Can't examine the pigs during Fool's Gold Quest!

+
Is there any solutions from the community to solve the two bugs? Or is the DLC umplayable. Because I'm standing still in front of Lurth and I want to know it, before further playing.

I have read: If the pig isn't there, you should load an older save. Does this help in every case? What is the experience of the community here with this solution? Please, tell me!

I have the same problem. The pigs are red when I'm holding the right mouse button, but can't examine them. Restarting the game or loading an earlier save doesn't help.
Edit: I've sent my save folder compressed in RAR.
PS: I play the game on PC.

Last edited:
OK, same issue here.
I don't even see the pigs in red when I use my witcher senses. It seems the bug happen when you start the quest but don't go immediately to examine the pigs. If you leave the town the pigs are bugged when you come again.

in my second playthrough have the same issue ...
maybe because i have installed this mod : "increased creature loot"
on the first day the dlc was released i could finish the quest. at this time i have not installed this mod
sry for this terrible english ;)

Thanks everyone for help! :) We're working on fix - keep an eye for next patches, we will post details on our site and forum.

Annoyance level growing fast.I have the same problem with the pigs,they all glow red but nothing else happens.

Last edited:
cant examine them either, it is strange because quest works just fine on my first play through but on second one i got stuck

Great, another bug!

I've just wasted thirty minutes running around in circles trying to examine these glowing red pigs, wondering what I was doing wrong.

Frankly, I feel just like roasting them all myself right now, and if that village idiot calls me 'Gert' once more, he'll join them.

Third playthrough now, and different quests bugged in each one. Would be great to have a playthrough where I can actually complete all the quests...

• RED Point
Reactions: RnX
Same issue here, except on 1.06 the pigs turned red but couldn't examine them; in 1.07 the pigs no longer turn red and still can't interact.

Also, after patching, my item weight went up causing my total weight to exceed maximum, but I wasn't overburdened for the first few minutes and then randomly the overburdened icon showed up. Why did my items suddenly get heavier? I thought, if anything, it should have gone down, since alchemy and crafting items now weigh zero.

Also, I still hate roach. I was standing on a large bridge outside Novigrad and called for Roach only to have him spawn UNDER the bridge and therefore quite stupid.

There really are a lot of bugs in this game. It amazes me how so many people are calling this game a masterpiece. Yes, it is a great game, but in my book, you can't call something a masterpiece when it has so many flaws. Fix the game breakers and then it will be a masterpiece. I just can't help but wonder at what point CDPR is going to throw in the towel and realize there is no more money to be made by fixing bugs and just move on to the next game.

This was already mentioned on the forum (so thanks for reading carefully). Throw a grapeshot in pigs vicinity. This should restore the examine prompts. Pigs won't glow red but it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom