Cannot install/play Witcher 3 disc on new Xbox One X, tried with a brand new disc

+
Cannot install/play Witcher 3 disc on new Xbox One X, tried with a brand new disc

Hey guys, my new Xbox One X cannot read my Witcher 3 disk. I have tried reinstalling, but it stops at exactly 50% and says the disk is scratched. I just got a new one at gamestop, and the same thing is happening. Other disks seem to be working, but specifically The Witcher 3 is not. Can anyone else let me know if their Witcher 3 disks are working? I would really appreciate it. Need to know if I should bring it back to Best Buy asap for defect. Thanks

So you already changed your game disc to another copy at Gamestop and that doesn't work either?

Not sure if it helps anything in this case, but might still be worth a shot, is clearing the cache and see if that changes anything. Also checking that the disc is clean (which it most likely is). Unfortunately I don't have any better advises.

Thank you for responding. I have tried clearing local saves games, hard resetting xbox, pretty much everything available on the Xbox Live troubleshooting page. And yes, a completely new one from Gamestop isn't working either, just stopping at 50%. Can anyone else try to see if they can play or install their Witcher 3 disc on their Xbox One X (if anyone reading this happens to have both, haha).

ubapook;n9814151 said:
Thank you for responding. I have tried clearing local saves games, hard resetting xbox, pretty much everything available on the Xbox Live troubleshooting page. And yes, a completely new one from Gamestop isn't working either, just stopping at 50%. Can anyone else try to see if they can play or install their Witcher 3 disc on their Xbox One X (if anyone reading this happens to have both, haha).

Normally it should run.

It runs according to that video, between 60fps and ~30fps depending the situation.

https://wccftech.com/the-witcher-3-60-fps-xbox-one-x/

I'm having the same issues installing The Witcher 3 the disc works and all systems and is installed in all systems I own but will not install on my Xbox One X saying that disc is scratched or dirty this is very unfortunate being I was extremely excited to play this amazing game on my new console if the dev teams have any way of fixing this it would be much appreciated any suggestions welcome

I have the same problem. I bought the witcher 3 wild hunt 1 years ago. I played with it on Xbox one fat until 2 week ago. After i bought on the 22th of december the Xbox one X, the game doesn't work more. The installation (with disk) stuck on 6 %. I tried to clear cache, hard reset, install without connection, but nothing to do.
The Only error i have is "The cd should be inside console to proceed with installation"
But cd IS inside the console.
I beg you to resolve the problem.
Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad english but it isn't my first language.

I have an Xbox One X. I bought Witcher 3 at Gamestop yesterday. It won't install. After hours of trying yesterday evening, it finally reached 77% and stopped. This morning, I try again and it only installed 11.35GB! Every other disc game installs fine! I see I'm not the only one having this problem and needs to be looked into. This is ridiculous!

I am having the same issue. We popped the disk in, it says it has an update. The update then starts downloading and suddenly installation crashes. This all happens around 30% of installation process. The disc is NOT damaged.

I am having a similar issue. This is what I a doing to try to fix it. No success yet. I will reply back here if this works.

Console: Xbox One X

01 - disconnected my xbox from internet
02 - cleared local games
03 - hard reset the console
04 - installed the game - with no internet connection
05 - launched the game - please note the installation did not proceed after 37%. It simply gave me the typical message "Ready to Start". I waited to see if the installation process would still keep going but it did not, so I launched the game.
06 - Game launched successfully - quit the game
07 - reconnected the xbox one x to the internet
08 - launched the game - got the usual warning saying "Update needs to be download, 18GB, etc, etc, etc"
09 - started the download
10 - The download stops very often, almost at every 0.5% progress. (We have fiber at home, very fast internet)
11 - From the Manage Game Screen, at the Queue tab, every time the installation process stops, I press "Resume All"
12 - I am at 16.6%
13 - Edit1: After a bunch of "Resume All" installation tries (from the Queue tab) - I am at 41.2% now - Game says it is ready to be launched. I will keep on retrying the the "Resume All" untill there is nothing else to be download. I will report back.

Attachments

• witcher-stuck.JPG
    witcher-stuck.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
GladiatorMaster;n10908451 said:
I am having a similar issue. This is what I a doing to try to fix it. No success yet. I will reply back here if this works.

Please, try contacting CDPR Support directly:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

I believe it's likely down to a networking thing, but I have no idea how to work around it. Alternatively, you can try uninstalling it and downloading / installing directly from the online marketplace. (Set the disk aside.) It certainly does not sound like it installed correctly, regardless of the "Ready to Start" message.
:hatsoff:

EDIT: Also, post moved to newer thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom