Cannot Install or Start Thronebreaker

+
EDIT: Multiple users have pointed out that the Citrix Workspace is causing a conflict with Gwent. Please, try to uninstall Citrix.

Please try the following:
  1. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  2. Disable your virus protection software / firewall and try to download/install Thronebreaker again.
  3. Remove the following folders:
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED"
  4. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Thronebreaker to "Run as administrator".
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.
Also, keep in mind the minimum requirements to run the game:

Processor: Intel Celeron G1820 | AMD A4-7300
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 | Radeon R7 240
Storage: 15 GB

32-bit operating systems are not supported.

Last edited:
This morning I was trying to install Thronebreaker and GoG wouldn't let me by saying there is a “server problem” or something

Anyone else having the same problem or it was just because I was downloading something else? (homecoming update)

This morning I was trying to install Thronebreaker and GoG wouldn't let me by saying there is a “server problem” or something

The server is pretty crowded now with everyone downloading the game at the same time. Please, try again later. The problem should resolve itself.

I'm having an issue where when I try to launch the game, a small unity loading bar appears, fills about a quarter of the way then disappears. The game never launches, gets suspended status in the task manager, and in galaxy the play button is available to push again. I've tried steps 1-4 to no avail, the game will not launch. Any ideas?

Attachments

• loading bar.PNG
    loading bar.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 326
I'm having an issue where when I try to launch the game, a small unity loading bar appears, fills about a quarter of the way then disappears. The game never launches, gets suspended status in the task manager, and in galaxy the play button is available to push again. I've tried steps 1-4 to no avail, the game will not launch. Any ideas?
Do Step 3. Uninstall the game. Install the game again. Play. It helped me. I hope it helps to You too.

Thanks for the responsee, but I tried that twice. Didn't work even when not installed in program files. I tried steps 1 through 4.

So I originally did not have gwent installed, so I installed it and tried to run it but got the same error. I guess I will try support. Thanks for the response!
If you find out a way into the game let me know. I have the same problem! I reached out to support and still working with them to see if there's a way we can fix it.
Post automatically merged:

OK I got both of them (Thronebreaker and GWENT) to work. If it helps anyone, I did the following.

1. I uninstalled GOG Galaxy.
2. I UNINSTALLED Citrix Workspace (not just disabled the task/service)
3. I reinstalled GOG Galaxy.
4. I reinstalled Thronebreaker and GWENT.
5. I successfully launched both games.
6. I reinstalled Citrix Workspace (I need it for work).
7. I was still able to launch both games.

Hopefully this is helpful to those of you with this problem and in CDPR in fixing.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I can't launch Thronebreaker since the beginning.
After I hit Play button in GoG, I see some loading screen and then only black screen - infinitely.

I already tried to launch it with/without 4K DLC, right now i'm installing game once more after uninstall.

Gwent HC - no problems, I can play without any bugs.

Did anyone of You guys had similar problem and know how to work this out?

Top Bottom