Can’t equip Black Unicorn because of Level requirement

+
I was using the Black Unicorn katana from signing up to Gog, until the level “The Heist.” At that point, you have to put your weapons away. Once I could get access to my stash again, I couldn’t equip the Black Unicorn. It said I needed to be level 7. The problem is whenever I reach the required level, the requirement goes up by two. I’m now up to 13, and it says I need to be level 15. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Black unicorn.jpg
    Black unicorn.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 86
I have the same problem and it never left my inventory but I ended up putting it in my stash since there isn't anything I can do with it anymore until level 28. This screenshot was taken at a point definitely below level 10 and I pasted the weapon's current stats into it.

black-unicorn-stats.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Update: I just moved it from my stash to my inventory and the level requirement changed to 36. Tried put it back into the stash and moved it to inventoy again and it stayed level 36. My character is level 26.

Last edited:
I submitted a ticket to support on March 27th, so 4 days ago, but haven't heard anything back. Does anybody know how long it usually takes for somebody to respond?

Well, I found a workaround with an unexpected outcome. I got the True Craftsman perk and then crafted a Rare Black Unicorn, hoping it wouldn't have the same problem. Now, I have TWO Black Unicorns. One I can equip and one I can't!

Attachments

• Black Unicorn 2.jpg
    Black Unicorn 2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 60
Yeah they kinda messed up for players with ongoing playtroughs. The idea is good for new playtrough - by upgrading the weapon enough times you get better one in both stats and quality (so unless there is some other limitation you can have legendary katana by level 17?). But appliing this to already leveled characters and weapons was bullshit. They downgraded my BU katana from legendary to rare and since I am like level 37 I no longer cant upgrade it (well I can but its pain in the ass) because levels dont come that fast. So I am stuck with rare katana i cant use lol. (there are better ones but just in the principle its bad)

Top Bottom