Can we please get the old clothing stores back?

+
It most absolutely is new for 1.6 I am 100% sure of that. During 1.52 I could find legendaries all over the place, guns and clothes.
All legendary clothes and mods were (intentionally) removed in 1.6 which is new, for sure :)
Legendary clothes (like the mods) were removed from all shops (and before 1.6, they were always available whatever your level).
I talk only about "leveled" epic items which didn't change at all. So it's not surprising and not "new" that you can't find (or at least hard to find) any epic clothes in shop at level 20-25.
I bought this map to find them, the free version doesn't give hidden gems. You get it free with the piggyback guide.
Thanks, but I don't need a map. I have enough play time to know where most of legendary set are :)

Last edited:
They get rid of legendaries at vendors because they made crafting nearly useless, between the armadillo and mod slots nerfs it was less interesting to invest in crafting, so they did that change to make crafting more appealing...

CP77's crafting is Skyrim's crafting system with a cyberpunk skin, Skyrim's crafting has been heavily criticized, because it broke the game's economy, makes loot pointless (especially if you don't create any interesting loot, like CP77), breaks immersion (crafting 1000 iron daggers in front of a forge, so interesting...and suddenly you were able to craft dragon armor, makes no sense at all).

I don't know why people keep asking for crafting system in RPGs, it's always shit.

Last edited:
I've been farming Wraiths to get the Extra-Cotton Utility Pants for over 8 hours now. But still nothing.
I have no idea if this is a guaranteed drop, but I just found a pair in a locker in the barn at the end of River's mission The Hunt.
I remember this locker prior to 1.6 having a fairly good chance to drop rare clothes like jackets too.

25-10-2022_14-59-21-4z032rdx.jpg

The options are so limited! I went to my two favorite clothing stores and both had few options. Neither of them had anything I truly wanted. What would be cool is if you could change color of items. Now that would help immensely. But also having more clothes available in stores would be cool too.

I'll check it out, thanks. Can you get into that place before River's mission?
I went to see because I didn't loot this container and impossible to enter after the quest, so I doubt you can enter before.
But if you want "cargo pants" or "working pants", it's now in Pacifica (I didn't skip time, it's the first visit) ;)
26-10-2022_05-57-14-1uvfzpn4.jpeg26-10-2022_05-57-25-vpqawash.jpeg

I went to see because I didn't loot this container and impossible to enter after the quest, so I doubt you can enter before.
But if you want "cargo pants" or "working pants", it's now in Pacifica (I didn't skip time, it's the first visit) ;)
View attachment 11326445View attachment 11326448

The problem is getting specific items though. In this case @Agent-Chieftain wants the "Wraith's Extra-Cotton Utility Pants". Unfortunately it's the same problem with several other items.

The options are so limited! I went to my two favorite clothing stores and both had few options. Neither of them had anything I truly wanted. What would be cool is if you could change color of items. Now that would help immensely. But also having more clothes available in stores would be cool too.
Moving time 24 hours doesnt refresh the inventory anymore? It worked for me i believe. So i get your point, but you can always refresh while watching some tv show or videos..

Last edited:
The problem is getting specific items though. In this case @Agent-Chieftain wants the "Wraith's Extra-Cotton Utility Pants". Unfortunately it's the same problem with several other items.
Right, I just tried to skip time maybe twenty times, and it doesn't spawn :(
I don't know what they did with clothes shops, but it not just "reorganize", there are clothes which are no longer available anywhere (when it was possible to find them before, with a bit of luck...).
It would be a good idea to seriously take a look to make all clothes available somewhere (and remove randomization, which is useless now...)

It does, but all vendors now offer a much reduced range, with some items (even those appropriate to district) seemingly missing from the game altogether.
In fact if you take a look to my wardrobe (which I think contain a majority of clothes, not all for sure^^), I'm quite confident that less than 20/30% are available in shops. All the rest can be obtain only with loot...

Unless it changed in 1.6, container entities don't randomize item type
I have no idea if this is a guaranteed drop, but I just found a pair in a locker in the barn at the end of River's mission The Hunt.
I remember this locker prior to 1.6 having a fairly good chance to drop rare clothes like jackets too.

View attachment 11326358

I'm not sure how container entities work anymore since Entity Inspector became defunct. they used to not randomize item type at all but now it seems to be different. These shots are taken on the same character but at 2 different times - at level 39 and at level 50:

Corpse loot seems to be generated the same way as before. Gamepuppets with lootable corpses have items generated pseudo randomly from a themed dropbag. Think of these as loot tables.

For example, The maelstrom dropbag is assigned to maelstrom enemies and it contains a bunch of black biker type garments. The dropbag is padded out with a bunch of junk and consumables too.

The items you get are determined by a random seed whose state = world coordinates of the gamepuppet at the moment of death. So if you are looking for a very specific item in the wraith dropbag, you go out into the badlands, find a bunch of wraiths, save game state and then let them move around and kill them at different world coordinates. Load game state if you don't like the loot you get. If you kill an enemy at exactly the same world coordinates, they will always drop the same loot over and over, although not necessarily of the same quality level.

Item quality level is pseudo-randomly determined but using a different method. I don't know what the method is though. The relative percentages skew towards epic the closer to level 50 you are. I'm not aware of any non-boss corpses that can drop legendary items. I think if your character level can be higher than 50 then the drop chance will scale to a point where there is a non zero probability of legendary loot dropping on non-boss corpses though.

