cannot install DLC after reinstalling W3

+
cannot install DLC after reinstalling W3

After installing patch 1.08 I had some issues and had to reinstall my game. I tried using my retail disks, no success. I uninstalled and used my GOG backup copy and still cant install three DLC. These are the version ending in 34. All the DLC that are earlier version are fine. The message I get is this "This version of base game is not supported. Update to the latest patch. I have the latest patch 1.08. The three that won't install are
Temerian Armor
Beard and Hairstyle DLC
New Finisher Animations
I'm getting really annoyed now as I haven't been able to play for 2 days as my saves all have those DLC so the games won't load. I'm lvl 22, so I don't want to re-start. I only get 8Gig of internet per month so I don't want to download everything again if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
You need to send this in as a ticket to GOG and/or CDPR Tech Support directly. Sounds like your GOG account has lost access to you purchases. No one on the forums can help you this.

You need to send this in as a ticket to GOG and/or CDPR Tech Support directly. Sounds like your GOG account has lost access to you purchases. No one on the forums can help you this.

I sent this as a ticket and was told to reinstall the game and re download the DLC. I have reinstalled the fricken game THREE times. I'm very disappointed with the GOG response, they obviously didn't read my email properly, the response was not helpful. All this having to download huge files constantly is bullshite for people like me who only have small capped internet allowance. Surely someone knows what the message "This version of the base game is not supported" means. All the other DLC installs fine. Only the three don't. I have patch 1.08. Five days not being able to play my saves. Any helpful ideas appreciated.

"This version of the base game is not supported," means that your save files contain data that was involved with the DLC. Now, you're trying to load up the game without the requisite DLC data. Can't be done. You only have two options:

1.) Start a new game.

2.) Continue pounding away at GOG/CDPR until you get someone with the ability to read top-to-bottom, left-to-right. (They're out there, but it takes patience...)

For the record, I am VERY disappointed in GOG lately. Something must have happened with their management. Lots of problems with many titles, lately -- especially Galaxy issues. They went from very clean and professional to slipshod in a big hurry.

"This version of the base game is not supported," means that your save files contain data that was involved with the DLC. Now, you're trying to load up the game without the requisite DLC data. Can't be done. You only have two options:

1.) Start a new game.

2.) Continue pounding away at GOG/CDPR until you get someone with the ability to read top-to-bottom, left-to-right. (They're out there, but it takes patience...)

For the record, I am VERY disappointed in GOG lately. Something must have happened with their management. Lots of problems with many titles, lately -- especially Galaxy issues. They went from very clean and professional to slipshod in a big hurry.

Thankyou for your reply. I appreciate it. I re-installed the game again, and even though all other DLC but the three I mentioned worked fine, I let Galaxy re download everything. (Thank goodness my friend let me use her internet). The game is working flawlessly again. I should mention I downloaded the three DLC a few times and tried to reinstall them manually and through Galaxy.

I agree, I always thought highly of GOG as well, but the support for W3 has been abysmal. I can only surmise it's because of volume of requests seeing as the game hasn't been released very long. Hopefully things will settle and they will be more helpful.

Last edited:
No problem at all; glad to hear it worked out for you! Did you ever figure out what was preventing the DLC from installing, or did they just suddenly begin working again?

No problem at all; glad to hear it worked out for you! Did you ever figure out what was preventing the DLC from installing, or did they just suddenly begin working again?

The solution is to start a new game before installing the DLC, save the game, then install the DLC. It must have to run and put stuff in the registry first or something. Worked fine doing that.

Top Bottom