Cannot pick up items that appear as pickupable (white box)

+
this is minor.
the real issue is with robots and mechanical units containing 2 or more items in their corpses but disabling the ability to loot them after picking one item from them.
they just sit on my radar with an X as if could loot them.

this is minor.
the real issue is with robots and mechanical units containing 2 or more items in their corpses but disabling the ability to loot them after picking one item from them.
they just sit on my radar with an X as if could loot them.

I haven't run into that, but I don't know that I'm far enough in to have had many mechanical enemies.

Can you get the items by doing the "loot all" instead of per-item?

i run into this quite frequently; even with some guns, if they're flat on the ground (rather than dropped from an enemy), they'll sometimes be rendered just a few pixels below the actual surface & they cannot be picked up for some reason. Although most of the gun is visible, you can't get it. The same with scissors, albums, cards. It happens literally like all the time; I understand if they have "hidden items" you need to maneuver to obtain, but there is something drastically wrong here when items are only merely below the surface but most above it, and you can't get it because "they're too flat". or something.

I haven't run into that, but I don't know that I'm far enough in to have had many mechanical enemies.

Can you get the items by doing the "loot all" instead of per-item?
there a "loot all"? daaaaamn, I must be blind.

I have this as well and I think it's a hit box issue for the items. I could be wrong, but I find that a lot of the items have wonky hit boxes so I'm having to try and get at them from awkward angles to pick them up.

The hardest thing for me is my skill that has robots drop extra mods. You hardly can ever pick those up. You can pick up the crafting material though most the time.

I find that climbing or jumping on top of their bodies usually allows you to pick up the parts. However sometimes the game will glitch when you do that and launch you 500m out.

I seen that a couple time, it's annoying but it's not like every 2 objects is not lootable. From my gameplay, over 20 hours i encounter maybe a dozen of it.

I also get random items I can't pick up. sometimes it doesn't even let me loot bodies, just acts like it isn't there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding these about the place. And yes I've had issues picking up things that I can clearly see but something nearby is hogging the cursor. Really annoying when you want to grab eddies but *have* to pick up the burger first.

cannot pick up.jpg

Yeah this is really annoying, looking right at something it even gives you the info but nooooo can't pick it up I can run around in circles for 10 mins and eventually it'll let me pick it up the dot on my screen doesn't acutally point where I get the option to pick it up.

Top Bottom