Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers

There's a FPS limit option in-game if I recall correctly.. Try checking it out?
Or it could be a limit from another place.. Sorry that's all I know

You're better off than me, I can't get the game to run on more than 34 fps in game and 44fps in the menus no matter what settings or resolution I use.

There is one in the video section. It's not activated. I played around with it and lock the framerate to anything higher than 60 but it doesn't do anything. VSync is turned off.

I guess its reason is poorly optimization because for me changing graphic settings not even change fps at all. They are like buttons that not working. Only things effecting fps is 2 or 3 graphic settings, crowd setting and holy DLSS (on 1080p changing it to below quality not changing fps either). Using RTX 2060 btw

Yep, the FPS changes are marginal. Differences are low single digits. This is really weird.
I've got 2 friends playing the game on similar hardware. They both have an RTX 3080 and they don't have these problems.

I've got an rtx 2060super, i5 8600k and don't use ray-tracing but I can get 55 - 70 fps on ultra 1440p with 3 or 4 options turned down some with quality dlss. Its a bummer not being able to use ray-tracing but anything above quality dlss is just ugly. Its a bummer to not be able to play the game without DLSS if you want really nice graphics with fps,

Meanwhile I'm playing on MSI Gaming RX470 4 GB 8GB of RAM and 2nd gen Xeon 4c/8t 3,2GHz. MSI says gpu is 100% loaded CPU is at 60% and my FPS is arround 22 on average, in the garage with jackie on nomad start I can reach 37. Meanwhile this guy here:
is rocking solid 30 in the city on medium in full 1080p while I'm on low with 70% CAS. No stutters, no overheating, only 5GBs of RAM usage. My GPU is actually quieter now in the badlands than in character creation screen.

3440 x 1440 at 144 Hz
Second monitor is 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz. When I swap to the second monitor it is the same. No performance gain.

Guest 4454648

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers

can you try these settings and tell me what FPS you get https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nd-gtx-1080-1080p-playable-settings.11043014/

Oh, and BTW, it's much more likely its the driver then the game in this case. What driver do you use? in either case, anything after 452.06 is crap. But I don't think that driver supports your card =/

First time I see more than 70 FPS in this game :)

cp2077.jpg

I'm getting around 64-67 FPS on average with occasional rises into the 70s on Raytracing Ultra preset with Motion Blur off. Running 3840x1600 on my Ultrawide with HDR @ 992 nits. Looks too glorious to drop settings. I did try Psycho Screen Space Reflections and Raytraced Lighting though. Lol That was...heavy in cost, but they definitely made things even more gorgeous. Also my FPS tanks now if I try to record the game even with Shadowplay. That 8-10FPS it costs is not something I want to give up when I'm barely staying over 60 FPS. I took all those games I got 144-200 FPS in for granted. Forgot recording actually costs FPS.

The key thing I found is the DLSS setting. Keep it on Auto. Quality costs too much performance. It does a better job at denoising, but it's not worth it until the game's more optimized IMO. The DLSS type you choose is the biggest FPS decider that I've seen. If you go down to like DLSS Ultra Performance, I can easily shoot up to 90-100 FPS, but then the game looks like crap even on max settings.

Ryzen 9 5950X (PBO OC Curve Optimized)
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
4x8GB Team T-Force Xtreem ARGB 3600mhz CL14 (OC'ed to 3733 CL14-15-14-14-30-46-298 FCLK 1866)
ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC (+100 Core / +400 Mem)
x2 2TB WD_Black SN850s
2TB Seasonic FireCuda

Guest 4460609

I had the same issue were vsync seemed to be stuck on. Game had defaulted to full screen windowed so I tried full screen and turning vsync on and off worked again. But a new problem arose, screen tearing even with vsync on, so I went back to full screen windowed. It never quite got to the 75fps that I wanted anyway. I dId have a BSOD though it hasn't happened again but I haven't turned Rivatuner Statistics Server that I used to see fps back on so that may have been part of it. Oh and Rivatuner fps limiter only worked in full screen too. The tearing was there whether I used vsync, ingame fps cap, or RT fps limit.

Now back off topic since this has become a performance thread. Running everything on max at 1080p except reflections, I left them on ultra and I turned off film grain and motion blur. I have a pretty solid 60fps with dips in the low 50's. Max was about 73fps for the short time had no fps cap of any kind.

Asrock X370 Killer Sli/AC
R7 3700x
16gb at 3200
XFX RX 5700 didn't even have to flash it, it was boosting to 1960 stock.
Drivers still using 20.4.2 and don't plan to update until I actually run into a problem.
OS on nvme 2500mb read 1500 write, its an older one and game is on a regular SSD 860 EVO

Never post anything on forums, but since I looked out for Cyberpunk 2077 for a long time I just wanted to add to the list.

Got exact same problem as topic starter. Between 60 - 70 fps, doesn't matter if I put it on 4K Ultra or 1080p Low. Also, the 60 fps is not the smooth 60 fps you would expect. It's choppy. I had a similar problem with Dishonored 2 recently. If the fps drops lower then the max refresh rate, it looks like microstutters (could fix it in Dishonored 2 by disabling G-sync, enabling V-sync to 60Hz ingame and lowering the monitor refresh rate to 60Hz; this doesn't seem to work for Cyberpunk because it doesn't got a setting for 60Hz V-sync ingame and the closest 50Hz setting makes my LG blackout somehow). G-Sync doesn't seem to work properly (like in Dishonored 2), but NCP is giving me the G-Sync label which indicates it should work.

My years of gaming experience thought me a lot about troubleshooting these kind of problems, but I can't get this one fixed. Not via any settings in Windows, nVidia Control Panel or the game itself. Since more people have this problem, I am about 99% sure that it is related to bad programming on CD Projekt Red's side and can only be fixed with an update.

Personally I don't play the game until it gets fixed. Some bugs/glitches I can live with. Severely bad graphical problems with my expensive setup not. It ruins the gameplay for me.

My specs:

Monitor/TV: LG C9 55"
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite
SSD: Corsair MP600
Memory: Vengeance DDR 3700 16 GB RAM

Edit:

Forgot to say. Started the game as Nomad on the night of release and got really good performance then. Did had to put DLSS on Performance, but then I had between 100 - 120 fps with everything on Ultra, the two settings on Psycho and 1440p. I was really happy with that. It was only the next day, that I had these performance issues. So I'm guessing it has something to do with patch 1.03 they introduced between those two moments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom