Can we please stop the 'it was promised' nonsense?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How to heck could any company be accountable for something like this? People making stuff up and not following official channels?

And majority of what? Most people didn't refund.
News flash, most companies are not held accountable. If it were my guess, people bought game, played and didnt like and didnt bothered to refund it. To my knowledge there was never a game where refunds outweighted sales regardless of games state

Yes, because Enderal is being ported into Skyrim SE, news of this came out last week. Witcher 3 is still being played as well, just a few below. Both are well above the next-highest Bethsoft SP game, FO 4.

So by your logic, CDPR is doing better than Bethesda overall. And they are.

Considering I wasn't making a point about a CDPR V Bethesda competition, it's not by my logic at all. My only point is CP77 = ded gaem that's being beaten by an ancient RPG. And there it is.

I woud say that CDP went too far with marketing and it backfired so I understand a bit of frustration from people who waited so long. I`m extremely happy with this game but I`m not an average gamer (didnt played anything for couple years).

Still, I find if quite funny that people go so viral and angry over a product that cost them by average 50EUR, while they also had an option to refund. I pay way more per year for books, movies or hardware which doesnt meet my expectation and I dont storm anyones board with complains.
Most people didn't really have an option to get a refund. And the more serious game-breaking bugs might not be apparent soon. I was disappointed in the game relative to the hype, but still had a blast initially. Then, around level 40, I got hit by quickhack access point bug that shafted by character plans. Delete. Next character, around a similar level I got hit by corrupted save games (for doing normal crafting and not the duping exploits CDPR blamed). Delete. Last character, around level 35 I realized I was hit with a bug that made my weapons not get any critical chance/damage modifiers. Three game-braking bugs in a row. I also realized the combat is incredibly poorly balanced if you're over- leveled, my last character wasn't really challenged once at VERY HARD even using "nerfed" weapons. Then I began thinking, is this just shitty game design/balancing or yet another bug? Delete and uninstall.

Over a 100 hour wasted. No chance to be reimbursed. I'm also a casual player, and very rarely find motivation to pick up a game once its shelved. Kind of feel like CDPR not only stole my money, they stole my time too.

So why Cyberpunk is dead in your opinion, when people still playing it? Please explain.
Because like I already said. There are currently more people playing an ancient 10 year old RPG than this massively hyped product that only came out a few weeks ago.

BOOM! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Because like I already said. There are currently more people playing an ancient 10 year old RPG than this massively hyped product that only came out a few weeks ago.

That's your opinion :shrug: You act like you won some argument, lol.

I followed cyberpunk since the first teaser trailer. I even prepurchased the game when prepurchasing was available.
Joining gangs was never a part of the original design. CDPR even stated that it will not be possible.

Delays mostly hint at the removal of content from the game. When a game is delayed I know that some quests will have plot holes, other quests will be removed, and the pacing will be different than planned. It happened in all of CDPR's previous games (Dol Blathana in the witcher 2, the attack of Novigrad in the witcher 3. Can't recall what was removed in the witcher 1).
I enjoy Cyberpunk for what it is, a flawed masterpiece.

Last edited:

False assertion. You have no idea of the playerbase on GOG accounts, Epic store or even retail since this game has no DRM or online requirement, nor how many are actually active on either console. Steam numbers are not an absolute.

Lats use your logic.

Elder Scrolls Online has about 33,000 active players. The game was released in 2014
WOW has about 5.4 million players. The game was released in 2004
Runscape has about 14 million players. The game was released in 2001.

Are those numbers say anything about the quality of the games?
Post automatically merged:

Update - on Steam, CP77 currently has less players than Farming Simulator 19. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
and cyberpunk has more players than assassins creed odyssey and metro exodus.
According to your logic, those games are worst then farming simulator.

CDPR's head of marketing since TW3.

Comparing CP2077 and Skyrim player base is nonsense... First because no one play pure Skyrim, is a 10 years old game that with mods play and looks like next gen, i have a good hardware here, and i can make my PC cry with Skyrim.
CDPR will not get a Skyrim like game because they do not have mod support, and no, a tool to extract and see game content is not mod support, mod support is when you let modders ADD stuff into the game, not just change what is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom