Cannot use or view lower tier Quickhacks in Cyberdeck

+

-tv

Forum regular
Issue:
Likely a design decision, but only the highest tier of a quickhack is visible if you access your Cyberdeck even if you have many in your actual backpack. I guess this prevents V from running duplicate cyberhacks but also limits V from running lower tier hacks (unless removed, sold, or stashed). This is inconsistent with other areas of the inventory where you can choose mods and the like.

Cyberdeck's Inventory:
1608164699877.png

V's Backpack/Vendor inventory:
1608165103365.png

Issue:
Likely a design decision, but only the highest tier of a quickhack is visible if you access your Cyberdeck even if you have many in your actual backpack. I guess this prevents V from running duplicate cyberhacks but also limits V from running lower tier hacks (unless removed, sold, or stashed). This is inconsistent with other areas of the inventory where you can choose mods and the like.

Cyberdeck's Inventory:
View attachment 11091524

View attachment 11091533

This may possibly be a bug...possibly be by design...

...but either way, it's a good argument. I'd recommend sending this in to CDPR Support directly.

Issue:

Cyberdeck's Inventory:
View attachment 11091524

View attachment 11091533
I believe it's by design because the ram cost is the same and cooldown is not longer so there's no benefit to using a lower tier instead. that said i would like it if they just showed them so it is easier to see how much better they are.

I believe it's by design because the ram cost is the same and cooldown is not longer so there's no benefit to using a lower tier instead. that said i would like it if they just showed them so it is easier to see how much better they are.

But the RAM cost is not always the same. A few of the quickhacks of the same type have an increased RAM cost. For example, Weapon Glitch has an increasing RAM cost of 4/5/6 for Uncommon/Rare/Epic, respectively. Overheat and Contagion do as well. Heck, Uncommon Whistle costs 2 RAM, while Rare Whistle costs 3 RAM.

There are times when I might want to slot a lower grade version of a quickhack in order to better complement the RAM costs of the other hacks in my deck, yet that's impossible with this bug.

Last edited:
But the RAM cost is not always the same. A few of the quickhacks of the same type have an increased RAM cost. For example, Weapon Glitch has an increasing RAM cost of 4/5/6 for Uncommon/Rare/Epic, respectively. Overheat and Contagion do as well. Heck, Uncommon Whistle costs 2 RAM, while Rare Whistle costs 3 RAM.

There are times when I might want to slot a lower grade version of a quickhack in order to better complement the RAM costs of the other hacks in my deck, yet that's impossible with this bug.

If it's not a bug, then it may simply be a design flaw. I totally get what you're saying, and that's exactly the way I tend to build my characters in RPGs. I don't try to "upgrade" my numbers, but rather look for ways of min-maxing a certain ability or skillset for uber effect. Hence, it looks like the design idea may have been to "streamline" the player's options by limiting the list to only the "best" of the hardware a character has in the inventory. However, it looks like the values used are providing options that are more than the sum of their parts. Missed opportunity!

Or...it's just a display / inventory bug. Either way, I think this should be reported!

So how do we report it? The CD Projekt Red technical support page for the game doesn't seem to have a category to report bugs of this nature. It seems like they only want to be bothered with specific types of bugs.

Top Bottom