Can you bind sign cycling on gamepad?

+
Can you bind sign cycling on gamepad?

I hate the radial menu. I would like to assign to the DPad left and right to cycle through signs like you can do with the mouse wheel in place of selecting swords which happens automatically anyway (and if it occasionally fails I can always use the keyboard for that). Can this be done somehow?

Last edited:
You could try adding this to your input.settings file in your docs folder. In the [Combat] section;

Code:
IK_Pad_DigitLeft=(Action=ToggleSign,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.2)

So holding down dpad left should toggle signs.

I've not tested it though. Else you can try editing the Pad_Digit buttons in the xml.

Last edited:
You could try adding this to your input.settings file in your docs folder. In the [Combat] section;

Code:

So holding down dpad left should toggle signs.

I've not tested it though. Else you can try editing the Pad_Digit buttons in the xml.
Ok, I've replaced all instances of
Code:
IK_Pad_DigitLeft=(Action=SteelSword)
IK_Pad_DigitLeft=(Action=SwordSheathe,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.3)

with

Code:

but that didn't work. Now that button does nothing.

ToggleSign is bound to the Mouse Z button(wheel). It was probably coded specifically for that, which has 2 axis (up, down). It might not work on a key (?) because there doesn't seem to be a toggle direction specified. Dunno, I've not tried rebinding stuff yet, on controller. I'm fairly happy with the binds.

I use the right analog stick to maneuver the signs from the radial menu. I find it works better.

---------- Updated at 07:57 PM ----------

Update: if you're using a DS4 controller, I thought it worth a mention that you can use DS4 Windows to make custom bindings. I've bound the journal, and map to the left and right touchpad clicks on my controller, for example. You could bind them to mouse wheel up, and down for toggling signs.

Top Bottom