Can't bind aim to other keys after 2.1 update

+
Same problem here. Under RMB I have walk and now zoom simultaneously. xD

Please fix aim/zoom, free the right mouse button. ;)

I experience this on mouse SteelSeries Aerox 5.

I'm headed over to CET Discord to see if they can help me figure out the UserSettings.json and inputUserMappings.xml files. I've disabled cloud backup on Steam, and now I'm trying to figure out why every time I change the bindings in the files and reboot the game, it auto-reverts to what it was before. Really stinks because I don't enjoy trying to play a game that doesn't allow for the bindings I've used forever. It also doesn't let me do *any* rebinding if I don't bind literally every. single. function, which it didn't do before.

Update completely destroyed my custom keybindings via config file, had to redo the bindings from scratch. I honestly can't understand how they messed up the bindings in general, they do know that there are left handed players out there.

Now they hard bound aiming as well, why should they do this? Can't think of any reason. Especially as tweaking hard bound keys in the config file works flawless.

There are issues with other bindings too, for example conversations are now binded to 'F' button and can't be changed. For left-handed (like me) it makes the game almost unplayable :/

What about deleting the UserSettings.ini under C:\users\[your user id]\AppData\Local\CD Project Red\Cyberpunk 2077\?

You have to remap the keys in your inputUserMappings.xml file (specifically the InspectionZoom mapping is what worked for me) from IK_RightMouse to whatever your key is.

You also have to remap your keys in your UserSettings.json file.

You can find a tutorial for where these two files are located at https://tarantulo.lt/how-to/cyberpunk-2077-how-to-rebind-keys/.

Hope this helps. You sort of can't destroy your game by modifying these two files, because if all else fails, just delete them both from your computer and then validate all files through Steam. If for some reason it doesn't work, it's fairly easy to figure it out:

1. Open each file separately in a text editor,
2. Do a search for RightMouse,
3. Change the value to your chosen keybinding for ONE key.
4. Save.
5. Launch game.
6. See if it worked.
7. If not, return to step 1 and change the next value.

Some of the values you might change are sort of obvious. Some are not. But if I could figure it out, you can too!

My inputUserMappings.xml file is attached. If you look at it, I replaced "RightMouse" with "Z" in the bindings and my game is finally beginning to behave as normal. You will need to rename this file to .xml instead of .txt if you want to end up using it for some reasaon.

Now I'm going to go get some Judy lovin'.

Attachments

• inputUserMappings.txt
    72.5 KB · Views: 143
After update 2.1 i can't run. If i take my mouse button right to run/ walk, than comes a zoom function and my char only walk. Inventory is not overload, Key setting is the same bevor the new update. The button for change walk/run not goes too.

- Character only walk
- by walking zoom effect lol wtf is this? remove it!
Post automatically merged:

Same here. And only walk. No running. if i press the button for switching walk/run not go. Wtf.

Last edited:
You have to remap the keys in your inputUserMappings.xml file (specifically the InspectionZoom mapping is what worked for me) from IK_RightMouse to whatever your key is.

You can find a tutorial for where these two files are located at https://tarantulo.lt/how-to/cyberpunk-2077-how-to-rebind-keys/.

Hope this helps. You sort of can't destroy your game by modifying these two files, because if all else fails, just delete them both from your computer and then validate all files through Steam. If for some reason it doesn't work, it's fairly easy to figure it out:

4. Save.
5. Launch game.
6. See if it worked.

Some of the values you might change are sort of obvious. Some are not. But if I could figure it out, you can too!

My inputUserMappings.xml file is attached. If you look at it, I replaced "RightMouse" with "Z" in the bindings and my game is finally beginning to behave as normal. You will need to rename this file to .xml instead of .txt if you want to end up using it for some reasaon.

Ah thanks, inputUserMappings.xml is the one I was missing.

I aim with middle button and jump with right button, so obviously this bug made the game kinda unplayable and UserSettings.json wasn't enough to fix it.

Ended up having to go through inputUserMappings.xml, putting "IK_RightMouse" on *every* element with **overridableUI="jump"** and "IK_MiddleMouse" on *every* element with **overridableUI="aim"**.

Just changing InspectionZoom wasn't enough. I suspect RangedADS_Button to have been the one, but changing everything seemed like the simpler option :)

Anyway, thanks again for the file pointer.

For me (on PC) AIMING with right mouse button is simply NOT WORKING at all !
Did not try to re-bind to another button cos it's always been on rmb - but now I can klick as much as I want and nothing happens.

In combination with the now useless sonic shock hack it's simply a catastrophe for my gameplay. (n)
And thinking of CDPRs slow bug fixing it might be unplayable for weeks...

Can't unbind the new radio thingy either. I had binded something else under Z, now it switches back to radio every time.

Ah thanks, inputUserMappings.xml is the one I was missing.

I aim with middle button and jump with right button, so obviously this bug made the game kinda unplayable and UserSettings.json wasn't enough to fix it.

Ended up having to go through inputUserMappings.xml, putting "IK_RightMouse" on *every* element with **overridableUI="jump"** and "IK_MiddleMouse" on *every* element with **overridableUI="aim"**.

Just changing InspectionZoom wasn't enough. I suspect RangedADS_Button to have been the one, but changing everything seemed like the simpler option :)

Anyway, thanks again for the file pointer.
That's really cool you figured it out! I'm not sure I would've been able to figure that one out. Nice, choom!

Can't unbind the new radio thingy either. I had binded something else under Z, now it switches back to radio every time.
I was able to modify this using the two files I wrote about above. Good luck!

Update completely messed up mouse and key bindings, hope they patch this. Thank God I finished PL before this update.

Same exact thing is happening to me.

Last edited:
This is a total failure, how can you screw up such a basic functionality as assigning keys, the game is unplayable, I don't want to dig into the game files to replace ppm with space, fuck, I just wanted to go to Night City after work

4. Save.
5. Launch game.
6. See if it worked.

Well, I managed to follow your post, analize both of the files you mentioned and edit the inputUserMapping file, I set the Aim to Mouse4. Now it seems to be working fine again. I will play the game later to give a good try, but at least I finally removed the Aim from my RightMouse for Forward setting.

Thanks a lot. I'll keep you posted in case something happens.

Top Bottom