Can we please PLEASE turn off that truck horn?

+
I don't know if this is for just me or everyone but but after several play throughs I have had enough. During the mission "With a Little Help from my Friends," the horn from that friggin' truck that has the Bassilisk keeps blowing and blowing and blowning. I don't know if this is done in the name of immersion, but I assure you that it is annoying as hell. Please, PLEASE make it stop or at least make it viable to shoot in the came to make the goddamned thing shut up.

Sorry for the harsh tone but at 2:00 AM it is insanely loud and long and pissing me off.

This goes on and on after the thing starts honking after and/or during when you fight the Militech npcs then continues all the way though the drive to the Aldacado's camp and stays blaring through the entire dialogue and the rest of the mission.

Please?

Last edited:
Happening for me on Series X too.

I hate that horn, a few patches ago (1.2, 3?) after the mission The Pickup the trucks that normally drive through Northside were still flagged to be able to drive through the road outside All Foods, but were unable to pass the Militech AVs etc. and so my immersion/conversations with Jackie & Meredith Stout were constantly interrupted by bwaaaaaaaaaaam!

From memories this annoying bug appeared in 1.5 (or even 1.52) and is present on all platforms, so I'm convinved that it will be fix in the next update :)
But to be sure (like always^^) :

Yeah pretty annoying. Happens now and then when driving trough Night City. It will surely get fixed

Forum regular
its not just you. it happened a few times also during roaming on the map. but it happened to me every time during this mission.

Happens to me too now and then. If I have work in the surrounding area I simply hijack the truck and leaves it again immediately. If I feel like a nice guy I first move it to the side so other cars are not blocked.

The first time I heard it whilst cruising NC it was so obnoxious that I actually found myself getting angry at the NPC truck driver / pretty immersive I have to say when comparable to real world traffic annoyances…!

However it got old very quickly and I do agree with OP, it needs to change.

I think the NPC reaction to traffic obstructions like this should stay, but maybe lower the volume of it and also the duration. A few initial punches on the horn and then maybe the NPC either A) Aggressive - Rams past you B) Submissive - Sits patiently and quietly.
Post automatically merged:

Happens to me too now and then. If I have work in the surrounding area I simply hijack the truck and leaves it again immediately. If I feel like a nice guy I first move it to the side so other cars are not blocked.
You sir/madam are one helpful citizen!

Top Bottom