Can't Damage Caranthir in patch 1.12

+
Can't Damage Caranthir in patch 1.12

I just received patch 1.12. I went to deal with Caranthir and for some reason I cannot damage him. He is fully engaged and can damage me, but every time I hit him, it says that I did -0.8 damage. I was able to dispatch all of the soldiers and hounds on the way to him. Please advise.

Hey,

You can try verifying integrity of game cache and then loading a game save file made before this issue occurred, e.g. before beginning beginning "On Thin Ice".

If the problem persists, contact our Support: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/
Please remember to include a game save file to your report.

Hi, I have the same problem, with Ciri : killing everybody on the ice before reaching Caranthir, but once there I can't do him any damages. I saw in other posts that Caranthir isn't fighting. I had this problem intially : couldn't' do him any damages and he was just standing there, but afer restarting the computer he is now fighting. I just can't do him any damages, it is written i'm doing him -0.55 damages each time.

---------- Updated at 09:46 AM ----------

I'm playing with patch 1.24, I searched "caranthir" in the forum, saw the first post of this thread and didn't see the "1.12" in the title.

I'm playing with patch 1.24, I searched "caranthir" in the forum, saw the first post of this thread and didn't see the "1.12" in the title.

You can still send the support ticket to REDs :) Link can be found from the post above you.

Solved with the following instructions !

1. Go to the folder in which the game is installed and remove the following files (if they are there):
goggame-1207664643.hashdb
goggame-1430742867.hashdb
goggame-1430743168.hashdb
goggame-1441355562.hashdb
2. Run GOG Galaxy, and log in to your account.
3. Go to Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tab.
4. Click More > Manage Installation > Verify/Repair and then confirm by clicking Verify Game
5. Let GOG Galaxy check the integrity of game files

After the verification is complete, please load a savegame created before this issue first occurred.

If you can't see .hashdb files in The Witcher 3 installation folder please follow these steps:
1. Press Windows key and in the search field type Folder Options (on Windows 10: Press Windows key and type "File Explorer Options").
2. Change to View tab.
3. In Advanced settings under "Hidden files and folders" select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

Top Bottom