Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
I'm in the same boat. Only getting around 70-90 fps
i9 10940x OC'd 4.7Ghz all cores
RTX 3090
Vengeance 32 Gb @ 3600
ASUS ROG strix-e gaming II
Samsung Odyssey G7 240hz @ 2K

Turning RT off gave me 10-20 more fps. I also set the FPS to 240 in game settings. Gotta assume with with systems like these having these issues, it's probably the game causing it. It's unlikely to be the hardware. I'll wait for a patch to fix it. Game crashed around 20 mins ago so the latest patch didn't fix it.

I have similar systems specs,
Ryzen 9 5950x
32gb 3600mhz cl16
RTX 3080
Asus rog x570 crosshair hero VIII Wif

Tried various different settings and resolution, including 720p, 1080p etc. My fps doesn't change at all. it's completely stuck between 50ish to 65.
Post automatically merged:

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers

Maybe the issue is exclusive to Asus mobo?

I have similar systems specs,
Ryzen 9 5950x
32gb 3600mhz cl16
RTX 3080
Asus rog x570 crosshair hero VIII Wif

Tried various different settings and resolution, including 720p, 1080p etc. My fps doesn't change at all. it's completely stuck between 50ish to 65.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe the issue is exclusive to Asus mobo?
Everyone with this problem does seem to have an Asus mobo albeit different ones...but I can't imagine how the mobo can limit your fps?

Just want to let you know that i have the same Problem. I have the follwoing build:
Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX 3070 FE
Asus B550-F Motherboard
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengance

Virtualization: Yes
DOCP: Yes
DisplayPort: Yes
Latest Nvidia Driver: Yes
Windows Version: 20H2 (19042.685)
Dedicated Soundcard: No

I already tried the SMT fix, but it hasn´t improved my performance. I cant get more than 65 FPS regardless the resolution settings or graphics presets. On the lowest settings my GPU has a utilisation of about 30%.

EDIT1: Updated Specs

Last edited:
Same issue as you guys with 5900x and 2080.
It seems to mostly affect Amd cpus and especially 5000 series.

However, something really interesting is that on a different windows installation the game works fine. Lowering the resolution gives ~100 fps as it should. And the gpu utilization on higher resolution is constantly at >98% with no drops like before.
Maybe it's a conflict with certain software? I really don't know...

Same issue as you guys with 5900x and 2080.
It seems to mostly affect Amd cpus and especially 5000 series.

However, something really interesting is that on a different windows installation the game works fine. Lowering the resolution gives ~100 fps as it should. And the gpu utilization on higher resolution is constantly at >98% with no drops like before.
Maybe it's a conflict with certain software? I really don't know...

That's interesting, i wonder what software might be causing this issue. Have you tried to reinstall the game?

What version of widows between the two? I'm on 20H2. ive tried disabling any other random software and havent found anything.

Do you guys have (Feel free to use this as template to find what we have in common)

CPU Virtualization enabled: Yes
DOCP Profile: Yes
G.Skill Ram: Yes
Using DisplayPort: Yes
Latest NVidia drivers: Yes
RTX 30 series: Yes
AMD 5000 series: Yes
Windows Build: 19042.685
Dedicated Sound Card: Yes

Last edited:
That's interesting, i wonder what software might be causing this issue. Have you tried to reinstall the game?

I would have but since it's ok on the other one, I didn't bother.

Do you guys have (Feel free to use this as template to find what we have in common)

CPU Virtualization enabled: Yes
Latest NVidia drivers: Yes
RTX 30 series: Yes
Windows Build: 19042.685
Dedicated Sound Card: Yes

BIOS settings shouldn't matter but here you go:

CPU Virtualization enabled: No
Latest NVidia drivers: Yes but I have tried older ones
RTX 30 series: No
Windows Build: 19042.685 - This is my main suspect, the working installation in on an older version
Dedicated Sound Card: No

I have also booted in Clean Boot so no third party software/service was running but no change.
So I'm thinking it's either something with the Windows version, or hardware drivers conflicting.

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers
The game will be limited I suppose, anyway, check the monitor's hertz, but even if it does not exceed 60 fps with that GPU it will accept a huge amount of additions, I want one!

Have you checked your native settings? I know that NVidia has a few options in the control panel that could potentially be the culprit.

The same issue here with the lock at +-65, already did a full sweep of the nvidia drivers, tried many settings.

AMD 5950x
Nvidia RTX 3090
Asus X570-e Gaming
32GB RAM

Hi :)

I could solve the problem for me by reinstalling Windows completely, then I got full fps and could enjoy the game exactly to the point when I installed AI Suite, it seemed that the software has revived the old problem so reinstalled Windows again cleanly this time I am away from AI Suite.

Top Bottom