Cannot complete "Epistrophy: Coastview"

+
Hi,

I am on the "Epistrophy: Coastview" mission, real nice touch here with the Portal reference. Love it.
However I am unable to complete the mission, playing on Patch 1.06.

• I kill all the goons (that was a challenge at my current level, nice).
  • I talk to the stray Delamain car.
  • Delamain calls me on his phone: But I cannot pick up.
    What I have tried, to no success:
    • Completing the mission and waiting at the Delamain car.
    • Driving away from the Delamain car.
    • Hitting "T" to accept the call
    • Not hitting "T" to wait for auto-accepting the call
  • Then the quest is stuck at the step: "Talk to Delamain".
But I do not get called again, and when I call Delamain, it does not pick up.
The quest is real nice, but definitely bugged, and now I am stuck too deep in the autosaves that I can go back.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I would really like to complete this quest series.
Any official recognition of this bug is highly appreciated.

Kind regards, Over

Last edited:
I think the phonecall is supposed to be picked up automatically. You can't cancel phonecalls in this game even if you wanted to. If it doesn't do that, then it bugged out. You have little chance other than reloading an earlier save and hope it works the next time. It could be that the delamain car gets stuck somewhere it shouldn't and it causes the glitch.

If I remember correctly, I was standing right next to the delamain when I answered the call.

@Bloodartist hm.. too bad for me I guess, I have no save before the quest. I noted your remarks, if I ever get to this part again, maybe i it helps. Although I did finish the mission standing next to the car, and the game just did not pick up the call.

I really hope this bug gets fixed.

Its a good idea to save regularly with different savegames. Even less reason not to, because they fixed the corrupt savefile bug.

I have been trying to find a solution for this for a few hours and finally found one that worked for me and I will walk you through it. First thing I did after I talked to Delamain was do the delmain car you need to catch in Wellsprings. After I finished that one I set my main objective to the one in Coastview. I drove there and got to the yellow area and delamain was a little late to call me but I got it a few seconds later. Found the car and once the car stopped, I immediately started to kill the enemies that are to spawn before the delamain car stopped talking. Once all the enemies are eliminated, I stood next to the delamain car and proceeded to skip through the cars dialogue and stopped skipping when the option to talk comes up and I chose the dialogue option "Enough" I didn't skip any dialogue after the choice of dialogue and once the car decides to go back to delamain, I get a call from delamain and am finally able to answer the call. Sorry for the ramble, I didn't want to leave anything out because I know a lot of people want to complete this mission so I tried to get all the details as to what happened prior to me being able to progress past the mission. I hope this helped and works for you guys as it did for me.

Top Bottom