Cannot get Witcher 3 to run smoothly on brand new PC

+
I don't think I am idiot, but I have not owned a gaming PC in my life, so please forgive me if I am missing something terrible obvious--but I cannot for the life of my get The Witcher to run smoothly on a highly spec'd brand new Alienware PC. Every other game I have downloaded and played works fine at the highest settings.

All the menus run smoothly until the game starts, where any mouse movement or keyboard entry is terribly laggy and slow to respond. I've tried turning Vsync on and off and trying different setting but nothing seems to make this game playable for me.

Specs:

Alienware Aurora R9, Intel i9-9900 3.10GHZ
32 MB RAM
GeForce RTX(TM) 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6
Alienware AW3420DW monitor
Logitech G502 Mouse (wireless)
Logitech G513 Keyboard (wired)
Running Logitech G-Hub Software

Assuming I should have zero issues playing this game? What am I doing wrong? I tried installing and reinstalling. I got a refund from Steam and then tried it from GOG. I tried running Nvidia optimization in the Geforce Experience app. Nothing works. Is it the Logitech software?

PLEASE help. I would love to be able to play this game on the PC.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't know the Logitech software, so I can't say anything about that.
Disabling or uninstalling the G-Hub Software sounds worth a try though.

Maybe check out these suggestions from the support website:

In order to contact CDPR support, click "Contact Us' on the same website.

The game launches fine though--it's just unplayable given the input lag/slow response.

Yes but the suggestions are useful in various situations, so it‘s still worth trying.

And as mentioned before, via this link you can also contact support.

^ This. We like to have solutions known when they're found. Helps people in the future if they run into a similar issue.

This game is like Crysis, an older game that could still bring top PCs to their knees. TW3 certainly does it to my one-year-old PC. I have to turn down shadows, foliage, and hair a notch each, while everything else at max. Still, I only get 40-50fps at 3820x2160.

Let's hope the genital customization in 2077 won't slow down my PC any more than hair animation does. Frankly, any body part that needs realism is the TONGUE, since most computer characters still don't have any (most obvious but least complained issue ever).

I purchase Witcher 3 Wild Hunt back in July off Amazon, all in the original packaging with maps, etc. A valid
game purchase... Because i was playing Assassins Creed Odyssey, I wanted to finish that game first before
moving on to Witcher 3. With AC odyssey done, i went over to play Witcher 3 and Gog tells me I don't have
a valid game, and that is bull. I am getting real sick of Witcher games.

I don't have a very good PC but I have a similar problem. FPS drops below 5 for no reason and it lasts 2-3 minutes. Also got this problem on Witcher 2. I don't know why it happens.

It would be helpful to know more about your computer. GPU, CPU, RAM...

A few things:

Hardware overclocking often affects the performance negatively. Best to avoid that.

Mods can affect the performance too.

It can help to disable all overlay features (discord, fraps, steam, MSI Afterburner and so on)

For TW3 old GPU drivers sometimes work a lot better than new ones.

If your PC has a second integrated GPU, make sure the game uses the right gpu (see here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003258969?product=gog)

You could also try the second suggestion from here:

Experimenting with the ingame settings can help too.

Top Bottom