Can we please Nerf Sniper Rifles?

+
can we please nerf Sniper Rifles?
like really nerf them. like cut their headshot & critical damage at least about 66%

even the cheapest 150 DPS Rifle is the best and also most boring Meta for everything.
why buy or build a legendary weapon if a common grey Sniper Rifle deals 10 times more damage than needed to kill every enemy in town?

combined with the right mods & perks you can make enemies visible thru walls and shoot them in the head from like about the other side of town.
its crazy. and boring.

so you really think its a good idea to make a 250 DPS weapon deal 20,000 Damage and also make it possible to shoot thru like 6 walls in the head of a guy that is already marked by your cyberware?

i tell you how every fight works in town:
stand on a bridge > shoot in the head of 10 enemies that are like one mile away and behind 200 walls > profit!!???!

Guest 4564903

No way, none of the weapons need messing with.

If one is bored with just shooting enemies from a distance through walls then change things up and don't ruin the weapons for other people. There are so many ways to approach a mission with so many different weapons to use and hacks, this is a great aspect which a lot of games don't allow.

Luckily I don't think CDPR have the time or inclination to bother with this and that's a good thing.

okay how about this, if we dont nerf them, make it cost more to use them.
enemies marked thru walls is a passive, cheap, very early game mechanics.

its just way too easy to deal this amount of damage with some kind of x-ray-view this early in the game.
or make the Sniper Rifles single bullet weapons that needs to be reloaded after every shoot. cause right now the slow reload time is the only negative thing about those weapons. or disable the the marked enemy feature if you aim down thru a scope. this would probably the best solution. remove the x-ray-view thru sniper scopes.

Guest 4564903

I think if anyone feels the game is too easy then use these mods. I use all three playing with different combinations on very hard and its a challenge. With these you will be glad that the sniper rifles are the way they are.

Even without I see no need to change anything about any weapon, we have the Division and Outriders for devs messing with that kind of stuff and ruining things.

i always play vanilla. i even played 3000 hours of Payday 2 totally vanilla.
the only games i use Mods for is Master of Orion 3 and the Master of Orion Reboot.

okay how about this, if we dont nerf them, make it cost more to use them.
enemies marked thru walls is a passive, cheap, very early game mechanics.

its just way too easy to deal this amount of damage with some kind of x-ray-view this early in the game.
or make the Sniper Rifles single bullet weapons that needs to be reloaded after every shoot. cause right now the slow reload time is the only negative thing about those weapons. or disable the the marked enemy feature if you aim down thru a scope. this would probably the best solution. remove the x-ray-view thru sniper scopes.
I personally think that with a max cartridge of 4 shots, and Ashura already being a 1 shot the ammo capacity is small enough as it is.

With regards of the marking of enemies I would be okay with this being either an upgrade to a scope or to Kiroshi's or both as viable option. Or lock the perk behind a higher attribute cap so its not available as quickly.
Post automatically merged:

i always play vanilla. i even played 3000 hours of Payday 2 totally vanilla.
the only games i use Mods for is Master of Orion 3 and the Master of Orion Reboot.
With MoO, you mean the WG Labs one?

I personally think that with a max cartridge of 4 shots, and Ashura already being a 1 shot the ammo capacity is small enough as it is.

With regards of the marking of enemies I would be okay with this being either an upgrade to a scope or to Kiroshi's or both as viable option. Or lock the perk behind a higher attribute cap so its not available as quickly.
Post automatically merged:

With MoO, you mean the WG Labs one?

yes. MoO2 needs no mods. but MoO3 and the WG Labs Reboot do need them to make them even playable.

yes. MoO2 needs no mods. but MoO3 and the WG Labs Reboot do need them to make them even playable.
Slight bit of a side track this. But yeah I've got the reboot an made some mods for it.

Anywho. Back to the topic at hand ;)
Seems like many like the snipers in this game a lot, and I cannot disagree.

Slight bit of a side track this. But yeah I've got the reboot an made some mods for it.

Anywho. Back to the topic at hand ;)
Seems like many like the snipers in this game a lot, and I cannot disagree.
thats the point. too many people like it cause its the meta. it renders every other weapon totally obsolete. thats why it needs to be nerfed.

what mods you made for MoO?

thats the point. too many people like it cause its the meta. it renders every other weapon totally obsolete. thats why it needs to be nerfed.

what mods you made for MoO?

Meta only matters in a game that has multiplayer. If you don’t want to use snipers, don’t use them? That’s the greatness of single player games - you don’t need to keep up with an ever evolving meta.

Top Bottom