Can't change graphics options

+
Can't change graphics options

Hello!

I was tweaking my graphics settings yesterday and then it kinda broke or something. I usually have the High settings on but after my attempt to tweak the settings it all went down to low. Now it doesn't matter what kind of settings i have in the options menu, it all looks like it's on low in-game.
I've tried removing the "config" folder but nothing changed.

Is there a way to fix this without re-installing?

Thank you

I don't know if this is applicable, but try going into the configuration and load the Ultra profile. Change nothing else, and simply save the change and launch the game. Once you're on the main menu of the game, you can exit the game again and go back to the configuration program and change the individual settings back to how you want them.

I noticed, almost by coincidence, that this is something you must do in order for the game to load the high quality textures; these settings do not appear individually among the configuration options, for some reason. It's usually best to make sure the game reads the Ultra profile first, and then you tweak things manually from there (but remember to launch the game first), preferably by directly editing the user.ini file yourself and not use the configuration tool at all. Either that, or by using this program.

Vinterberg said:
Try and set the config file to read-only ...

Where did you tweak: in the advanced options menu, or did you edit the config file?

No i didn't tamper with the config file. Just the advanced options menu.

Vinterberg said:
I don't know if this is applicable, but try going into the configuration and load the Ultra profile. Change nothing else, and simply save the change and launch the game. Once you're on the main menu of the game, you can exit the game again and go back to the configuration program and change the individual settings back to how you want them.

I noticed, almost by coincidence, that this is something you must do in order for the game to load the high quality textures; these settings do not appear individually among the configuration options, for some reason. It's usually best to make sure the game reads the Ultra profile first, and then you tweak things manually from there (but remember to launch the game first), preferably by directly editing the user.ini file yourself and not use the configuration tool at all. Either that, or by using this program.

I will try that!

frogmachine said:
Nothing worked :( Looks so weird. Getting some really strange stitches on the ground.

Maybe a screenshot so that we can see the problem may help . maybe something card related .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70816595@N06/6405307993/in/photostream/

Hope the link works. It didn't want to work with

Looks like quite a bit of blurring as well . Is your card overclocked by any chance . Can you list your system specs

I had this exact same thing happen with a few of my GoG games a while back and they cited card overheating as a possible symptom. It eventually went away and I never figured out what caused it.

I would try fiddling with your graphics card settings.

Tommy said:
Looks like quite a bit of blurring as well . Is your card overclocked by any chance . Can you list your system specs

I haven't overclocked the card myself. It's one of those that are "overclocked at the factury"-cards.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3,2 GHz
XFX Radeon 4890 1 GB
4 GB DDR3 RAM

Haven't overclocked my computer at all.

Tommy said:
I had this exact same thing happen with a few of my GoG games a while back and they cited card overheating as a possible symptom. It eventually went away and I never figured out what caused it.

I would try fiddling with your graphics card settings.

Okay :( Kinda annoying just sitting around and hoping for it to go away :p
I don't think it's the card that's overheating. My computer gets pretty hot but not that hot. The problem is only present in this particular game. It deosn't get any hotter in the Witcher than on BF3, for example.

I'm trying now and then but it's the same now as it was this morning.

Top Bottom