Can't Buy Ammo ?

+
I can only get pistol, shotgun and sniper ammo.
I have nearly ran out of ammo for rifles but i cannot buy any anywhere ?!

I can only get pistol, shotgun and sniper ammo.
I have nearly ran out of ammo for rifles but i cannot buy any anywhere ?!

You should be able to craft it by default. If need be, you can hold "Z" to dismantle grey weapons to produce the components needed to craft ammo.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it mentions " Crafting Spec "
I opened the menu, click crafting, click rifle ammo and then it says blocked and turns red

Attachments

• punk.png
    punk.png
    3 MB · Views: 78
Thanks for the reply. Yeah it mentions " Crafting Spec "
I opened the menu, click crafting, click rifle ammo and then it says blocked and turns red

Oh wow that's interesting. I've never seen it blocked like that and I've been crafting it for most of my current playthrough. Are you in combat per chance or maybe an area where crafting is blocked (if that's even a thing)?
Post automatically merged:

Oh wow that's interesting. I've never seen it blocked like that and I've been crafting it for most of my current playthrough. Are you in combat per chance or maybe an area where crafting is blocked (if that's even a thing)?

Oh wait I just realized it's because you don't have any components, see the 0/10 ? You can make components by going into your backpack and dismantling weapons. So pick up some grey weaps, go to backpack and hold "z" to dismantle into components, and then you should be able to craft.

nice one ... Why do I have to craft now ? At the beginning of the game i could just buy as much ammo as i wanted ?

So to keep crafting it's best to keep looting items right ?

nice one ... Why do I have to craft now ? At the beginning of the game i could just buy as much ammo as i wanted ?

That I'm not sure and it's a great question. As far as I can tell, crafting the ammo is the intended way to restock, but you might try checking gunsmiths, although I haven't had much luck. You might also check your stash room, as I recall at the beginning of the game that was one way to refill your ammo.

That said, crafting it is pretty efficient. You can craft hundreds of rounds of rifle ammo in just a few crafts.

So to keep crafting it's best to keep looting items right ?
From what i can tell, the gun smiths seem to only sell 1 type of ammo, if they sell at all. Crafting it yourself is the cheapest way to get ammo. Dismantle, dismantle, and dismantle to get the common components - what i mostly do in the game anyway lol.

Never had to craft any ammo. Every location where you do a quest, even the police assault in progress ones, will have ammo in containers or one bodies. You just need to search.

Top Bottom