Cannot install witcher 3 DVD on PC

+
Cannot install witcher 3 DVD on PC

Hello

Today I got the game and thought i would quickly install it. I put in Disc 1, accept some stuff and the installscreen appears. But the installscreen shows no progress, it says estimated 2 minutes left and those 2 minutes are endless. The version i have is the boxed version with bonus content: a map and a soundtrack DVD. Somebody else tried to install the game on his own computer and it worked perfectly, the launcher immediately started installing the game. I use windows 8.1 pro and the other person who tried to install the game and succeeded uses windows 7 home edition. Tomb raider underworld disc installation works perfectly.

Tried to install the game more than 50 times, first i waited one hour because maybe it could start installing after a while who knows... but no succes. The game does not install on my computer whatever i try it wont start installing. I can open the launcher and thats it, no progress is made. Got 650gb disc space left, and my computer itself is a recent gaming computer made to run every game on highest settings. I really have no idea how to install the witcher 3, any1 else encountered this problem? please help, i searched the internet for other people who have this problem but no succes :( I could go for the download but i download at a max of 220kb/s...

---------- Updated at 11:01 PM ----------

Decided to download it with gog galaxy but.... downloaded a long time with 200kb/s.... i close launcher a while because i needed full internet connection... then after 5 minutes i continue the download and LOST all progress.... got to download all over. I have never seen such a big fail with a videogame. I play many recent games like skyrim, swtor, witcher 2, world of tanks, war thunder, elder scrolls online and they all work perfect. But the witcher 3 fails to install on my computer.

Im unable to install it with the discs and unable to download it. This is very frustrating, waited such a long time to have this game and spent many hours to find a solution to this problem and still nothing. Im unable to play the witcher 3 unless some1 knows a good solution other than going for a refund since i also redeemed the game code now, the game cant be returned to store

Last edited:
Can you go to a friend, or just some other PC and see if they work there? Because if the issue is with the discs, then you can probably contact some kind of support channel, maybe even the retail location you bought it from, and seek a new copy/return or whatever.

If it works on another PC, then all you simply have to do is just install it on that PC, then copy the game files onto a Hard Drive (Don't forget the My Documents folder) and then copy them onto your PC's HDD. Since the game is DRM Free, you shouldn't have any issues doing so.

It works on a friends laptop, i only have 1 computer at home that is able to play the game. All games work on my pc, just the witcher refuses to install, i tried other disced games and they all work fine. This is a very strange and specific problem. I dont have an exterenal harddrive, i use to load things onto memorysticks but my best stick has 16gb :/, thx for suggestion, unfortunately i cant try that solution for now

Hmmm. The biggest issue is that if it works on another drive, then the discs aren't the issue, or at least not the discs alone. Must be some kind of issue between your drive and the discs. So trying to somehow get a replacement likely isn't going to work.

Another option I can think of is to install it on that friends laptop, and then put half of the game files onto that 16GB USB, copy it onto your PC, and then grab the other half (Or in Thirds, whatever can eventually get the entire game across). I wouldn't think the game would have any issues by taking it across piecemeal, as long as it all ends up back together in the correct order. However, naturally it's a royal pain in the ass, both for you and likely your friend.
Other than that, the only possibility left is to figure out a time when you won't be heavily requiring your net, like a solid couple of days, kick off the slow download and just hope that nothing goes wrong.

Sorry mate, but sadly you're in a tough situation, with no really simple solution. Best of luck!

It could be an antivirus issue blocking some file transfer.
Also, check your windows settings for permissions and run the disk as admin.

Good advice my friend, will try your suggestion in a couple of hours when that other pc is available. thank you a lot! im also very lucky i found 5 mins ago a left behind 60gb memorystick from family. thank you, will reply here if it works :)

Top Bottom