Can't explore the world after the Ending

+
Hey everyone, so i've seen only 2 posts regarding this very same game breaking bug so i thought i'd make another thread to give said bug more light.

So anyways, like the title says i can't explore the world anymore after i finished the game the popup window that comes up after the credits (image attached) that says "Sure, just one more gig" does not work AT ALL. It redirects me to the game menu so my first thought was "well i'll just press continue it's not a big deal" but doing so throws me back into the credits. So i have no way to play the game after finishing at all. It really is game breaking considering the popup also says they have a "reward" waiting as a congratulations for beating the game.

I already contacted CDPR about it but like the two other times i tried to contact them about some other bugs they never came back to me. I really like this game and besides this one bug i had no other instances in where a bug broke the game for me. But this one bug is a pretty BIG one considering it locks you out of playing the game at all.

Please CDPR, fix the bug and please let us know that at least you have this on your radar and/or give us some news on when you're planning on fixing it or when you're dropping a patch for it. I really want to continue playing but thanks to this i can't.

Attachments

• 20201217202323_1.jpg
    20201217202323_1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 159
You have to reload the save from before you start the mission. when the game warns you.
I did make a save before getting into the restaurant just in case, but it's obvious that that's not how this should be done. Like in the Witcher 3, after you finish the game you can still roam around the world after you finish the game and the main mission is already completed. Reloading the saved file would mean i did this ending for nothing since i just reload way back (like 3 hours of content) and i have no rewards and stuff like the popup says you can get.

I did make a save before getting into the restaurant just in case, but it's obvious that that's not how this should be done. Like in the Witcher 3, after you finish the game you can still roam around the world after you finish the game and the main mission is already completed. Reloading the saved file would mean i did this ending for nothing since i just reload way back (like 3 hours of content) and i have no rewards and stuff like the popup says you can get.

Try find a load save file what you dont go to the finish. Anyway, i can give to you a tip? Do the world quest first, let the main quest 'cold'. :)

Try find a load save file what you dont go to the finish. Anyway, i can give to you a tip? Do the world quest first, let the main quest 'cold'. :)
Yeah, i think i'll just try that if they don't fix it in a patch in some days. Considering doing the other endings aswell + the missions that i didn't so just yet so i don't really have that much trouble with reloading a save file, besides the one i said where they do say i have a "reward" waiting for me so i guess they are fixing it as we speak to let players get reloaded by the game itself into the world and get said reward, otherwise it's just a plain old save reload and it feels kinda "dry" to be honest.

If the intentional save isn't working, that sounds like it could be a bug. You may want to report that to CDPR Support.

However -- one clarification -- games are not actually "required" to let players continue playing after the game content is concluded. TW3 tried to do this, but it was extremely problematic, as that's not really what the game nor the engine was designed for. (I do think that the "habit" of games allowing infinite play has become so prevalent that people are confusing it with "law". Games can and do often end with the credits.)

My guess is that we may see something like free-roam introduced post-campaign only after the expansions and everything are released. That way, there's no chance of players stretching their characters so far out that it interferes with future content. But that's just a guess.

If the intentional save isn't working, that sounds like it could be a bug. You may want to report that to CDPR Support.

However -- one clarification -- games are not actually "required" to let players continue playing after the game content is concluded. TW3 tried to do this, but it was extremely problematic, as that's not really what the game nor the engine was designed for. (I do think that the "habit" of games allowing infinite play has become so prevalent that people are confusing it with "law". Games can and do often end with the credits.)

My guess is that we may see something like free-roam introduced post-campaign only after the expansions and everything are released. That way, there's no chance of players stretching their characters so far out that it interferes with future content. But that's just a guess.

Oh! Sorry, i think i might have made a mistake there that i didn't notice, so to clear any confusions, the save file that i made is working perfectly! My only problem was that, well there's nothing else after the credits, considering they do kind of hint that there's more stuff to do when they say a "reward" is waiting for you. And i really want to see what that reward is and reloading a saved means all that never happened :(.

Top Bottom