Cannot Play the Game

+
I pre-purchased cyberpunk 2077, and I've waited months. When it released I downloaded the update, and began playing. After playing through the game a bit, I found a spot in the combat tutorial where I could consistently crash, so I couldn't play the tutorial. After that, I decided to turn up the graphics, just for fun, and to see in my computer could handle it. After I clicked on the highest option, the game crashed instantly. Now, every time I try to launch the game, it will bring up the projectred screen, then immediately crash. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game about 6 times now, and the game being a 60 gb game, it definitely takes awhile to download. I've searched for someone who has had this same issue, but I can't find anything. I bought the game on steam, and I even deleted the cloud save for the game- but nothing is working. I

Attachments

• report.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 102
i have this same behavior sometimes and the only solution i've been able to come up with is completley delete this folder:

C:\Users\Katie\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 - it contains your Cache and your Usersettings.json (config/graphic settings).

If i delete the cache it doesnt fix, if it delete user settings it doesnt fix, but if i delete the whole folder it seems to fix. but its only 30 minutes before i get a normal crash while playing then a subsequent crash-on-launch after that.

The reason uninstalling didnt help you is because uninstalling doesn't touch this folder.

i expect your crash is similar to mine though so dont expect this to fix it forever.

i have this same behavior sometimes and the only solution i've been able to come up with is completley delete this folder:

C:\Users\Katie\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 - it contains your Cache and your Usersettings.json (config/graphic settings).

If i delete the cache it doesnt fix, if it delete user settings it doesnt fix, but if i delete the whole folder it seems to fix. but its only 30 minutes before i get a normal crash while playing then a subsequent crash-on-launch after that.

The reason uninstalling didnt help you is because uninstalling doesn't touch this folder.

i expect your crash is similar to mine though so dont expect this to fix it forever.
Thank you, I've already tried deleting the user settings folder. Hopefully this fixes it. Thanks again.

Top Bottom