Cannot Use my Mouse Properly Because the Game Shows the Xbox Keybinding

+
Press A to begin - keyboard change?

Hi,

after starting Gwent on my PC with keyboard i have to "Press A to begin" (X-Box vaiant?). How can i change it to keyboard?

Many thanks in Advance.

Kind regards

Attachments

• photo168951.jpg
    photo168951.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 257
Right_Left thread merged

If the game responds to keyboard and mouse clicks, you can just ignore the bindings. If it doesn't, you can try to unplug your controller and restart Windows. Other things you can try (thanks to the users for reporting):

I found short term solution but it's not a good solution for people who use gamepad in other games. Gwent uses xinput and loading it always when games starts, to resolve our problem just go to C:\Windows\System32 and found xinput1_3.dll and rename it, xinput1_3-old.dll is ok. Now when you start the game it will be unable for exe to load settings for gamepad and game will run in forced mouse and keyboard mode. For me everything works flawless now. If someone of you use gamepad in other games then you need to rename it again to xinput1_3.dll when you finish playing in gwent.

I found a solution for this issue.. The conflict is caused by a software called "vJoy".. I don't know why I had it installed but just uninstall it and PROBLEM SOLVED! (If you don't have that "vJoy" installed try to uninstall any third party program for the controls)

Another way:

- Right Click on My Computer and select 'Manage'
- Select 'Device Manager' from the pane on the left
- Expand 'Human Interface Devices'
- Right click on 'HID-compiant game controller' and select 'Disable'
- Done!

Changing input controls to keyboard and mous/deactivate controler

Hi,
I wanted to try the game as I liked Gwent in Witcher. My problem is when I start the game all input controls are expected to be by a controler. Is there an option to change this? Perhaps via some .ini files as I cannot navigate through the ingame menues.
I have several devices connected (Stick, pedals, throttle) and unplugging them is not an option as this might screw up my controls in other games and I don't want to assign all axis again when I want to play these games.
Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Forums, Ivan_Dolvich!

Unfortunately, there may be little that can be done that will not also affect other games. It sounds like you have 3rd-party drivers or controller software installed (common with products from Saitek, Razer, Logitech, etc.). These drivers may me interfering with Gwent's controls. If you don't use the features of these added software packages, you can uninstall them. Most controllers work just fine using PnP.

If you do use them, then you may simply have to uninstall the controller while playing Gwent. Depending on the hardware you're using, it may be as simple as plugging and unplugging whenever you want. I had the X-52 HOTAS Flight System years ago, and I could simply plug or unplug it at will. No need to reboot to get it working or anything. (Any axis you assign to either the driver's customization options or in-game controls will be saved even if the device is unplugged. I've never seen it work otherwise. These settings are saved as config files. If you're nervous about that, simply create manual back-ups of the files in question and store them in another folder or flash drive.)

If using PnP, the game should simply switch back-and-forth between whatever controller it's receiving input from...but things are still in beta...so...:rolleyes:...

Unable to access the game

Hi folks

I just installed the game and sadly, i am unable to play it. When i lauch the game, it asks me to press the A button, as if a gamepad was plugged in which is not the case at all. I tried to unistall / reinstall the game, but it seems like it still doesn't recognize the keyboard (or even the mouse) or mistaken it as a gamepad ? I never had this issue with any game ever.

Any idea on how to fix that ? Thanks !

Sarkissian_ thread merged

If unplugging the controller (and rebooting the PC) doesn't work, you can also try the things below (thanks to the users for reporting):

I found short term solution but it's not a good solution for people who use gamepad in other games. Gwent uses xinput and loading it always when games starts, to resolve our problem just go to C:\Windows\System32 and found xinput1_3.dll and rename it, xinput1_3-old.dll is ok. Now when you start the game it will be unable for exe to load settings for gamepad and game will run in forced mouse and keyboard mode. For me everything works flawless now. If someone of you use gamepad in other games then you need to rename it again to xinput1_3.dll when you finish playing in gwent.

I found a solution for this issue.. The conflict is caused by a software called "vJoy".. I don't know why I had it installed but just uninstall it and PROBLEM SOLVED! (If you don't have that "vJoy" installed try to uninstall any third party program for the controls)

Another way:

- Done!

Attackmack;n9523981 said:
We shouldnt have to uninstall other controllers to be able to use mouse/kb in the game...

It's not exactly a typical problem. On most computer you don't have to do anything like that.
But keep in mind, Gwent is still in Beta, so issues like that can sometimes happen.

We're sorry of the inconvenience but I'm sure the team is working hard to improve this and other issues of the game.

Sarkissian_;n9510721 said:
Hi folks

I just installed the game and sadly, i am unable to play it. When i lauch the game, it asks me to press the A button, as if a gamepad was plugged in which is not the case at all. I tried to unistall / reinstall the game, but it seems like it still doesn't recognize the keyboard (or even the mouse) or mistaken it as a gamepad ? I never had this issue with any game ever.

