Can we wear any clothes on any body?

+
Has this been confirmed or not?
ex: In game will it be possible to wear this Mox outfit on a muscular male body?
Like Saints Row :ROFLMAO:
clothes.png

Many (most?) of the clothes you see in any game are part of the artwork of the model not separate items that could be used by characters. So no, you won't be able to pick up and wear any/everything you see. However there should be a fair amount of options available for your fashion needs!

I'm concerned about this one too. I hope we will be able to have a variety of shorts, hoodies, that kind of thing. A good selection of shoes, and also flip flops or even a choice of not doing shoes at all if we want. Just have to wait and see.

Many (most?) of the clothes you see in any game are part of the artwork of the model not separate items that could be used by characters. So no, you won't be able to pick up and wear any/everything you see. However there should be a fair amount of options available for your fashion needs!
My question is whether it will be possible to wear all the clothes available in any body type/gender.
Female clothing in a male body, and vice versa.

Anyway, I hope to see a huge clothes variety. :)

Last edited:
Makes me think - is the game world going to react to something like that? As in, will a muscular man dressed in something girly and pink-ish be perceived in a different way?

It is Cyberpunk, after all, and we've been told and shown that impressing someone is nearly impossible in the year 2077, so I highly doubt that. Still, though, a couple of remarks from the NPCs regarding V's choice of clothes would be fun to see.

It was mentioned as well that there were gang-themed items V could obtain from missions, or maybe from looting. So it's possible that there might be some Mox clothing items in the mix, but whether any of it will resemble what is on that particular NPC is anyone's guess.

It should be possible there are not reason for it to don't be possible Bethesda games has that and most you will find in cyberpunk will be humans...

If we can not... Would be another thing to add to the pyle of the disappointment.

What I never got or fully understood in all this time (despite having seen a few Q&As and interviews or statements) is something simple, and it wasn't covered (literally, heh) by any promotional material either:

So far we mostly see clothes on V when we see any footage. Clothes, not armor.

I'm wondering: Can you even equip 'armor', anything more than a civilian look whether that look is inspired by corpos, nomads, streetkids, anyone else? Can you put on corporate, police, raider or any other type of armor?

It doesn't necessarily have to be full juggernaut suits but many outfits we already see in promotional material including gameplay already show you basically some form of light to medium armor (think of Trauma Team or NCPD, or any corporate security units in light or medium armor variants).

A certain "fear" I have right now is that you'll be restricted to civilian or utility clothing or at best unarmored variants of either faction clothing (perhaps for a mission).

Especially when the plot gets nuts or when I enter some dangerous area I'd love to "armor up" for some added protection. It's also a preference thing even if you do not see your character a lot. It's added immersion, you could say, even if there was little to no stat boost to some normal clothes.

I'm wondering: Can you even equip 'armor', anything more than a civilian look whether that look is inspired by corpos, nomads, streetkids, anyone else? Can you put on corporate, police, raider or any other type of armor?

It doesn't necessarily have to be full juggernaut suits but many outfits we already see in promotional material including gameplay already show you basically some form of light to medium armor (think of Trauma Team or NCPD, or any corporate security units in light or medium armor variants).

A certain "fear" I have right now is that you'll be restricted to civilian or utility clothing or at best unarmored variants of either faction clothing (perhaps for a mission).

For myself, I'm not into the armor thing, but I have to agree that there are many who are. It would make sense that some type of armor would be available for players such as yourself. It would be my guess that this may be something you can purchase (in game) or loot along the way. As I said in my previous post, we just have to wait and see. I think you may be correct on saying that there has been little mentioned on the subject of armor, I could be wrong.

What I never got or fully understood in all this time (despite having seen a few Q&As and interviews or statements) is something simple, and it wasn't covered (literally, heh) by any promotional material either:

Especially when the plot gets nuts or when I enter some dangerous area I'd love to "armor up" for some added protection. It's also a preference thing even if you do not see your character a lot. It's added immersion, you could say, even if there was little to no stat boost to some normal clothes.

Im sure there will be, but this is a game where you're a merc in a city. "armor" isn't really the thing in this type of scenario especially when you can have skin that's tougher..

But basically my idea of "cyberpunk" and this game doesn't really invoke images of "armour" is what I'm trying to say

You know, it's not the main staple. You arent am intplanatary soldier exploreer or the dragon born. You are a citizen of night city.

Im betting on it being like, a late game type thing where you can get slick full body nano armour type of deal, and armour before that is like what Johnny wears and similar.

Last edited:
I have less concerns about the number of wearable clothes, but I question myself more about how can you arrange them on you to suit your style ?

I remember APB:Reloaded which was a great leap forward in term of freedom of fashion back in the days. You had (sometimes) several ways of wearing a piece of clothe (ex: your shirt inside / outside pants), same goes for other clothe as well, without mentioning color options and custom prints (ingame, self made art). Expressing one's personality through clothing is an essential part of the street life, and I guess the concept wouldn't change much in a future setup with cosmetics augmentations, neon jackets and such. Sure I'm not expecting this feature to exist in CP77 since it's extra work and we have no info going into that direction.

the jackets i've seen look pretty meh. a lot of business casual attire lol for people rp'ing as some corpo

then there's some sports jackets and some that look like military surplus bomber jackets or something

tbh i'd like if we could use the npc uniforms, not just because i think those militek desert patrol uniforms look cool, but could be used as a disguise or to manipulate the public.

i'm probably getting ahead of myself here.

It would indeed seem, let's say, "unusual" to not cover any armor at all and restrict the protagonist to wearing 'normal' clothing (armor stat or not).

I understand some notions in "style choice" but even then I would aim for a compromise and offer light to medium armored variants of gear you can equip, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a huge juggernaut type of armor like Adam Smasher has.

Since I hardly saw concrete mentions of "armor" in the classic sense (basically any outfit with visible armor and something comparable to what corporate or police units also use) and no use of this for the protagonist in gameplay related aspects and promotional material, I will assume you will not be able to wear 'classic armor' (variants).

I suppose I will know with release, but if this is the case I suggest definitely overthinking the approach or adding more options for wearable gear for either future DLCs and similar content patches or follow-up games.

I also understand one could argue that the point of visual representation is near-moot due to only select moments when you view your character, but I for one am rather conscious about the characters I play and the attire and representation. So I value it more than others.

the jackets i've seen look pretty meh. a lot of business casual attire lol for people rp'ing as some corpo

then there's some sports jackets and some that look like military surplus bomber jackets or something

tbh i'd like if we could use the npc uniforms, not just because i think those militek desert patrol uniforms look cool, but could be used as a disguise or to manipulate the public.

i'm probably getting ahead of myself here.

There are probably leather jackets as well considering we've seen them on NPCs and that one of the gear items with a Witcher logo that was advertised is a leather jacket.

About the clothing inventory screenshot
Suits, jackets, suits and more suits...
I hope to see other clothes styles with more exotic designs.
Like these guys
cyberpunk-2077-the-four-aesthetic-styles-of-night-city_2kzt.jpg

There is also the possibility of John Wick style armor lining for clothing. Kevlar (or 2077 equivalent) sewn into the outerwear of choice thereby giving your both form and function. It would be interesting to be able to, appropriate, various armors you come across during gameplay though.

Top Bottom