Cannot Use my Mouse Properly Because the Game Shows the Xbox Keybinding

+
Fixed the problem by restarting the game 4 times. For some reason the 4th time everything went back to normal o_O

The issue lies elsewhere, though. The problem is likely due to a third party driver interfering with Gwent. If, after unplugging all (Xbox) controllers, the problem still persists, please try the workarounds below:

I found short term solution but it's not a good solution for people who use gamepad in other games. Gwent uses xinput and loading it always when games starts, to resolve our problem just go to C:\Windows\System32 and found xinput1_3.dll and rename it, xinput1_3-old.dll is ok. Now when you start the game it will be unable for exe to load settings for gamepad and game will run in forced mouse and keyboard mode. For me everything works flawless now. If someone of you use gamepad in other games then you need to rename it again to xinput1_3.dll when you finish playing in gwent.

I found a solution for this issue.. The conflict is caused by a software called "vJoy".. I don't know why I had it installed but just uninstall it and PROBLEM SOLVED! (If you don't have that "vJoy" installed try to uninstall any third party program for the controls)

Another way:

- Right Click on My Computer and select 'Manage'
- Select 'Device Manager' from the pane on the left
- Expand 'Human Interface Devices'
- Right click on 'HID-compiant game controller' and select 'Disable'
- Done!

Also, perusing this thread might also give you some other suggestions.

I tried to play the game, but i couldn't get passed the tutorial. It kept not recognizing when I used my mouse or something. I can use my mouse to place cards on the field, I can right-click to cancel redrawing, but nothing else. I can't pick cards to redraw (have to use arrow keys and enter) and I can't skip my turn either. At all. When the game forced me to end my turn as part of the tutorial it let me do that no problem, but then we played the "real match" part of the tutorial, i laid out my cards, and i couldn't click the coin to finish, i clicked but nothing happened and i didn't know what keyboard button would do it for me, space and enter did nothing, so i had to end up just closing the game. does anyone know what is going on?

Just returned to gwent after a year of absence and have the issue with the controller too. I have a joystick and a xbox-controller connected and they both interfere with the keyboard-controls. As I also play other games (hard to imagine maybe...), i'm not willing to disconnect both controllers everytime i want to play gwent.
I have no third-party software managing my controllers on my pc, and they both work flawlessly in all other games. So the problem lies within gwent.

I'm rather staggered that the problem exists for nearly two years now an not one of the devs seems to care. It should be easy to fix: just raise the deadzone of the controller polling so that it just doesn't interfere anymore. Or add an option to disable controllers entirely in the game. Is this that hard to do? The automatic detection of the input method doesn't work in your game, and it's absolutely unnecessary to have it anyway.

Am returning to try Gwent again after many months of absence. Have installed Gwent client on my Windows 10 PC. Installation went OK. But when trying to play the game, I get a screen asking me to “consent to the new EULA”. It says it is necessary for me to play the new Gwent. There are three options: “I have read and accept the agreement”, “View User Agreement”, and “Exit”. I appears that the options are expecting a response from an XBOX controller because to accept the fore-mentioned options I must press (A), (RS), or (B) XBox Controller buttons, respectively. I cannot do this...I am on my PC! Cannot get out of this screen. Any help/ideas will be greatly appreciated. (I do have GWENT installed on my XBox One...seems to be working OK. But want it on my PC, to be played most of the time on my PC.)

Gwent EULA.jpg

I appears that the options are expecting a response from an XBOX controller because to accept the fore-mentioned options I must press (A), (RS), or (B) XBox Controller buttons, respectively. I cannot do this...I am on my PC!
Hmm... have you tried m&kb controls despite what the screen says? Could be it's just a visual error.

@Renkcer thread merged

The problem is likely due to a third party driver interfering with Gwent. If, after unplugging all (Xbox) controllers, the problem still persists, please try the workarounds below:

I found short term solution but it's not a good solution for people who use gamepad in other games. Gwent uses xinput and loading it always when games starts, to resolve our problem just go to C:\Windows\System32 and found xinput1_3.dll and rename it, xinput1_3-old.dll is ok. Now when you start the game it will be unable for exe to load settings for gamepad and game will run in forced mouse and keyboard mode. For me everything works flawless now. If someone of you use gamepad in other games then you need to rename it again to xinput1_3.dll when you finish playing in gwent.

I found a solution for this issue.. The conflict is caused by a software called "vJoy".. I don't know why I had it installed but just uninstall it and PROBLEM SOLVED! (If you don't have that "vJoy" installed try to uninstall any third party program for the controls)

Another way:

- Done!

Same problem here, thinks my PC is an xbox. What a slap in the face of the platform that made CD Projekt who they are.

Game uninstalled. Too many good options out there to waste time monkeying around trying to get this one to work.

I've been playing Gwent on PC using Xbox 360 Controller without an issue till today, and the latest Network Update to Gwent. In-game some of the button commands do not register from my controller. Can you look into fixing this, thanks much.

