Cannot walk when on a boat

+
Apologies, I didn't know if I was allowed to write my issue here. It is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I cannot move when I walk onto a boat, Geralt is just stuck walking in place. I can jump and even use the boat, but I cannot physically move him unless I jump. This doesn't seem like a huge issue until you're stuck jumping and spamming "e" trying to sit down. It's even worse when you have sirens dive bombing you.
I'm on the steam GOTY version, my specs are: RTX 2080 Super, 32 gb ram, I7-9700k processor, windows 10 64 bit
My mod list: All quest objectives on map, fast travel from anywhere (used script merger to fix inconsistencies), indestructible items, no dirty lens effect, infinite roach stamina, no time for gwent, over 9000 weight limit.
I've tried loading previous saves to no effect, the problem persist even in those save files. I've verified the game cache to no effect. I've removed my mods and tried it, the problem persist. I've even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it without mods, the problem persist.
I don't believe the mods are the issue, I've used these mods in multiple playthroughs with the exception of "all quest objectives on map". Furthermore, none of the mods mentioned have anything to do with boats. Other than this one annoyance, the game has run perfectly. The only thing I should mention is this was a whole new game because this pc I am using is new, and I wanted to strain its limits. What better way to test a pc than run the Witcher 3 on max settings.
Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Mods can affect your save games too. Removing them might not be enough. I don‘t know if that can be fixed without a fresh start or by trying various older save game...

Mods can affect your save games too. Removing them might not be enough. I don‘t know if that can be fixed without a fresh start or by trying various older save game...
Thank you for responding. Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. Well, my issue is just a minor annoyance so i'll just deal with it. If I playthrough it again (which I will because the Witcher 3 is easily my favorite game of all time), I'll ensure to remove my mods and start anew.

Apologies, I didn't know if I was allowed to write my issue here. It is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I cannot move when I walk onto a boat, Geralt is just stuck walking in place. I can jump and even use the boat, but I cannot physically move him unless I jump. This doesn't seem like a huge issue until you're stuck jumping and spamming "e" trying to sit down. It's even worse when you have sirens dive bombing you.
I'm on the steam GOTY version, my specs are: RTX 2080 Super, 32 gb ram, I7-9700k processor, windows 10 64 bit
My mod list: All quest objectives on map, fast travel from anywhere (used script merger to fix inconsistencies), indestructible items, no dirty lens effect, infinite roach stamina, no time for gwent, over 9000 weight limit.
I've tried loading previous saves to no effect, the problem persist even in those save files. I've verified the game cache to no effect. I've removed my mods and tried it, the problem persist. I've even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it without mods, the problem persist.
I don't believe the mods are the issue, I've used these mods in multiple playthroughs with the exception of "all quest objectives on map". Furthermore, none of the mods mentioned have anything to do with boats. Other than this one annoyance, the game has run perfectly. The only thing I should mention is this was a whole new game because this pc I am using is new, and I wanted to strain its limits. What better way to test a pc than run the Witcher 3 on max settings.
Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any help you guys can give me.

If you're running with unlimited FPS, turn on Vsync and/or try locking the FPS to either 120 or 60. Very often, unlimited FPS will create collision detection and phsyics errors in games. (Dark Souls 1 and 2, as well as all Bethesda titles, are notorious for this.)

If it happens with only with certain boats, it's likely just the collision detection on those boat models. At that point, we simply fall back on "old logic":

PATIENT: Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!

DOCTOR: Then don't do that.

If you're running with unlimited FPS, turn on Vsync and/or try locking the FPS to either 120 or 60. Very often, unlimited FPS will create collision detection and phsyics errors in games. (Dark Souls 1 and 2, as well as all Bethesda titles, are notorious for this.)

If it happens with only with certain boats, it's likely just the collision detection on those boat models. At that point, we simply fall back on "old logic":

PATIENT: Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!

DOCTOR: Then don't do that.
You hit the nail on the head. I wasn't sure if I should've mentioned it, but sometimes Geralt would get stuck on stairs, trying to get through destroyed walls, etc. But it would only be for half a second so I didn't think to mention it. I locked the fps to 60 in-game, and the boat works fine now. Now the main problem is dealing with 60 fps when I am used to unlimited fps. I may download RTSS and lock the game to 120 frames, or try to go as high as I can without triggering the boat glitch. Thank you so much for the response and fix.

You hit the nail on the head. I wasn't sure if I should've mentioned it, but sometimes Geralt would get stuck on stairs, trying to get through destroyed walls, etc. But it would only be for half a second so I didn't think to mention it. I locked the fps to 60 in-game, and the boat works fine now. Now the main problem is dealing with 60 fps when I am used to unlimited fps. I may download RTSS and lock the game to 120 frames, or try to go as high as I can without triggering the boat glitch. Thank you so much for the response and fix.

Glad it was an easy fix!

What you can do is set the refresh to 120 Hz, then lower the Vsync to half-refresh rate. That will leave the response time very smooth, but still ensure the game only renders 60 FPS.

Top Bottom