Can't continue main story in brothers in arms quest, Please help!

+
Can't continue main story in brothers in arms quest, Please help!

So I'm in the middle of the quest "Brothers in Arms" where I have to recruit as many allies as I can in preparation for the wild hunt at Kaer Morhen. I am nearly done the quest where I just have to talk to Roche and ask him to join. the problem is that earlier in the game i failed the "eye for an Eye" quest and let Ves die. Now Roche refuses to join and everytime we finish the conversation the quest log tells me to talk to him even though I already have a million times. Has anyone else run into this issue? Do I NEED Roche in order to move on? Please help I dont want to restart my game :(.

It is a bug, but not a game-ending one. You fail all of the 'brother in arms' missions the second you head to the Isle of Mist, but the story continues without any issues.

(The bug being that the quest should update as soon as you talk to Roche.)

On a similar note, I can not talk to the crime lord (I do not recall his name) during this point or at any other time. Does anyone know why this is?

so you mean I can go to the isle of mist without talking to Roche? if so how exactly do I get there? there is no quest indicator for the isle of mists

I am having the EXACT same issue and its bullshit. I just wait 8 days for a fucking patch so i can continue because the Kings Gambit quest stuck me in an infinite loading screen and now I cant continue passed talking to Roche even though I talked to him 30 fucking times. Well here we go again waiting another full week(maybe more) for CD Project fucking red to fix their broken game. I know everyone thinks its great but i guess that because they havent ran into half the glitches and bugs i have. Fix your fucking game CDPR and Maybe ill consider giving it another shot because at this point im fed up.

Last edited:
so you mean I can go to the isle of mist without talking to Roche? if so how exactly do I get there? there is no quest indicator for the isle of mists

You will get the quest indicator for Isle of Mists once you board any boat in Skellige, you have to be in a boat on the water for this to work, then you just sail to the marker.

Same here. Still waiting, coz dont wanna fail this quest. So I have to stay and wait, hopefully they will fix it.

I have the same problem. I 'll talk to Roche but the mission is not updated. Is an infinite loop. My version is 1.05 (patch). Any solution for this?.

I play in XboxOne.

Last edited:
I just had the same problem. I was able to get the quest to register as completed by not choosing to ask him to help fight at Kaer Morhen when I first talked to him and had that option available. Instead I chose "3 how'd you get here" and then "4 see you later", and it then incorrectly registered the quest as completed -- even though I never actually ask him to fight.

I just had the same problem. I was able to get the quest to register as completed by not choosing to ask him to help fight at Kaer Morhen when I first talked to him and had that option available. Instead I chose "3 how'd you get here" and then "4 see you later", and it then incorrectly registered the quest as completed -- even though I never actually ask him to fight.

This is an old problem that I think was fixed many patches ago. The last post in this thread was more than six months ago. What version of the game are you using?

Top Bottom