Can't "discuss the plan with nomads" in "With a Little Help From My Friends"

+
Still bugged on PC 1.1

Cannot interact with any of them at all, just standing around ignoring me still.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone but I managed to fix it on my end by reloading an AutoSave (my Manual Save definitely did not work) before the car ride with Panam. I was lucky enough to have one right before you discuss the plan with the veterans inside the Aldecaldo camp and once I rode back to the spot I was initially stuck at, the dialogue option popped up and the quest was able to continue.

I have been able to reproduce this. I think the problem occurs if you decide not to ride with Panam and then follow them with your own car.

When you decide to ride with Panam or you leave them and let them ride out of your view (and you do other quests first instead) the quest continues normally for me. I guess the problem is that the Panam & the nomads go without you are different from the ones that spawn when you leave them and come back later.

So yeah, loading an older save might be the only soltion here which is pretty sad.

Hey guys! Just wanna share a workaround however it may not work for everyone.
So ran into this problem by accident. I found the solution before the problem.

After getting off the car I went near them and Panam started saying "Ok, the Miletich convoy will be traveling" etc, etc. I immediately notice the tower and went inside. The mission progress updated (which is what suppose to happen) so I opened the door to the tower. I loaded to an earlier save because I thought I needed to discuss something with them but didn't do it right. So here it is, I loaded and just stood there in the middle then to my surprise it didn't proceed. Which is why I'm here. So what I did is loaded to an earlier and recreated what happed. To my surprise, it worked.

Sorry for the long explanation. Here's what you need to do. After Panam says "Are we ready?" she will immediately continue the line "Ok, the Millitech convoy" etc etc. During this time, head into the tower from the back, head the way down to the door where you suppose to open it for them and the mission will progress normally. After Panam says "V, any questions?" the mission should update. You should be inside the room bottom room before Panam says this line as it won't work.

So basically, if you are already past the line "V, any questions?" then this won't work, or if you did not reach the room before Panam says the line it won't work.

EDIT: I tried to recreate the issue but it doesn't work all the time so I experimented a bit. I found the actual solution! I remember going to the tower immediately after getting out of the car. (Curiosity) Panam did not continue her next line as I was nowhere near her. I went back to her and it triggered her line "Are we ready" line continuing until the end. V was supposed to have a reply there which is the bug.

Hope this helps!

I'll try to record it and upload it to YouTube.

Last edited:
Have you tried getting a little closer to the nomads?

Sometimes speech options only show up when you're close to something else. I just played this yesterday but don't remember having any issues with this.

Try walking around a bit or possibly going away some distance, then approaching them again.

Yea sometimes you gotta get so close to the npc that you're practically kissing them to get the dialog to pop up, other times you go away, then come back and it appears.

I just chalk it up to a buggy game, so much so there are several well known exploits, such as item duplication and speed exploits, that if CDPR patched will likely catch flak for (for for multiplayer it HAS TO be patched).

When I arrive on site, I'm supposed to intervene in the discussion before Panam and V go in the tower. But nothing happens when I need to "Discuss the plan with the nomads". Anyone else had the issue, or know how to fix it ?
I had this issue on PS4 but i just reloaded the automatic save there and it worked.

I have a fix. All you need to do is kill yourself in this place, next you will respawn next to nomads and dialogue goes on. Work for me. Hope this will be helpful for u. ENJOY

This happened to me once too... I fixed it by loading an autosave that happens just after the fight with militech on the road (seconds before the bug) Just wait until Mitch gets in the stolen truck and then get to the car with Panam.

Didn't lost any progress.

EDIT: DISREGARD.... Wrong bug, sorry.

It is now March 14. and I am still unable to finish the game because this quest is not playable. I'm also stuck at "Discuss the Plan with the Nomads" and haven't found any way to convince them to actually talk to me.
Reloading a save is not an option, as I played numerous other quests in the meantime.

After patch 1.2 still doesn't work for me as well! This is extremely disappointing as I am looking forward the the Panam story. I really hope they fix this in the next patch

Also confirming that 1.2 didn't fix this glitch. For a quest glitch that has been known about since at least December, with other glitches both being caused by later patches and even then resolved by subsequent hot fixes, it's flabbergasting to me that this one hasn't been taken care of yet.

I have just still installed patch 1.2 and the issue persists. I am stuck in "with a little help from my friends" in the "discuss plan with the nomads" step. They stand there staring at me (Panam has a really flexible neck btw) but no interaction is possible. I have finished all the other quests so loading a previous save and replaying the mission is not possible. I guess I am f****d and will not get the Aldecaldos ending.

I'm in the same boat. I think I had to end my game session there for the day when it happened, so I saved and logged out, thought nothing big of it. When I logged back in, they were no longer talkative, and they haven't reacted since.

Top Bottom