (rare items > level 15/20 and above). And I say "I'm confident", mainly because since release, I always waited to be level 35 or higher to buy my favorite clothes in shops (useless now^^)

So if you are below level 35, no chance to see a single epic clothes in the shops ;)
New gameplay after 1.6, it happens to see epic in the shops below level 35, but not that often. This is on PC.
1666635702009.png

New gameplay after 1.6, it happens to see epic in the shops below level 35, but not that often. This is on PC.
View attachment 11326175
Ok, but rare and I don't think it's possible at level 20.
Anyway, not be able to buy/find epic clothes in shop at low level is not a new in 1.6, it's like that since ever (at least as far as I can remember^^). I remember to skip time for ages to make my favorite jacket spawn in epic at level 35-40 :)

Ok, but rare and I don't think it's possible at level 20.
Anyway, not be able to buy/find epic clothes in shop at low level is not a new in 1.6, it's like that since ever (at least as far as I can remember^^). I remember to skip time for ages to make my favorite jacket spawn in epic at level 35-40 :)
The pair of shorts is epic and at level 30 after 10 times skipping time, not amazing anyway :giveup: But there is enough chance for epic and legendary loot from boxes and enemies, so it is not that bad.

But there is enough chance for epic and legendary loot from boxes and enemies, so it is not that bad.
I think, now in 1.6, the only purpose of shops it's to find clothes for your wardrobe. So I think, it would be great to remove all the randomization (which serve no purpose now...) and make all clothes always available, even if it's only in low rarity.

Anyway, not be able to buy/find epic clothes in shop at low level is not a new in 1.6
It most absolutely is new for 1.6 I am 100% sure of that. During 1.52 I could find legendaries all over the place, guns and clothes. now you only find legendary guns. You could buy them from the clothiers near the med center transport in Watson, there was an ugly jacket, boots, glasses and pants that were legendary you could buy there.

I found a clothier actually selling guns, one of the corpo ones, and it wasn't me selling them before hand.

I think, now in 1.6, the only purpose of shops it's to find clothes for your wardrobe.
Unless you actually want more than one slot in an item. I've been going to the hidden gems to get legendary clothing for more slots, like the one above the entrance to jig-jig street, go down the first alley to the left and start climbing.

I bought this map to find them, the free version doesn't give hidden gems. You get it free with the piggyback guide.

Top Bottom