Can't draw weapons?

+
I ran into the same issue once I went back to camp after completing
"I'll Fly Away"
, didn't realize it until I was heading to do a side job and decided to take care of a crime report along the way. Luckily I wasn't too far ahead after realizing it and the game thankfully did a quick save after the side job, and now it works.

Note: Try to remember to check if you can draw weapons often, so you can reload a quick save before getting too far ahead, I had to reload a the 4th or 5th down the list of quick saves in order to get the weapons drawing again.

EDIT: Keep's happening to me after I interact with NPC's at the
Aldecaldos' camp after the side job, "I'll Fly Away."
Sorry for the spoiler, not too sure where else to post this since I haven't reached 10 posts yet, not sure if it technically counts as a spoiler, but just in case.
Post automatically merged:

I had this same problem and I solved it by uhm
ahem
Utilizing the services of a joytoy, after the "cutscene" I was returned to the Night City streets able draw my weapons again.
Definitely going to try this method if it happens to me again and if I'm close to a Joytoy. :LOL:

Last edited:
I tried going into the bar after seeing the suggestion here, but it doesn't work. Been running the game for 2 hours now without progress because I was trying to reload old saves. I guess I have to find a joytoy and give that a shot. 30 hours in now and I'm beginning to think I might have to wait for a patch if the joytoy thing doesn't work.

Same issues, had no problems for 33 hours of play time, got to the mission titled "Pisces" and suddenly cant draw my weapons or do take down's on enemies so literally cant progress at all. Tried reloading multiple previous saves where I definitely did not have this issue and it persists.

Edit - tried all of the suggestions in here triggering a cutscene doesn't change anything

2nd Edit - Mine just started working after a text message conversation with someone (in game) so yeah ill just throw that in there. Hopefully that's not going to happen again and hopefully you guys get it sorted.

3rd Edit - Just to add more info, I reloaded the save from where I had the issue and it comes back, when reloading back to after the issue was resolved it remains resolved.

4th Edit - issue just keeps coming back for me its really starting to irk me. I have logged a support ticket.

Last edited:
My current workaround is to also have a controller plugged in while I play on keyboard.

I press Y on my controller when I need to draw/put away a weapon.

Otherwise pressing Alt makes my character spin around really fast lol

I had the same bug while busy with mission I Fought The Law. At first I thought this was part of the mission until we got attacked. The only thing that worked was the "Hooker fix" to trigger a cutscene. Now I can continue again

Juyo

Forum regular
Just adding to this thread as I had the same issue - not sure at what point it occurred and just entering a safe zone/leaving again didn't help, but entering into cutscene with a 'worker' at Clouds fixed it for me. Really could do with a hotfix though, incredibly irksome to not be able to pull weapons in a game where combat is integral to story progression!

To everyone, here is how to fix that bug:
Use fast travel to Cherry Blossom Market in Japan Town (Westbrook) then go talk to a JoyToy ( Lips/kiss icon on the minimap ) and start the cutscene, once the cutscene will be over you'll be free to use your weapon and call your vehicle again.

Also, the bug seems to occur whenever you interrupt dialogue with a secondary NPC by walking away during it, in my case, it was with Saul in the noman encampment.

Issue triggered for me after visiting a ripper doc and adding some cyberware. I'm in Act1 and can't go to Westbrook yet. How else to trigger a cut scene. I can't advance in the game w/o my weapons.

SOS!!!
:cry:Tricky situation here:
I cannot draw my weapon after leaving Lizzie' s Bar in Act 2.
Didn't know how to fix it so I carried on another quest ——
Shoot to Thrill:giveup:
Now I' m in the middle of the shooting range, which is a completely enclosed space, I can’ t move an inch, without my weapon I can not procceed either.

You might say: "Hey, It' s a RPG, S/L out!"
NO, because I started a new game and all my auto checkpoints in the first archieve are gone, I only have this one single checkpoint left! Plus, I' ve played for over 20 hours.
:oops:
You may laugh now.

So I write this mainly to ask CDPR stuff: After you fix this bug, do players have to do something in the open world to restore back to normal or even they are in the middle of quests it can still be fixed after the game restarted?

As I said this is really important to me, I love my V as a Street boy and it will be such a painful experience if I have to give it up.

I' m not expecting any special attention. It happens in RPG, what we call “坏档” in Chinese, meaning your gaming archieve is broken to hell and there is nothing you can do to fix it. I just don' t want this to happen to me.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Currently having the same issue, can't draw/switch weapons. As I'm still in Chapter 1, I'm not allowed to go to Westbrook yet. Entering a safe zone didn't solve it, phone call doesn't work, as I am also not able to draw my phone. Tried all existing saves, but the issue is on all of them.

None of my active missions provide a cutscene. So I am basically stuck. Are there any other known workarounds? Or did I miss a chance to start a cutscene within the first district?

Thanks in advance.

Currently having the same issue, can't draw/switch weapons. As I'm still in Chapter 1, I'm not allowed to go to Westbrook yet. Entering a safe zone didn't solve it, phone call doesn't work, as I am also not able to draw my phone. Tried all existing saves, but the issue is on all of them.

None of my active missions provide a cutscene. So I am basically stuck. Are there any other known workarounds? Or did I miss a chance to start a cutscene within the first district?

Thanks in advance.
Do you have access to your apartment yet? I haven't tried it, but could try interacting with the mirror, shower or sleeping.

EDIT: Also, if you're on PC, I've made it a habit to hit F5 every so often, as insurance after this happened to me.
Post automatically merged:

Same issues, had no problems for 33 hours of play time, got to the mission titled "Pisces" and suddenly cant draw my weapons or do take down's on enemies so literally cant progress at all. Tried reloading multiple previous saves where I definitely did not have this issue and it persists.

Edit - tried all of the suggestions in here triggering a cutscene doesn't change anything

2nd Edit - Mine just started working after a text message conversation with someone (in game) so yeah ill just throw that in there. Hopefully that's not going to happen again and hopefully you guys get it sorted.

3rd Edit - Just to add more info, I reloaded the save from where I had the issue and it comes back, when reloading back to after the issue was resolved it remains resolved.

4th Edit - issue just keeps coming back for me its really starting to irk me. I have logged a support ticket.
Could be an interaction you do after you reload the save where it's fine, mind kept happening after interacting with merchants in the Bad Lands, so once I reloaded the last time, I avoided them and went to do another side job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom