Can you swim?

+
lols the man has a point what if I wanted too jump off the docks or be Boat nomad on a water rake ?? . but as they say Cyber-ware and water don't mix. your supped up borg would sink like a stone.

Will there be any water? Because if there will be no water, there is no need to add swimming.

The Pacific ocean is a great place to swim in the future.. (sarcasm)......but why would you want to swim in it is the question.

There is swimmable water near Night CIty, so I see no reason why swimming wouldn't be a thing.

Although, I do think there should be a skill for swimming (such that allows the player to also build a character who can not swim -- and thus misses out on content/misson routes that requires it).

As long as it‘s not relevant for any of the quests, personally, I don‘t need swimming. But we‘ll see :)

I doubt insta-death from falling into the water will be a thing in this day and age. For awhile there were definitely a lot of games that just killed you if you went in the water. I always liked Gothics water death. Instead of you running into an invisible barrier whilst trying to swim out to sea, piranha ate you if you went out too far.

For the sake of missions and whatnot, there should be swimming, allowing you to use certain other routes or simply "explore" in areas with sufficient bodies of water.

Simple: Missions near a port, etc allowing you to pick alternative routes.

I simply don't want my progress to abruptly end because I've touched water or fallen into a pool because of a steep hill.

I simply don't want my progress to abruptly end because I've touched water or fallen into a pool because of a steep hill.

I really don't think you'd need to worry about insta-death on touching/entering water.
If there won't be swimming, I'd imagine they'd go for the "invisible walls stop you from going into deep water" from Witcher 1 and 2 instead of "touching water = death".

As for whether there will be swimming... maybe it's my 2018 viewpoint (and I know a counter-argument for this was already made here), but I don't think going swimming with cyberware (metal and electricity) is a particularly smart idea. Especially if it's seawater (= salty).

But, as a mechanic I wouldn't mind swimming, if it does turn out technology in 2077 is advanced enough to not mind. :p

You still take a shower right? So you can get wet with your cyberware.

8:51 in the background

Cybernetics would surely be made from lightweight composites, so it is by no means clear that you would be lose buoyancy, even with considerable cyberization. And if there are empty spaces within a limb, and it was sealed to make it waterproof, you might actually become more buoyant.

I really don't think you'd need to worry about insta-death on touching/entering water.
If there won't be swimming, I'd imagine they'd go for the "invisible walls stop you from going into deep water" from Witcher 1 and 2 instead of "touching water = death".

As for whether there will be swimming... maybe it's my 2018 viewpoint (and I know a counter-argument for this was already made here), but I don't think going swimming with cyberware (metal and electricity) is a particularly smart idea. Especially if it's seawater (= salty).

But, as a mechanic I wouldn't mind swimming, if it does turn out technology in 2077 is advanced enough to not mind. :p

Some materials are light and become harder when oxidazed, like titanium (which also have good biocompatibility).

Good god NO! I wouldn't touch the open water in Night City. I mean, you'd have to burn your clothes afterwards and take a chemical shower just to get rid of the toxins and that's if you don't get any in your mouth. Yuck!

But seriously, cyber's most likely designed to get wet on occasion, it'd almost have to be.

- Shane

Top Bottom