Last edited by a moderator:
When starting Gwent it incorrectly detects that I am playing on gamepad, even when it's off. May very well be confusing it with my HOTAS setup, but I won't be un-rigging my flight sim hookup to play a casual card game, especially since no other game/program in universe has the same issue. Can you guys fix it, or at least provide us with some insane thing like, I don't know, configurable input source so we can toggle between gamepad and kb+mouse?

Seems like this is an issue going since 2016 and... still not reslved, but here's hoping that for a change someone will have a solution. Or not.

I've read that this has been an issue since several years. Now it happened to 'me too': Can't play with mouse and keyboard since the recent expansion update. I tried every supposed solution so far: repairing the game, "-window" command line and uninstalling my Xbox controller – no change. Still only controller inputs possible/indicated. Gwent is the only game with this issue on my PC.

(Maybe an important info: when Alt-Tabbing to another window, the Gwent UI switches to the 'normal' PC input scheme. After returning to Gwent/making it the active window, it's controller time again.)

Are there any other/new approaches to fix this?

EDIT: Unplugged my Hotas and the normal mouse input is back. Wasn't the case before the expansion update.

Attachments

• 19-10-11 17;37;11001.jpg
    19-10-11 17;37;11001.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
So My Gwent auto decides its on an xbox, without supporting my keyboard/mouse, I googled it and it seems this problem has been around forever.
Dear devs im not gonna deinstall drivers / unplugg stuff from my pc to play your game.
So either man up and provide us with an Controller settings options where we can select with what we want to play, (its only 2020 you know), or keep your game.

Have you tried reinstalling or veryfing/repairing? If you have an xbox controller plugged in, maybe that's the issue, unplug it and try.

This problem is 2 years old and you havnt fixed it, and no the problem is not other software the problem is that your programers are too lazy/incompetent to offer a proper UI where I can select what I want to play with.
Post automatically merged:

Found an easy fix.

Attachments

• gwent_solution.PNG
    gwent_solution.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
This fixed it for me:
----------------------------
*** unplugged my gaming wheel (logitech g27) & shifter (trustmaster th8a) ***

Shame they couldn't code a proper fix for such a long time ;/

Alright, so here's the crux of the problem:

Today at the early morning I was playing Gwent just fine like the usual, by using a computer mouse as my default/preferred controlling device of choice. Somewhere around 11:00 (11AM) hours by Moscow time my local ISP had sudden unexpected problems and so my internet connection was completely cut right at the middle of one of the matches (so the game gave me an automatic loss due to timed out loss of connection). I then closed the game due to being unable to play it, for obvious reasons.

Then, since I was completely without any internet connection for several hours, I've decided to play some other game installed on my PC, a game that was 100% offline and didn't connect to anything at all, and it wasn't related to GOG's services/apps or CDPR in any way, shape, or form. To play this said offline game I was using Sony's official DualShock 4 (v2) joypad, which I usually connect via an official wireless USB dongle/adapter made by Sony for the said joypad. So, I've played my offline game for a couple hours just fine, before my ISP sorted out their issues and my internet connection was eventually restored back up at around 13:00 (1PM) by Moscow time. During all this time GOG galaxy and all other GOG/CDPR-related things were completely turned off.

When I got my internet back, I exited my offline game and turned my DualShock 4 completely off. Then I've launched my GOG galaxy client and Gwent back up...and noticed that my mouse doesn't work in the game anymore...and that the game now shows PlayStation's controls' overlay (L1/R1/R2/L2 buttons, cross/circle/triangle/square, the touch bar, and etc), and game itself controls only either from the said joypad, or by a keyboard. MY MOUSE STOPPED WORKING ENTIRELY (I can only move the cursor during the very first loading screen with CDPR's logo bird, then it disappears and my mouse doesn't work anymore from there on), only leaving joypad and the keyboard.

And I can't change this in game's own settings anywhere because there are NO controller type settings to choose from in the game to begin with, AND uninstalling/verifying/repairing game's files does NOTHING at all. I even tried to do everything at the same time (uninstalling, unplugging my wireless dongle, rebooting PC, then installing the game manually back on and verifying/repairing, then rebooting once again) and nothing helped so far. PLEASE someone help me with this. I absolutely cannot play this game with a joypad or ESPECIALLY by using a keyboard, it's an utter torture! I want my mouse controls back! This is clearly a bug of the game, since it applied PlayStation's (Direct Input configuration, I presume) control scheme/overlay while I was NOT enabling that on my own volition in any way, shape or form. I was playing a completely unrelated offline game with my DualShock 4 and during that time all of my GOG/CDPR services were completely turned off, so I sincerely don't know how in the hell this could've happened!

Here's a couple screenshots of how it looks like right now (it, obviously, wasn't like that at all, during this morning):

Attachments

• Should be a mouse not a joypad.png
    Should be a mouse not a joypad.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • Mouse doesn't work at all.png
    Mouse doesn't work at all.png
    575.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
@Master_Chen, it's a known issue that Gwent doesn't always respect the keyboard/mouse input. You could try the following:

Another way:

- Done!

Top Bottom