Can't disable Hints in HUD

+
So I've had this problem since DAY ONE. Hints wont go away. I've tried enabling/disabling them, reloading, reseting my settings, disabling and re-enabling the whole interface, nothing works. Still after 1.2. I have searched the forums for answers but found none.

Is there anything else i can do? Will this ever be fixed? (I'm on PC btw)

Edit: well these HUD elements dropped off from view again shortly after, so it fixed itself.

For whatever reason right as I get to Act 3 and interact with Johnny at the hotel balcony:
Keyboard hints now show up in the lower righthand corner - "Draw weapon L CTRL" etc.
In Settings I have Hints set to off. I went back to an older save (prior to Act 3 starting) and it doesn't happen, and also replayed up to that same point - and the hints start displaying from that point on every time.

Also I now see the speedometer in the lower left when I'm WALKING, not in a car.... It goes away when I enter a vehicle and exit.

Please help with this bug.

Last edited:
I have had this problem since I bought the game at launch. Been trying to fix it for months.

After Act 3, Hints wont go away. I've tried enabling/disabling them, reloading, reseting my settings, disabling and re-enabling the whole interface, nothing works. Still after 1.2. I have contacted support and searched the forums for answers but still have not ben able to fix this. So I'm just going to keep trying. I REALLY want to just enjoy this game.

Is there anything else i can do? Will this ever be fixed? (I'm on PC btw)

This may help.

But more to the point, at that mod, these posts were made:
  • looks like the skip indicator is back afer the quest "play it safe" when "tapeworm" starts at the pistis sophia hotel in pacifica [Act 3 begins]
    loading a save resolves this issue
    no idea why, but that seems to be the only moment in the game where this happens
  • seems like something changed with 1.2
    previously this could be fixed by loading a safe, but now the tooltips stay visible after this point
    any idea how to remove them?
  • now its fixed after the cutscene in the quest a cool metal fire :D
    maybe sleeping works as well, gotta test a bit more
  • can confirm the cutscene in "a cool metal fire" does fix the issue.
    Tried sleeping, didn't work.
For me it started at the point, and then resolved actually before that cutscene.
But unfortunately for you - as you've had the issue since day 1 and probably played after Act 3,
I don't think this will be much help.

Have you tried a clean start? Played past those scenes?

Top Bottom