Cannot use Mouse/Keyboard/Controller

+
Hi, I'm on PC (tried both Steam and GOG versions) and I can't play the game due to the controls not working. The situation is this:

- The user interface shows the buttons for an xbox controller, even if I don't have my controller plugged in (even after a restart).
- It says "Push A" to continue, but pushing A on the controller (when plugged in) or keyboard does nothing.
- Pushing another button, like B to skip the tutorial does work - but obviously I don't want to do that!
- The mouse pointer is not shown, it's being actively hidden. I can briefly see when Alt + Tab/Alt + F4 it's like a hand.
- The keyboard does seem to be responsive, but I don't know what keys to press as all the onscreen UI prompts are for controller.

I'd prefer to be able to play with mouse and keyboard, but even if controller could be gotten working that would be useful.

I don't have this problem on any other games (including Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk) so it's definitely something specific to Gwent.

Any help appreciated!

Did you ever get a solution to this issue?

I've got the exact same issue and I know the culprit, it's either a previously used controller or a HOTAS setup. The ONLY way for me to get GWENT working is to uninstall the wireless XBox controller driver (which reinstalls as soon as the controller pairs of bluetooth) or uninstall my logitech X56 HOTAS, restart the PC, then login. Which is an absolute pain....

The game needs to default to the most recent input or have an option to toggle what device we want to use. It's that simple...

It's known and being worked on
Post automatically merged:

It's known and being worked on
this worked for me!

Last edited:
Top Bottom