CANT BUY Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty BUNDLE STEAM

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CANT BUY Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty BUNDLE
When I click to buy it, it says I own everything in the pack, but I dont own phantom liberty ! And the price is only for the full bundle althou I have the main game .....(it even says its in library) ..... What gives !?!?!??

PS: No developers on steam forums ??? LOL ! I wanted to send an email to support, no where to be found ...
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• 11111111111111111111xxxxx.png
    11111111111111111111xxxxx.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 11111111111111111111xxxxxxxx.png
    11111111111111111111xxxxxxxx.png
    88 KB · Views: 33
You try to buy the expansion only?
Not the game + Phantom Liberty? (Ultimate Edition, which is simply the game + the expansion, nothing more. No point to buy it if you already have the game^^)
Like here (-15% - 25,49€) :

Well if I get the bundle I get an extra 8% price reduction , the reason I wanna get it , if not working then I wont buy it anymore ....will w8 for heavy price discounts in 2 years

Buying the bundle (game+expansion) would be a waste of money if you already have the game, clearly... There is nothing in the bundle you wouldn't have if you simply buy the expansion alone (you would pay 50E instead of 25E for nothing...)

I see you posted this on the Steam forums as well. Like someone there suggested, this sounds like something for Steam Support, unless this little 1 explains the issue somewhere further down the page:

1715946207167.png

It certainly should be possible to buy bundles even when you already own some of the included items. I've done it many times, often precisely because it's offered a (better) discount.

well yes thats why Im here , the guy who responded " to buy as a gift" has the same issue as mine without him realizing it

Ok i will contact steam ....

ALSO, this should be the developers issue not mine XD ......just saying .... its a problem that most ppl may have ,me and as confirmed by the other person on steam forums

PS, I cant click the little 1 thingy ....

Last edited:
This isn't going to change.

This is how Steam works. They have 2 or 3 different types of bundles structureasand developers choose which one they want.

One of them is this type of bundle where it is meant for people who don't own both products. You aren't supposed to be able to buy it as bundle if you own one of the products.

This is clearly one of those. CDPR chose this and they're not suddenly going to change it because you're asking for it. The bundle, simply put, isn't intended for you. It's likely not an instantaneous process either.

Anyway, as @LeKill3rFou said, why even bother? You're getting hung up on an 8% extra discount. You're saving 4 euros but you're still paying 25 euros more than if you bought the expansion on it's own.

Man, a moderator from this forum said "I see you posted this on the Steam forums as well. Like someone there suggested, this sounds like something for Steam Support,"

You get the extra 15% discount and if u buy with bundle u also get an + 8%discount, so its a better price o_0 .....And why bother ? well cuz money dont grow on trees, unless you are a lumberjack XD

You get the extra 15% discount and if u buy with bundle u also get an + 8%discount, so its a better price o_0 .....And why bother ? well cuz money dont grow on trees, unless you are a lumberjack XD
Well... not sure I understand your reasoning...
- You can pay 50E with a higher discount buying the game (again) and the expansion.
or
- You can pay 25E with lower discount buying the expansion alone.

Knowing you won't get any additional/extra content at all, by buying the bundle, if money don't grow on trees, for me, it seem cheaper to only pay 25E despite of the discount instead of 50E... but hey I might be wrong :D

On aside note, I think it's pretty fair from Steam to not let you buy something you already owned :cool:

......OMG.......Now the game is at 25 euros, if I get it thru a bundle I get extra 8% discount like idk, 22-23 euro price .... for the same DLC

......OMG.......Now the game is at 25 euros, if I get it thru a bundle I get extra 8% discount like idk, 22-23 euro price .... for the same DLC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you want to buy the DLC at the price it is in the bundle?
Reassure me, you know how "bundle" work? You're aware bundles are sold complete and complete only?

You can't buy the DLC "alone" at the price it is in the Bundle. It's either the bundle (game+expansion) at 50E, either nothing?
So with the bundle, you will pay 50E, no matter what and will buy the game again for no reason :D

You don't seem to understand what you're fighting to buy here.

You are buying a bundle that contains a game you already own and it's expansion. This bundle is structured in such a way that you cannot buy one without the other. That is one of the options Steam offers for bundles and it's the one CDPR chose. People with the original game are not the target audience. This bundle is for people who don't own any of the two products and it's why you can't buy it.

The rest is basic math. Fighting to buy this bundle means you are spending 50€ for a product you already own and one you do not. Meanwhile the product you do not own, by itself, is 25€. You are effectively fighting to pay 25€ more than you need to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you want to buy the DLC at the price it is in the bundle?
Reassure me, you know how "bundle" work? You're aware bundles are sold complete and complete only?

To be fair, it's not how every bundle on Steam works.

There are three bundle structures in total if I recall correctly, one in which every product you already own will be discounted from the price, one where you will simply not get another key for the products you already own but no discount and this one where owning a single product from the bundle means you can't buy the bundle because it's meant to be bought as a single item.

I'm really confused. Does the original poster own the base game or not? If they do, then why on earth would they pay MORE money for the bundle to get the base game AGAIN than they would for Phantom Liberty?

Or has the poster bought the base game but not played it, in which case they intend to refund the existing copy and buy it again as part of the bundle?

If the latter is the case, why don't they just refund it, then??

50 Euros is not less than 25 Euros, regardless of the percentage reduction in the bundle. And, no, you cannot retrospectively claim the bundle discount for a game you have already bought and played. You would have to pay the full price of the bundle ON TOP OF the amount you already paid for the base game.

Eighter you guys are trolling, eighter you dont really know how steam bundles work ....
BTW The devs has set it this way, (confirmed in the img attached ), 99% of the devs set it for you to get also the dlc (meaning if you have 10 games already and u need one more dlc at 10 euros reduced from 15, if the bundle gives you extra discount 10%, then you will pay 9 euros) .

Geeeweee "thanks" cdproject for the opportunity to support your games early on and then throw with garbage at your later users !

Attachments

• tnx cdprojectbrown.png
    tnx cdprojectbrown.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 22
Eighter you guys are trolling, eighter you dont really know how steam bundles work ....
BTW The devs has set it this way, (confirmed in the img attached ), 99% of the devs set it for you to get also the dlc (meaning if you have 10 games already and u need one more dlc at 10 euros reduced from 15, if the bundle gives you extra discount 10%, then you will pay 9 euros) .

Geeeweee "thanks" cdproject for the opportunity to support your games early on and then throw with garbage at your later users !
Oh... surprisingly we were kinda right, isn't it. It's a "all-or-nothing" type of bundle... how surprising! :rolleyes:
Even more surprising, players can buy the expansion alone if they already own the game...

"bundle | BUSINESS ENGLISH
bundle
noun [ C ]
UK /ˈbʌndl/ US
Add to word list
COMMERCE, MARKETING

a combination of products, services, or pieces of equipment that are supplied together or sold as a group:
Phone companies depend on being able to sell a bundle of services - long-distance, local calling, Internet access, wireless - to be profitable.
software bundles"

I can't say I've ever seen someone accuse others of trolling and not understanding how something works while simultaneously telling these same people they are right. All in the same breath.

This is a new one for me.

Oh... surprisingly we were kinda right, isn't it. It's a "all-or-nothing" type of bundle... how surprising! :rolleyes:
Even more surprising, players can buy the expansion alone if they already own the game...
Have you read the "moreover " part ?? It is set by the developers this way, the good developers set what I wrote above but you dont seem to want to understand .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom