Can we pre-download the game from GOG and play on 12AM November 19th??

+

VelWu

Forum regular
Hey there,

This is the first time I've pre-ordered a CDPR game. With the game just about a month away, I'd like to know if there is a way for those of us who pre-ordered it on GOG.com to download the 70GB worth of files ahead of time so it can be played the moment it launches?

Thanks in advance.

msxyz

Forum regular
Considering the size of the game (70GB) it would be better both for CDPR's servers and for us players to be able to download in advance the game files a few days before, otherwise there might be problems with all the traffic that will generate this hugely anticipated title.

Gotta say, the pre-download feature is a savior these days. Cyberpunk 2077 will be available in my timezone at 3 AM on November 20th, which won't leave me as much time to enjoy it even if I boot it immediately.

And like @msxyz said, the game's way too anticipated to not include the feature.

Considering the size of the game (70GB) it would be better both for CDPR's servers and for us players to be able to download in advance the game files a few days before, otherwise there might be problems with all the traffic that will generate this hugely anticipated title.

True.

Hey there,

This is the first time I've pre-ordered a CDPR game. With the game just about a month away, I'd like to know if there is a way for those of us who pre-ordered it on GOG.com to download the 70GB worth of files ahead of time so it can be played the moment it launches?

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure they HAVE answered this already and that there will be a pre-download for pre-orderers; but I don't have the source right now. It might have been twitter or something.
(this is one of those questions that people forget to ask during the NCW post-shows etc..)

They didn't say when will the pre-download be available though.

Last edited:
I guess they'll tell us exactly on the last Night City Wire before the game releases.

I have preordered both the Collectors Edition on PS4 and from the PS Store, PS Store is saying I can pre-download on 17th November.

Hope this helps :D

Do you also know the time (CEST or other)?

I am in the UK, I will work it out later. As I hoped it would be midnight I will be able to download.
Post automatically merged:

Looking on Reddit, it looks as though the pre order will unlock at exactly 12PM Midnight on November 18th/19th.

Once it unlocks I will just be leaving to download overnight. Play first thing.

Last edited:
I have preordered both the Collectors Edition on PS4 and from the PS Store, PS Store is saying I can pre-download on 17th November.

Hope this helps :D
this here just proves its not an actual predownload date just sony hoping it will be allowed to preload it and put out a bunch of random dates. My playstation store says the 16th ive seen screenshots that have no date and some that even have the 14th.

Yea I worry about this too. I worry that when over half the entire planet starts to download the game at the same time, my download will fail and I will likely end up having to wait an entire extra week before I can finally download it without it failing. This is why I would love to pre-download it.

Yea I worry about this too. I worry that when over half the entire planet starts to download the game at the same time, my download will fail and I will likely end up having to wait an entire extra week before I can finally download it without it failing. This is why I would love to pre-download it.

Agreed. I'm sure GOG are preparing as best they can for the mass downloads, but I pre-ordered through steam hoping their download servers are robust on the day.

Top Bottom