In fact if you take a look to my wardrobe (which I think contain a majority of clothes, not all for sure^^), I'm quite confident that less than 20/30% are available in shops. All the rest can be obtain only with loot...
Yeah, looking here, I estimate there’s around 350/400-ish outer torso items in total? You’ve got just under 300?

Add that on top of all the other clothing items and it kinda makes you realise just how lucky you have to be to get non-shop items via random loot :giveup:

Btw, I’m very sad you couldn’t find two of my favourite puffer vests :( (Final Impulse duolayer puffer vest & JSHLX reinforced puffer vest)
Post automatically merged:

Unless it changed in 1.6, container entities don't randomize item type

I'm not sure how container entities work anymore since Entity Inspector became defunct. they used to not randomize item type at all but now it seems to be different. These shots are taken on the same character but at 2 different times - at level 39 and at level 50:

Corpse loot seems to be generated the same way as before. Gamepuppets with lootable corpses have items generated pseudo randomly from a themed dropbag. Think of these as loot tables.

For example, The maelstrom dropbag is assigned to maelstrom enemies and it contains a bunch of black biker type garments. The dropbag is padded out with a bunch of junk and consumables too.

The items you get are determined by a random seed whose state = world coordinates of the gamepuppet at the moment of death. So if you are looking for a very specific item in the wraith dropbag, you go out into the badlands, find a bunch of wraiths, save game state and then let them move around and kill them at different world coordinates. Load game state if you don't like the loot you get. If you kill an enemy at exactly the same world coordinates, they will always drop the same loot over and over, although not necessarily of the same quality level.

Item quality level is pseudo-randomly determined but using a different method. I don't know what the method is though. The relative percentages skew towards epic the closer to level 50 you are. I'm not aware of any non-boss corpses that can drop legendary items. I think if your character level can be higher than 50 then the drop chance will scale to a point where there is a non zero probability of legendary loot dropping on non-boss corpses though.

Thank you for the insight - I was wondering why this happened! I don’t know if it’s true post 1.6, but I remember mercenaries (and maybe veteran guard?) had the most eclectic “dropbags” but save-scumming and getting them to fall in different places was utterly tedious and time-consuming.

Last edited:
Yeah, looking here, I estimate there’s around 350/400-ish outer torso items in total? You’ve got just under 300?

Add that on top of all the other clothing items and it kinda makes you realise just how lucky you have to be to get non-shop items via random loot :giveup:

Btw, I’m very sad you couldn’t find two of my favourite puffer vests :( (Final Impulse duolayer puffer vest & JSHLX reinforced puffer vest)
I could be wrong, but it shouldn't be too difficult for CDPR to take the full list of clothes, divide this list between all the shops and remove the spawn randomization (at worse, let the randomization on rarity, knowing for wardrobe, rarity doesn't matter and it's even better if it's the lowest one because it cost less^^).
From memories, since 1.5, in this kind of container (in quest/GIG/Scanner Huslter), clothes are random, weapons are "generally" not.
(For example, during "Disaster Piece", the container in the middle of the scavs hideout will always contain a M-179e Achilles, but during "PsychoFan" GIG, the container will contain a random piece of clothe)

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but it shouldn't be too difficult for CDPR to take the full list of clothes, divide this list between all the shops and remove the spawn randomization (at worse, let the randomization on rarity, knowing for wardrobe, rarity doesn't matter and it's even better if it's the lowest one because it cost less^^).
I really, really hope they do something like this. For a game that emphasizes making your character look how you want, the current system is sorely lacking. There's literally thousands of items of clothing in the game files and obtaining them can potentially be as frustrating as grinding for something in an MMO. There really is no need for it to be so random.

The current Wardrobe/transmog is nice but I really haven't found any clothes to actually use with it, and with the removal of clothing crafting specs, the perks that grant extra armour to crafted clothes is practically redundant. I'm almost finished with my 1.6 playthrough and haven't found any except the craftable clothes that get added automatically for levelling up Crafting.

Perhaps a quick fix could be a system where V can browse/purchase clothes from a complete catalogue at their computer in their apartment (perhaps the selection can be limited dependent on Street Cred/player level or maybe select ranges can be bought at appropriate vendors); could work similar to buying the apartment colour schemes, after which you receive the clothing item to use with your Wardrobe, or perhaps this could even be done with crafting specs.

Moving time 24 hours doesnt refresh the inventory anymore? It worked for me i believe. So i get your point, but you can always refresh while watching some tv show or videos..
I hadn't checked. Probably does but I didn't try that. I had switched characters not long after.

Yes please, I'm tired of looking like a vagabond gypsy compiling an outfit that does not math or at least with the complete Legendary out fits that you can find for free stop making their stats random and at least scale to level if you didn't like people using the save then look and rinse/repeat until you get stats you wanted.
Post automatically merged:

The availability of clothes depends on the vendor. For example: if you're into corp chic, you'll most likely find what you're looking for at Jinguji in Downtown. Make sure to check various stores - each of them now sells stuff that fits their regular clientele.

This feature has been initially introduced in Patch 1.2, when we adapted vendors' inventory to fit the general location and updated in Patch 1.6, where we went a step further and made sure each store has inventory appropriate to its particular theme.
Is that the one with the bill board ad of the attractive women corpse on it that had the slogan at least you were wearing Jinguji. I LOLed at that one hard.

Top Bottom