Cannot open floor hatch

+
Platform: PC (Steam)
Version: 1.32

Im having a problem accessing a basement door of an abandoned hut north of novigrad (see map)
This is the only "undiscovered location" left on my map as I have completely explored all except this area.

Normally an action button would likely appear to open a door, in my case letter (Q) - I have completed all quests available in HOS, so i doubt this is a quest related event.

I worry that I might leave a valuable loot or miss an achievement because of this bug.

(map image was taken from IGN wiki guide)
Untitled.png

I have also prepared a video.

Post moved!

I've found this happens for one of three reasons:

1.) It's a fickle placement to trigger the prompt. Try walking to different angles, then literally pixel-hunting around the center of the hatch. Sometimes, you have to be at exactly the right angle and position for it to appear.

2.) It's part of a quest, and you happened to do things out of order. Or, you may have inadvertently bugged the door by exploring or interacting with a quest area / item without actually having the quest in your journal. (It's unfortunate, but the game can punish exploration without meaning to in some cases.)

3.) Mods. If you're using mods, or if you've ever used any in the past -- even mods that don't seem to be directly connected to your issue according human logic -- then it's possible for all ranges of weirdness to occur. Especially if you tried to remove mods during a playthrough.

Interesting clarification. My 100% guide will make note of this!

Good luck with that! Just do realize, it's not possible to 100% the game in a single playthrough. There are several points in the main questline that require the player to choose an exclusive path. (Like the choice on how to handle the situation in the swamp, for example.)

Top Bottom