Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
Annoyingly, I can confirm reinstalling windows resolved the issue. I can now get FPS gains by lowering settings and resolution. I have to assume it was Asus software causing it, but dont want to reinstall it to find out for sure. I did try uninstalling AI Suite and armoury crate + disabling all asus services before reformatting but it made no difference.

After the format im at over 100fps on all low, and even at several hundred fps in menus which even those were capped for me previously.
I just reinstalled Windows and now I'm downloading Cyberpunk again. Stupid me forgot to make a backup of the game.

Actually turning down the graphics can sometimes have little affect on framerates because you are switching the load over to the CPU and you become CPU bound ..... That's why tech sites test CPU performance with 1080p and medium settings using a 2080ti or lately a 3090 because that ensure your CPU is loaded at 100% and the limiting factor is the CPU and not the GPU

However there is also a couple of bugs, one with Ryzen CPUs that doesn't turn on SMT so you are only using half the threads available and overloading the ones that are available and another bug is with the memory pooling ..... Both of these bugs are relatively simple to fix (Google it if you want to try yourself *IF* you are somewhat technically proficient) and should be addressed in the upcoming patch ...... Unless or until these this fixes are implemented those on Ryzen CPUs are going to be CPU bound and turning down the graphics on a high end GPU will only make the problem worse as the load shifts from the GPU to the CPU

We already discussed all these matters a few days ago, no one was CPU bound and already performed all workarounds like activating SMT, thanks for the input though.

Matter was resolved a few hours back, AI Suite was the culprit but we don't know why yet.

I just reinstalled Windows and now I'm downloading Cyberpunk again. Stupid me forgot to make a backup of the game.
Okay guys, I can confirm that reinstalling Windows without any Asus software was successfull. The game now scales when I lower the details and the resolution. I'm also getting 3 digit framerates in the menus which wasn't the case before.
Thanks to everyone who tested this and came up with the solution.

Update everyone, installed Ai suit and bugged my game out like the problem you all are having, you have two options, if you can Fully remove AI suit using the AI suit remover do so. Safest and best way is fresh windows install! So... DO NOT INSTALL ARMOURY CRATE

You're the man, thank you so much! Before I had around 70fps at 1440p ultra RT preset with GPU usage around 80-90%. The game was hard capped at ~70 fps even when I was tinkering with the settings to optimize for performance. Changing the resolution to like 720p with DLSS at ultra performance, with low graphics preset and low population density wasn't giving me more frames. I was stuck at 70ish frames, the only thing it was doing is lowering even more my GPU utilization. When I was drinving around the city I had really low fps, in the 50's sometimes.

Uninstalling AI Suite and running the cleaner didnt work for me, so I formated and reinstalled windows.
Now I have ~80 fps at 1440p ultra RT preset and the performance is scaling correctly when I lower the resolution, or the graphics settings or the ray tracing settings. When I drive around, I rarely get below 70 fps. I can get 100 fps or even 200 fps if I put disgusting graphics settings, like any other game.

Please give this man a medal for sacrificing himself! Thank you so much, you're my Santa Claus.
But seriously, thanks everyone that contributed to troubleshoot this.

System:
ASUS B550-F Gaming WIFI
Ryzen 5800x (OC 5Ghz all cores)
32GB 3200mhz DDR4
RTX 3080 (OC 1960mhz base clock)
750W PSU
1TB Sabrent Rocket PCIe4 M.2 SSD

You have that backwards .... Windows 7 only supports CP2077 on paper ....... It's a DEAD OPERATING SYSTEM THAT IS OBSOLETE ..... I suggest switching to windows 10 while you can still get it for free (Google it) because you are only going to find fewer games, if any, that Windows 7 will support from here on out and Microsoft isn't going to allow free upgrades forever .... They'll eventually pull the plug and then you are screwed

Since when do OS get optimised for individual games ? It was always the other way around, a game (software) gets optimised for the OS it is supposed to be running on.

If you officially advertise in your specsheet that Win7 is a supported OS and the game is literally unplayable because of the performance on said OS, we call that false advertisement in the world im coming from.

Win7 is still in wide use. Around 30% of all PCs running a MS OS are still running on Win7.
That's the reason why CDPR advertised supporting it. Potential money that would have been left on the table if they would have straight up said that Win7 will not be supported for CP 2077.
Same reason why they put out a lastgen version, even though they knew exactly that it will run and look like trash.
Corpo greed in a nutshell.

Win7 is still viable, 99.99% of modern games run without any problems and for older games it is straight up better.
The only 2 games I ever had problems with are COD Warzone and CP 2077, who both officially support Win7 (on paper).

And btw I didn't buy CP from MS, but from CDPR who advertised to support said OS, so the whole "but even MS doesn't support Win7 anymore" argument is completely irrelevant.
Im not at fault that the game runs like trash while using a OS that is officially supported.
It's the other way around.

