Can't equip lower rarity quick hacks

+
When you go to your item management you can see that you can own multiple copies of the same quick hacks, including differing rarities. This is nice because you can sell your excess copies.

However when you go to equip quick hacks you are only presented with the highest rarity one of each you own. That is, if you own the legendary copy of a quick hack, you can't equip the lower tier ones even if you own them all.

This would be fine if the higher tier ones were strictly better, but they actually aren't always depending on your build and what you wanna do.

For one, as they increase in rarity they also increase in RAM cost. You may way to equip one that costs less RAM for some reason. Maybe you want to cast the cheap one a lot rather than the expensive one fewer times.

Also, some higher tier ones have properties you may or may not want. Like the spread effect for example.

You can equip lower tier cyberware body parts if you own multiple of different rarities so I see no reason you shouldn't be able to with quick hacks if for some reason you wanted to.

Last edited:
I have never tried it so I don't know if it works, but you can try to unequip the higher quality quick hack, sell it, and then you should be able to equip the lower quality one

When you go to your item management you can see that you can own multiple copies of the same quick hacks, including differing rarities. This is nice because you can sell your excess copies.

However when you go to equip quick hacks you are only presented with the highest rarity one of each you own. That is, if you own the legendary copy of a quick hack, you can't equip the lower tier ones even if you own them all.

This would be fine if the higher tier ones were strictly better, but they actually aren't always depending on your build and what you wanna do.

For one, as they increase in rarity they also increase in RAM cost. You may way to equip one that costs less RAM for some reason. Maybe you want to cast the cheap one a lot rather than the expensive one less times.

Also, some higher tier ones have properties you may or may not want. Like the spread effect for example.

You can equip lower tier cyberware body parts if you own multiple of different rarities so I see no reason you shouldn't be able to with quick hacks if for some reason you wanted to.
The whole quickhack things need an overhaul.

.) The legendary ones are so strong, that you practicaly never have to shoot anyone anymore and still kill everything on sight (from a car).
.) Many dont get any quickhacks from hacking, as it is bugged and also many of them never find out the bug https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...quickhacks-from-access-points.11061788/page-7
.) The whole UI for quickhacks and to some degree cyberware is?!?! Why is there an own tab at sellers, but not inventory? Why is there no way to see which cyberware I have? I know you can only swap them out at the Ripperdoc. I still want to know, what do I even have..

I have never tried it so I don't know if it works, but you can try to unequip the higher quality quick hack, sell it, and then you should be able to equip the lower quality one

I assume this would work, but it's also not ideal, because you may later want the higher quality one. It's kind of artificially limiting to force the player to always equip their highest rarity one. It should be a simple change to make it just like the cyberware system, any one you own you should be able to equip, be it the common, rare, epic, etc.

Last edited:
I know this is an older post, but I was searching for the same thing as it was bugging me too.

Some legendary Quickhacks (like Ping) can be annoying as it highlights all devices which can really hinder your vision if there's a lot of them. In some cases it's handy, but others not so much.

Not sure if it's an overlooked thing, a bug, or intentional. Either way, seems silly not to allow players to equip lower tier Quickhacks as they please.

I don't know why it's like that, but there is probably a reason because it doesn't seem to be a bug (for me).
At least show all the QHs in the Cyberdeck selection windows and that's fine, you choose the one that you want (even an uncommon one even if you have a legendary one, why not...).

I don't know why it's like that, but there is probably a reason because it doesn't seem to be a bug (for me).
At least show all the QHs in the Cyberdeck selection windows and that's fine, you choose the one that you want (even an uncommon one even if you have a legendary one, why not...).

If I go into my Cyberdeck, it only shows the highest tier Quickhacks I own. Not lower versions of the same ones. I have to go to a shop to actually see all of the ones I own.

Yep I know, it's like that since day one. But I doubt it's a bug (maybe there is a reason, but I don't know which).

Yep I know, it's like that since day one. But I doubt it's a bug (maybe there is a reason, but I don't know which).

I'm pretty sure it's an overlooked lacking feature tbh. I don't see any reason for that at all. No benefits to it. Because of the fact you could just get rid of higher quality ones to use lower ones in the first place. So it's still possible. Which makes it an inconvenience more than anything.

I'll post a comparison just to show for anyone looking at this in the future.

Attachments

• quickhacks.jpg
    quickhacks.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 112
Hi!
Any update on this yet?
Think it's about time they dropped this silly restriction.
It’s not just QH but any other weapon/armor mod as well...

it’s either the assumption that everyone always wants the best tier (what is bad design since legendary QH aren’t able to be stealth anymore or the crafting system which doesn’t let you craft mods for f.e epic vendor stuff if your craft-lvl reach legendary) or just another overlook/unthought decision.

Both needs a rework/adjustment QH and Mod crafting.

Top Bottom