Cannot Install DVD

+
Cannot Install DVD

I just purchased the DVD version of the game. The installation aborts with error message Feature Transfer Error
Feature: Required Files, Component: Data, File: D:\data2.cab, Error: Incorrect function
The display shows it aborts at Files\Thewitcher2\cookedpc\pack0.dzip.
I tried to copy the discs into folders, but again it aborted while trying to copy data2....says invalid ms-dos function. All other files on disc1 did copy.
I tried installing on two different computers, one a DellXPS720 using XP, the other an HP using Windows7. The firmware seems uptodate. Now what??

Same problem here - trying to fix it now. None of the solutions presented on there site was successful.

Anyway, I will be staying here for a while, till I manage to instal it : ) Now trying Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, to get it on my hardrive - it seems to go fine, perhaps you can try it to?

Hi again,

Well, long story short, did not manage to instal it.

Tried, everything mentioned on their website - including, bios upgrades, clean boot, etc.
Also, gave a try with Roadkill's...

It is, extremly frustraiting.

Getting today into the store, to check if I can get my money back.

Eh,

Regards.

Thanks....thought of trying an exchange. Most stores will not do a refund on opened software. It is frustrating. Good luck.

Hi!

The store manager, convinced me to exchange it, to a "newer" version. Told me, that, if this will not be work, I can exchange it to other games or get the money back. Not many questions were asked - she had quite a lot of these complains, so she is aware of the problem.

Well, got back form the store and gave it a try. Not sure if it works (downloads the actualization atm)but it went over the copying phase and finished the instalation!

FYI, spoke with the customer support at CD-Projet RED (which you have to reach in order to speak about this specific game, as CD-Projekt is a another company). They mentioned, that in special cases, they can give an online / digital version.
Also, considered to have it copied on my nephews computer and take that data and instal it from HD.

So, if everything goes well - I will play today : )

Regards,

Aaaand now, I have another error... Well, the CD's are all right, now I need just to download, a 3.2gb hotfix ^^

I get similar problems: installing the game gets me an error "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" on file Data2.cab

Trying to copy the files to my HDD also dies on the data2.cab file. After copying about 90% of the file, it stops with the error "cannot read from file".

Top Bottom