Unfortunately, I can also confirm the same thing. I have an Asus board as well, a Crosshair VIII Impact. I had Armoury Crate on auto-install from the BIOS and I also used AI Suite III to control a few things (have been using it for a long time and never had issues with it). So, I first turned off Armoury Crate auto-install, uninstalled everything ASUS related, used Armoury Crate uninstaller, AI Suite III cleaner, disabled all ASUS related services, deleted all of the ASUS folders that I can find, ran a registry cleaner, and a leftover file remover, following some online uninstallation guides. Several restarts later, this fixes nothing. I was stuck at sub 30 fps regardless of resolutions and settings before with sub 100% GPU usage (65%-ish), and I still am having the same issue after the fix.

I then tested this fix on a spare SSD I had laying around. I just installed a fresh Windows 10 on it, boot into it, install the latest driver for my 6900XT and AMD chipset driver for the X570 chipset and 5950X. I had my CBP2077 on an external drive, so, without GOG I just ran the EXE of the game as administrator on the fresh Windows 10 install, and lo' and behold, I'm getting proper 100% GPU utilization now, and the fps scales with the resolution and settings nicely.

So, it clearly is something to do with the "old" Windows install. Most likely, as others have suggested, it is somehow tied to ASUS' AI Suite III, but well, I don't know. Removing it seems to be of no effect.
One thing is for sure, there is no way in hell I am reinstalling Windows to just play a single game. This is not how it was supposed to be and is totally unacceptable for a $60 game. I also use my computer for work during workdays and there are numerous proprietary programs that will take ages to reinstall and reconfigure, not to mention to re-license them. It simply is not worth the effort for me to reinstall Windows just to play a game.

So, until it is clear what the issue actually is and how to fix it without having to reinstall Windows, I'll say that this is just a load of horse sh*t! Can't even play the game I paid retail for properly.

Last edited:
to mention to re-license them. It simply is not worth the effort for me to reinstall Windows just to play a game.

So, until it is clear what the issue actually is and how to fix it without having to reinstall Windows, I'll say that this is just a load of horse sh*t! Can't even play the game I paid retail for properly.

Sadly AI Suite has a history of causing issues like this if you look around. I cant squarely blame this issue on CDPR, not that there arent plenty of other problems that certainly are their fault.

I initially installed widows the monday before cyberpunk when i built the PC. The only thing i did differently this time was not install the asus software. I dont know what else it could be but AI Suite.

Sadly AI Suite has a history of causing issues like this if you look around. I cant squarely blame this issue on CDPR, not that there arent plenty of other problems that certainly are their fault.

I initially installed widows the monday before cyberpunk when i built the PC. The only thing i did differently this time was not install the asus software. I dont know what else it could be but AI Suite.

I will try with my sacrificial Windows 10 and install AI Suite III alone. I'll report back if that was indeed the issue.

Can everyone that is having the issue confirm that they at some point had AI Suite installed?

I'm mindblown at how big problems it's causing. For me the rabbit hole goes deeper, I will later write a detailed chronicle because it got even weirder for me and it also involved my antivirus where after uninstalling it, it restored the wacky behavior I was experiencing in some games.

Just a quick update for now, system restore to before installing AI Suite did NOT fix the problem it caused.
F*ck ASUS...

Can confirm I had installed ASUS Armory Crate, inclusive of AI Suite on this installation of windows.

No other games were affected that I know of.

I have just completed a clean installation of windows. Prior to re-testing, I installed all my usual things (Steam, BNet, Discord), and installed the latest AMD Chipset drivers, windows updates, and AMD Adrenaline drivers.

I am now getting the expected 75+ FPS performance @ 1440p Ultra, for my 5950X/6800XT combo. Lowering settings now correctly significantly improves performance.

Another confirmation that ASUS software is the culprit. I have known for years ASUS software was complete dogshit, but this is just next level bad.

I have validated that it was indeed AI Suite III, specifically the DIP5 component (Dual Intelligent Processor 5-Way Optimization). I install one component at a time and test at 1080p maxed out every graphics settings possible.

Basically, normal performance at 100% utilization should be around 135fps 1080p from my test when the Windows is clean (drivers only). Installing the EZUpdate and System Information component of AI Suite III is fine, nothing is affected. Right after I installed DIP5 and restarted, fps got axed by half. I'm getting only 70fps 1080p and GPU usage is axed to 50-60%. While this is still very much playable compared to the 30fps I got on my main Windows 10 install, this proves that DIP5 is the prick.

So, F*CK ASUS.

I haven't gotten around testing Armoury Crate yet, whether or not it also affects anything. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow with another fresh sacrificial install.

Anyway, the current sacrificial install is non-salvageable after DIP5 was installed. I tried uninstalling AI Suite III entirely, deleting ASUS folders, stopping services, using the cleaner program, clean registry with CCleaner, uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, basically, nothing restores the original performance of 135fps at 1080p. It is now stuck at 70fps at most no matter what.

I have validated that it was indeed AI Suite III, specifically the DIP5 component (Dual Intelligent Processor 5-Way Optimization). I install one component at a time and test at 1080p maxed out every graphics settings possible.

