Can't beat the griffin in NG+...

+
Can't beat the griffin in NG+...

I'm playing on normal difficulty with a level 38 Geralt. I have full ofieri armor and the sword called Sarrim yet the fucker still kills me in two strikes so I have to constantly roll everywhere waiting to get enough stamina to cast quen. When I do I can only hit him twice before he hits me because he's immuned to northern wind bombs.

You are talking about that first Griffin contract in White Orchard? If you are in NG+, try to use some Griffin Decotion if you have any? Try some other bombs? Use exploding bolts? And stay out of the Griffins way :( Hit it when ever you can and then take a break and load your stamina and eat food to load your vitality full. And was there some damage reduction taken from monsters in those Witcher gears? Try to change armor in to Witcher Gear.

Don't remember if Ofieri armor is heavy/medium/light, but light armor makes you faster.

You are talking about that first Griffin contract in White Orchard? If you are in NG+, try to use some Griffin Decotion if you have any? Try some other bombs? Use exploding bolts? And stay out of the Griffins way :( Hit it when ever you can and then take a break and load your stamina and eat food to load your vitality full. And was there some damage reduction taken from monsters in those Witcher gears? Try to change armor in to Witcher Gear.

Don't remember if Ofieri armor is heavy/medium/light, but light armor makes you faster.
Mhm, I sold my mastercrafted feline armor :/

Mhm, I sold my mastercrafted feline armor :/

Go back to that merchant and see if it is still there (if you can go back). Some of the stuff I've sold are still available at those merchants. Any luck with the Griffin yet? You can also turn your game easy. If you are playing normal difficulty, you don't lose any trophies, if I remember correctly.

There is also Temerian Armor Set, which you can buy from that White Orchard merchant near the inn (if you can't leave White Orchard yet). It includes damage reduction from monsters.

Go back to that merchant and see if it is still there (if you can go back). Some of the stuff I've sold are still available at those merchants. Any luck with the Griffin yet? You can also turn your game easy. If you are playing normal difficulty, you don't lose any trophies, if I remember correctly.

There is also Temerian Armor Set, which you can buy from that White Orchard merchant near the inn (if you can't leave White Orchard yet). It includes damage reduction from monsters.

I sold the armor before NG+ to get some money to craft my current silver sword. I'll look for the temerian armor to see if its better than ofieri.

I would suggest superior maribor forest elixer, wraith decoction, and maybe full moon elixer to build up your defenses, and have the yellow ability "rage management" to recast quen on yourself whenever you have a point of adrenaline. also stormy rainy weather and superior thunderbolt to boost your offense. if you cast off adrenaline with rage management you can both roll and attack and still cast signs. oh and armor in ng+ does not make a big difference defensively uness you specifically respec to bear heavy school. that gives a bit more defense but then you are less mobile.

Griffin only charges if he has energy and space... farther you are from him, more likely he will charge at you.. ideally, you need to bet behind him, for quick attacks. try having Quen up, and get it up when he breaks it. And dont give him space or time.. more you hesitate, faster he replenishes stamina and he will jump at you again...

Thanks for the tricks! I finally beat him by maxing out the first heavy attack perk and my blows dealt like 5 times more dmg than fast attacks! I didn't even get hit once this time around.

Top Bottom