Cannot cast Alternate Yrden after upgrading to Grandmaster Griffin gear

+
I just got my Grandmaster Griffin gear, and I can no longer cast Alternate Yrden -- the little turret that fires at enemies.

is this supposed to happen? I've been trying for a day now, and I have concluded that alternate Yrden is gimped by the Mastercrafted armour.

Can someone help me with this? I am a Yrden -based Geralt, so this is a HUGE blow to my game. The new version of Yrden is pretty much useless.

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
This might sound dumb, but...
...have you double-checked that your Ability Slots have been filled accordingly? :S

Oh, yes, I'm sure it's in the right Quickslot. I am a Yrden user, in every fight. All of a sudden, I couldn't cast Alternate Yrden.

Anyway, it was a bug. Definitely a bug. In the end, I reloaded the last save where Yrden worked properly, and played on from there. So far, so good.

No, the Grandmaster Griffin gear. It may not have been the gear, after all -- I just noticed the problem right after I got the new gear. Could have been a coincidence, or the gear might have triggered it somehow, especially given the bonuses that Grandmaster Griffin comes with, which are specifically about "regular" Yrden.

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
No, the Grandmaster Griffin gear. It may not have been the gear, after all -- I just noticed the problem right after I got the new gear. Could have been a coincidence,

ah, interesting...
Well, happy for you! :)

Did you do anything specific other than loading an old save?

No. Just went back a a few hours of play until I found a save where it worked, than carried on.

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
That's the weirdest thing I've heard of, that it should just randomly stop working like that, and then restores if you go back to an old save...

Hm...
In your attempts to make it work, prior to going back to an old save, did you make attempts to fix it by taking OFF ALL your gear,
and then putting it ON again? :O

Sounds like too elementary a thing to suggest, I know, AND you have probably tested it, but just to make sure... :p

Yes, I took off the armour. Made no difference. That's when I decided to go back to a much earlier save.

Top Bottom