Basically, normal performance at 100% utilization should be around 135fps 1080p from my test when the Windows is clean (drivers only). Installing the EZUpdate and System Information component of AI Suite III is fine, nothing is affected. Right after I installed DIP5 and restarted, fps got axed by half. I'm getting only 70fps 1080p and GPU usage is axed to 50-60%. While this is still very much playable compared to the 30fps I got on my main Windows 10 install, this proves that DIP5 is the prick.

So, F*CK ASUS.

I haven't gotten around testing Armoury Crate yet, whether or not it also affects anything. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow with another fresh sacrificial install.

Anyway, the current sacrificial install is non-salvageable after DIP5 was installed. I tried uninstalling AI Suite III entirely, deleting ASUS folders, stopping services, using the cleaner program, clean registry with CCleaner, uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, basically, nothing restores the original performance of 135fps at 1080p. It is now stuck at 70fps at most no matter what.

Thanks man, thats great info. I wonder if theres any tools out there to monitor system changes so we could find out what the hell DIP5 is doing that doesnt get undone.

I remove asus aura sync and other asus related , my gpu usage instantly increase and boost the FPS atleast 15% up now
wow ASUS really fked us hard

EDIT: try in others game like monster hunter world , 10% fps increased

Last edited:
I remove asus aura sync and other asus related , my gpu usage instantly increase and boost the FPS atleast 15% up now
wow ASUS really fked us hard

EDIT: try in others game like monster hunter world , 10% fps increased

I can confirm that after uninstalling anything I could find from Asus, including ROG Live Service, and disabling all Asus related services, my minimum framerate went up from 60-65 to 75 (on a 3090 xD).

Loading optimized defaults in the bios did not help either.

Also tried changing power plans, no luck.

Will keep on searching tonight.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a similar issue to all of you here. In certain parts of NC i have a big framerate drop, no matter the settings. It's mainly contained to a few streets. The symptom is like in most cases here, the GPU utilization drops significantly, from 99 to about 70-65%.

The problem is I am neither on Ryzen, nor have an Asus MoBo. I have an i7-9700 with an MSI board and no app related to it installed, and RTX3080. I have upwards of 80 fps in most parts of the city and of course outside of it it's above 100. Ultra everything with RTX and DLSS. Bu then I go to Japantown for example and down to about 50. Tested on 1.04 and earlier, with the latest drivers and with older ones from Nov. Settings changes don't affect the issue.

Hey guys, I have a similar issue to all of you here. In certain parts of NC i have a big framerate drop, no matter the settings. It's mainly contained to a few streets. The symptom is like in most cases here, the GPU utilization drops significantly, from 99 to about 70-65%.

The problem is I am neither on Ryzen, nor have an Asus MoBo. I have an i7-9700 with an MSI board and no app related to it installed, and RTX3080. I have upwards of 80 fps in most parts of the city and of course outside of it it's above 100. Ultra everything with RTX and DLSS. Bu then I go to Japantown for example and down to about 50. Tested on 1.04 and earlier, with the latest drivers and with older ones from Nov. Settings changes don't affect the issue.

Have you tried the memory pool fix for PC?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks man, thats great info. I wonder if theres any tools out there to monitor system changes so we could find out what the hell DIP5 is doing that doesnt get undone.

Idk, this is f*cked up. No other games or software has this issue to my knowledge, so it could also be a bug on CDPR's side. But this kind of huge impact of performance from some leftover crap is just insane. I'll try ASUS support and see what they have to say about this bullsh*t software of theirs.
Post automatically merged:

I can confirm that after installing anything I could find from Asus, including ROG Live Service, and disabling all Asus related services, my minimum framerate went up from 60-65 to 75 (on a 3090 xD).

Loading optimized defaults in the bios did not help either.

Also tried changing power plans, no luck.

Will keep on searching tonight.

You are installing them? Or you mean uninstalling them?

Hey guys, so the exact same thing happened to me. I have a 3090 and 3950x. Before this happened, I was playing on 4K, RT ON, DLSS Performance and averaging around 60-80fps. All of a sudden I noticed my fps were not going above 65fps and the game was very choppy. No matter what resolution I chose, what settings I applied, same 65fps lock. I immediately searched this issue on google and found this thread. After reinstalling drivers, restarting windows etc. I am still stuck at 65fps and averaging 40-60 fps.

Last edited:
I reinstalled windows, yet the problem didn't go away. Didn't touch any asus programs. Just fresh reinstall of windows and drivers. Anybody else having the same issue. It bothers the hell out of me that for a few times I somehow managed to get ridd of this problem but I don't have a f'ing clue how I did it.

I have reinstalled windows and voila gone from 65fps to 170fps at low settings/720p!

Now I'm tempted to install Armory crate for RGB control of my Gskillz ram. Asus Aura alone doesn't work as it only seems to control mobo RGB.

Has anyone else reinstalled Armory crate without issues?

Top Bottom