Can't find Avallac'h in Final Preparations

+
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me!

I play the Witcher 3 on PlayStation 4. I'm at level 32 and trying to complete 'Final preparations'. So far I've helped Yen, Triss, Ciri.
After these three I had to talk to the lodge of Sourceresses, wich I did. Afterwards Yen tells me Avallac'h is looking for me, but I can't find him anywhere.
He is not in the Ruby room (I meditated through every hour of the day) and he's not in the haunted mansion with Sara and the other lady.
I don't even get a marker on my map except when I go to the worldmap, the marker says he is Novigrad.
I already restarted my playstation completely, began at the beginning of Final preparations, but nothing helps.

After doing some research I came to wonder:
I never helped Yen in Skellige with her personal quest 'The Last Wish' and therefor I never did the 'It takes three to tango' quest.
Could this be the cause to Avallac'h not being in the Ruby room during 'Final Preparations'?
I've read in other threads of people who have the problem that the door of the Ruby room is locked, that they can solve it by doing the 'It takes three to tango'.
That's why I'm wondering if these quests could be related.

I really hope not because that would mean I have to start al level 5 (I have alot of saves but all are from after I went to Skellige)

PLEASE HELP ME

Kind regards,
Virginy

Last edited:
He should be in the Ruby Room.

1.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

2.) Did you use any console commands to force a quest, change outcomes, or skip something?

3.) Run a verify / repair through Galaxy / Steam / Origin. Then, best bet to troubleshoot is to just load saved games further and further back and try again. (If you have a saved game in Skellige, that should be plenty far enough.)

Dear SigilFey, thank you for the reply. I believe I forgot to mention that I play on PlayStation 4. So sorry!

Dear SigilFey, thank you for the reply. I believe I forgot to mention that I play on PlayStation 4. So sorry!

(D'oh!...that Hot Topics feature is deadly if I fail to check the tags. But yes, recognizing it's on PS4 is important.)

Unfortunately, this narrows down the options quite a bit. Reloading / retrying is pretty much the only thing that can be done. Definitely verify / repair the installation and ensure that all updates are fully applied. You could try rebuilding the database on the PS4, as well.

It could also be a RAM situation. Try closing down things like the marketplace, friends features, streaming software, log offline, etc. to free up as many system resources as you can.

If none of that works, sending a ticket into Support is probably best.

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me!

I play the Witcher 3 on PlayStation 4. I'm at level 32 and trying to complete 'Final preparations'. So far I've helped Yen, Triss, Ciri.
After these three I had to talk to the lodge of Sourceresses, wich I did. Afterwards Yen tells me Avallac'h is looking for me, but I can't find him anywhere.
He is not in the Ruby room (I meditated through every hour of the day) and he's not in the haunted mansion with Sara and the other lady.
I don't even get a marker on my map except when I go to the worldmap, the marker says he is Novigrad.
I already restarted my playstation completely, began at the beginning of Final preparations, but nothing helps.

After doing some research I came to wonder:
I never helped Yen in Skellige with her personal quest 'The Last Wish' and therefor I never did the 'It takes three to tango' quest.
Could this be the cause to Avallac'h not being in the Ruby room during 'Final Preparations'?
I've read in other threads of people who have the problem that the door of the Ruby room is locked, that they can solve it by doing the 'It takes three to tango'.
That's why I'm wondering if these quests could be related.

I really hope not because that would mean I have to start al level 5 (I have alot of saves but all are from after I went to Skellige)

PLEASE HELP ME

Kind regards,
Virginy
Hey, I had this problem and I also had a difficult fownloading the game for some reason it was stuck at 99%. Long story short once I downloaded that past 1% avallac'h appeared

For any such issues like this on console, your only real solution is to reload to an earlier point (preferably, a point before the affected quest appeared in your journal) and play through it again.

Also, if encountering an issue such as this, please ensure you free up as many resources as you can on the console. Disable any streaming or social features, background downloads or updates, disconnect from the marketplaces or from internet altogether. Try to ensure the game has as much RAM and CPU power devoted to the game as it can.

Another thing that helps some players is Rebuilding the Database.

Aside from that, the issues like this seem to be random. I don't think a direct cause or solution was ever found.

Top Bottom