cant delete waypoint

+
Hey, after the witcher series on netflix i started a new game on witcher 3 (i guess like many other players xD ). now i have a bug which is not really affecting my game but keeps annoying me everytime i see it. i made a custom waypoint because i wanted to go back somewhere. this waypoint is still there and i can see it in the worldmap on the bottom right corner buts i cant see in on my main worldmap, so i cant delete it either... (look screenshot, should be right there where my curser is). is this a known bug? can i delete it somehow?

ov_img_0350(1).jpg

Hm, I‘ve never seen that issue before on Xbox.
Did you check out the other parts of the map ?
Also, did you try restarting the game?

i restarted the game and console yes, is there a few days now. what do you mean by checking out other parts of the map?

Your screenshot only shows a small part of the map from this region.
Maybe try to move around with your gamepad - maybe you overlooked the waypoint somewhere.

ah no i didnt overlook it. i even moved to the waypoint by using the filter-list on the left. its supposed to be exact on my curser

Did you try creating a new waypoint on the same position? Maybe that way you can get rid of it.

yeah tried that too. multiple times. than it says i have two waypoints but i can delete only the new one i made, that one is visible

Hm, then I'm running out of ideas. Reinstalling the game might be worth a try.
Or load an earlier save game before that happened (in case it didn't happen too long ago...).

You could also report it to support and see if they can fix the save game:

(click on "Contact us")

and another waypoint not visible on the big worldmap, only in the mini version in the right buttom corner...
a quest i cant complete anymore since i looted the treasure but the quest did not finish...

that should have been my final 100% game on highest difficulty but looks like this is not gonna happen. i mean, a bug on the worldmap is annoying but its not gamebreaking but now with a quest i cant finish...

no chance developer going to fix theese bugs? read multiple threads that developer are not working on witcher3 anymore...

I‘ve never had that issue and as mentioned before, it seems slightly more common in the early days after the release, before several patches.

But as mentioned before, you can send a report to support with the link above. It‘s also worth reading the suggestions from that link.

I am having this EXACT same issue and have gotten very very far since I've made the way point I would just stop playing before I'd restart.

Haven’t you all guys disabled the display of waypoints through the filters of the map? You can customize what is displayed on the map by selecting filters in the vertical list and then pressing L2 or LT, if I remember correctly.

I know it is explained or displayed nowhere, not even in the command infos at the bottom of the screen, but this feature exists and is very useful to keep a clean and practical map (boats permanently disabled on my side, as well as everything completed (dark grey icons)).

Last edited:
Top Bottom