Cannot loot chest for the Hieronymus notes for the Wolf School Gear scavenger Hunt.

+
Cannot loot chest for the Hieronymus notes for the Wolf School Gear scavenger Hunt.

I am currently stuck on the Wolf School Gear Scavenger Hunt on the part where you need to loot a chest in order to receive the next step of the quest. I am on patch 1.31; I do not have the Blood and Wine or Hearts of Stone Expansion packs bought or installed. I am able to look the barrels and both chests above the chest in question as well as the one near the edge of the tower on the wooden platform. I can also loot a skeleton that gives me a relic sword and "A letter of apology". In my quest screen for the said quest I have two options to choose from in terms of the steps of the quest. First one is " Find the diagrams to all elements of Wolf School witcher gear. 0/6 and "search the ruins of the signal tower near Kaer Morhen. I have selected both of them and nothing changed; the map still directs me to the tower. Help in this matter would be appreciated. I am on a ps4 platform and I have just finished the quest where I have to kill the Wild Hunts General. I also think it is worth noting that I found a bug as well; I loot the skeleton and receive the letter of apology and relic sword. I then exit to the main menu and then press continue. When the game loads I am able to loot the body again and receive another letter of apology and the very same relic sword. I have done this 10 times and now have ten of the same sword lol. Value is 962 crowns and is called the Pang Of Conscience.

Welcome to the most bugged part of the game. The letter and the sword are the devs team way of say "we did a shitty job, after tons of patches this bug still happens and we won't find a solution because this is a free DLC, so take this nice easter egg and F off."
Just out of curiosity, you started your game after downloading the DLC? In the past this was behind the bug, people who installed the DLC on a existing save.

The diagrams in question are not actually located in the tower they are in a cave just beneath it. First things first use you Witcher senses and examine the the portal's activation platform and Geralt will say something. Okay so you need to turn on a portal with two polished crystals one is on the outside of the tower just to the left in the entrance to said tower there is a v shape of the wall missing, carefully jump over this and make your way round clockwise, the polished crystal is just above head height while you are standing on the wooden scaffolding, (make sure you have delt with hybrids at the entrance to make this tadk easier there should be two maybe three), and the other is already in place. Use Aard to activate them both and then jump through the portal job done.

Thank you for the response; however i have looked up various youtube videos and went to the location of the crystals but they do not appear for me. I read somewhere that if you install the DLC witcher gear quest after you start a game it glitches itself out and the only way to fix the problem is too either start a new game or beat the first game and start a ng+

Hi,

Same problem for me. I'm not able to find the "hieronimus letter". I looted all the other stuff described by TheJym. I also managed to find the hidden cave under the tower but the only thing I found is a lev 23 wraith. I've installed the DLC after I started the game.

Is there any chance to obtain the wolf gear? Did someone find some solutions with the exception to restart the game?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I am on PS4 with the same patch of TheJym, 1.31.

I am currently stuck on the Wolf School Gear Scavenger Hunt on the part where you need to loot a chest in order to receive the next step of the quest. I am on patch 1.31; I do not have the Blood and Wine or Hearts of Stone Expansion packs bought or installed. I am able to look the barrels and both chests above the chest in question as well as the one near the edge of the tower on the wooden platform. I can also loot a skeleton that gives me a relic sword and "A letter of apology". In my quest screen for the said quest I have two options to choose from in terms of the steps of the quest. First one is " Find the diagrams to all elements of Wolf School witcher gear. 0/6 and "search the ruins of the signal tower near Kaer Morhen. I have selected both of them and nothing changed; the map still directs me to the tower. Help in this matter would be appreciated. I am on a ps4 platform and I have just finished the quest where I have to kill the Wild Hunts General. I also think it is worth noting that I found a bug as well; I loot the skeleton and receive the letter of apology and relic sword. I then exit to the main menu and then press continue. When the game loads I am able to loot the body again and receive another letter of apology and the very same relic sword. I have done this 10 times and now have ten of the same sword lol. Value is 962 crowns and is called the Pang Of Conscience.
Have same problem...

Usually, it‘s best to immediately load a save game before that part of the scavenger hunt started. Definitely make sure to check out youtube videos first, to see if you didn‘t miss anything.

As always, CDPR support can be reached here:

It's the end of 2020, and still no fix. The White Wolf needs his wolf gear! I keep getting stopped while typing. This is Bs

Just now playing the witcher on my ps5 and no glitch. Could open chests, had working portal wirh 2 stones and everything. Even had the apology sword as well. Can more people verify this?

Insanely frustrating to have the recommendation be: throw away another 80 hours of your life by starting over! Compact Disc Project Red please just fix this crap. Ridiculous. Program a new chest with the Wolf Gear scavenger items. Something. Now I've got a whole series of un-completeable quests & no chance at the gear. Lovely.

If it could be fixed, it would have been. As far as everything I've ever heard, the source of the problem could never be found. At least one other player I know of has never once been able to complete the armor set. Conversely, I've never once had the issue. But whatever is causing it is so obscure that there's no way to reproduce it on demand. If the cause cannot be found, the problem cannot be corrected.

It's now January 2022 and there is still no fix for this big on the Xbox. It's so frustrating I can't even begin to tell you how mad I am that developers are still releasing so called completed games that are riddled with bugs. Can you not simply just remove the portal and make the cave accessible by climbing up into? You could even make it more difficult by making the climb similar to Yngvar's fang trial.

Is there even any update to fix this or is the whole on cdprojektred just fixing the millions of bugs in cyberpunk?

The fact people are still purchasing this game via the Microsoft store like myself means it should be a priority to fix. I'm almost tempted to seek a refund for receiving goods that do not work as described.

Top Bottom