Any idea on how to fix that ? Thanks !
Attackmack;n9523981 said:
We shouldnt have to uninstall other controllers to be able to use mouse/kb in the game...

See my post above here.

If that's not solving the problem for you, then send the issue into Tech Support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Normally, using PnP for any controller will not introduce this issue. If, however, you have installed additional software that "hooks" the inputs from your controller, that's where issues like this arise. The problem is in various system configs, not the game directly. Players may not be aware of such software being installed, but it's there somewhere. Other things to consider are:

1.) overlay features through Galaxy / Steam / Origin
2.) anti-virus / -spyware / -malware (especially more "aggressive" programs like Norton, McAffee, Comodo...)
3.) firewalls, security settings
4.) custom .DLL files (such as those that are downloaded individually as tweaks or come packaged with mods -- Note: such files installed for other games can still affect the whole system)
5.) pre-installed software (bloatware) that is included in many off-the-shelf computer brands

Last edited:
Problem with control. Problem ze sterowaniem

After installing the Gwent and first launch I had the default pad control set, I can not change it because i dont have a pad. Can i somehow fix it?

Po zainstalowaniu Gwinta i pierwszym jego uruchomieniu miał ustawione domyślne sterowanie padem, nie jestem w stanie tego zmienić ponieważ nie mam pada. Da się to jakoś naprawić?

Last edited:
hdues4 thread merged

Another way:

- Done!

It works by deactivating some other devices... i had PS4 controller driver for Steam.
Driver deactivated and solved the problem.

4RM3D;n9595321 said:
hdues4 thread merged
Another way:
- Done!

this part of the thread actualy solved my issue.
unfortunately this will become an other issue once i try to use my Controller again.
why cant you guys just insert a Point for that in the Options of the game where i then an say

"Auto" (swaping between Controller/mouse) - which would be Default value
"Mouse only"
"Controler only"

I agree with Undeathly_Shadow. The solutions posted here are not really solutions at all. Yes pretty much all controllers can be unplugged and will work absolutely fine, but as some have mentioned before a whole lot of games that use these controllers will look for them when they are started and revert to a default M & KB control scheme if they are missing. It's a pain if me playing Gwent should create a significant risk of my control schemes in other games being accidentally ruined.

It would be nice if CD PROJEKT RED could comment on how they intend to solve this prior to release. I get that they are trying to be user friendly by hiding this as opposed to making it selectable in the config menu as Undeathly_Shadow suggested. However as long as their detection of an xBox gamepad, and hence disabling of the mouse pointer, will trigger on pretty much anything that uses Xinput not allowing people to override the automatic mode will be a problem.

NB: As far as I can tell the game is assuming I have an xBox gamepad attached due to my Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS. I don't want to unplug this as I do use it in a couple of other games and have some fairly comprehensive in-game keybindings in place which might get lost when I forget to plug it back in before they are launched.

Last edited:
aBoo3

My computer also has a Xbox controller connected while I am playing Gwent and the controller doesn't interfere with my game, probably because I am not using any third-party applications that messes with the detection of the controller. The issue is mostly those third-party apps. Regardless, I do agree it would be nice to have a manual override in the option menu. You can always contact support directly to make a suggestion. Maybe they can offer a different solution/workaround.

4RM3D;n10170412 said:
aBoo3

My computer also has a Xbox controller connected while I am playing Gwent and the controller doesn't interfere with my game, probably because I am not using any third-party applications that messes with the detection of the controller. The issue is mostly those third-party apps. Regardless, I do agree it would be nice to have a manual override in the option menu. You can always contact support directly to make a suggestion. Maybe they can offer a different solution/workaround.

If only things were that simple. With the computer in my living room, not the one where the HOTAS is used, this automatic switch occurs as well if any of my xBox controllers is turned on. If it's off and I just have the dongle connected nothing happens since the driver apparently only enables the actual Xinput API whenever a controller is on. I can try contacting support, but before I do could you clarify in your earlier statement if you were talking about having the dongle connected or the controller itself connected via a cable? Also are you using an Xbox One controller or a 360 controller.

aBoo3;n10177902 said:
could you clarify in your earlier statement if you were talking about having the dongle connected or the controller itself connected via a cable? Also are you using an Xbox One controller or a 360 controller.

I am using a wireless 360 controller. Even when it's enable, it does not interfere with my mouse and keyboard.

4RM3D;n10178172 said:
I am using a wireless 360 controller. Even when it's enable, it does not interfere with my mouse and keyboard.

Weird. In my case, like with most in the thread, the mouse pointer disappears on both computers if a gamepad or another Xinput device is detected. Everything still works, but without the pointer it's very hard to play.

Top Bottom