Cannot use the phone anymore after "I Walk The Line", unable to progress in the story

+
Hey everyone,
so during "I Walk The Line" Placide would normally talk to you throughout the mission. On my playthrough he refused to do so and therefore I could not activate the cutscene when jacking into the van (it's not the Delamain phone bug, I was on the phone with Placide each time, he just didn't talk to me). Going back to an older savefile from before starting the mission wasn't an option either as I tried that about 5 times and the same issue occured each time. After browsing through reddit and some other forums I found a solution where somebody told me to go straight to the netwatch agent. This way I was loosing some dialogue, but could progress the mission. This way I was able to finish the mission and continue with the story. The issue is just that the phone call with Placide stayed active after the mission. The phone call disappeared after finishing the flashback in "Transmission" (weirdly the phone call even showed up in the flashback "Never Fade Away", it disappeared in the elevator in the atlantis bar). Now this story arch is complete in my playthrough, but even after the phone call disappeared my phone remains blocked and unuseable to me. Right now I cannot progress in the story as I need to call somebody, but cannot access the phone. The common solutions to phone bugs like calling someone from the quest menu (option doesn't show up for me since having this bug) or going to a delamain sidequest / gig to force a call (call just gets skipped and mission/gig beginns without briefing) didn't work for me either. I'm quite desperate for help as I've tried anything to resolve this issue, but nothing worked so far. I would very much like to not have to start over my entire playthrough as I have already put about 60h into the game. I also already tried verifying files / reinstalling the game
Video of the issue:

Last edited:
Hello, same phone problem triggered by the delamain quest, can't use it anymore, I have no save where the bug wasn't already there, i have tried everything nothing work, time to finally fix this bug.

Hello, same phone problem triggered by the delamain quest, can't use it anymore, I have no save where the bug wasn't already there, i have tried everything nothing work, time to finally fix this bug.
You don't have old auto-saves available?

Honestly, except reloading a save before the problem occured, I don't see how it's possible to fix it by your own :(
At least (if reloading a save is not possible), you can send a ticket to the support for help (and to report this bug).
(it's never a good idea to keep playing on a save where there is a bug on it...)

The bug has been reported by many other players, i play on ps4, i don't think support can do anything for me.

The bug has been reported by many other players, i play on ps4, i don't think support can do anything for me.
Maybe not, but more reports, the better (and it's maybe better to not "count" on other to do it in your place. Because maybe the "other players" think the same... useless to do it because many other players already did it and at the end, no one did it...)
It also could be easier to CDPR to figure out how/why/when it happen and fix it faster (because it's not a "general" bug and it only concern "few" players).

You'll have to reload the save to state where phone was accessible.
Cannot do that, don't have such old saves available now. I tried the the roleback to older saves when the issue first occured, but the mission was bugged for me each time. So eventually I gave up and kept going with skipping the van.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, except reloading a save before the problem occured, I don't see how it's possible to fix it by your own :(
At least (if reloading a save is not possible), you can send a ticket to the support for help (and to report this bug).
(it's never a good idea to keep playing on a save where there is a bug on it...)
Well I replayed the mission a few times and hoped for the issue to resolve itself after killing Placide in "Transmission". Already contacted the support, but I haven't heard from them back for quite a while, so I figured I'ld give the forums a shot. Do you by any chance have experience with CDPR's support and roughly know how long their typical response time is? All I found were people complaining about having to wait up to months, but that was shortly after Cyberpunk's launch. So the support was probably swarmed by complaints/refund requests at the time.

Last edited:
Do you by any chance have experience with CDPR's support and roughly know how long their typical response time is?
I suppose it depend of the bug and the number of reports that they have to deal with. I receive answers for all the bugs/issues that I have reported. But sometimes few days and sometimes few weeks later.
Well I replayed the mission a few times and hoped for the issue to resolve itself after killing Placide in "Transmission".
Sound too late, but you really should have kept the save before starting the quest or at least, continue to play on it leaving this quest aside for the time being (a save before meet Placide for the first time or even before entering in the chapel).

I'm pretty sure there would have been a way to pass this quest normally by doing it differently.
- Check that Placide speaks to you when leaving the Bathy (to check the connection).
- Check if placide speaks to you justy before talking to his buddies.
- Connecting to the van "discreetly" without been detected (or fight everybody before connecting to the van).
- Fight Sasquatch only after connecting to the van.

Last edited:
Top Bottom